Well it been about 4 mos so far............

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

«MechikTaj»

lolol First blood betrayals
A lot.
The two patches have really helped the game, imo. For me, it's more enjoyable now then before because of things like the improved AI, damage tweaks, a few more options in the menu, etc. Having said that though, I think there's still quite a few improvements that can *will* be made in future patches/updates and hopefully, a nice bonus pack ala UT2004ECE. Oh and of course, the 44 player match in WAR-Islander a few nights ago was awesome... 'cept the server crashed towards the end of the match. :( I for one can't wait to play a 64 player match in WAR-TankCrossing. :D

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I haven't noticed AI improvements. Quite the opposite, in fact, as they like to stand in place a lot more and still shoot me with inhuman reaction times. I thought they specifically said they had fixed that crap? :/

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
A lot.
The two patches have really helped the game, imo. For me, it's more enjoyable now then before because of things like the improved AI, damage tweaks, a few more options in the menu, etc. Having said that though, I think there's still quite a few improvements that can *will* be made in future patches/updates and hopefully, a nice bonus pack ala UT2004ECE. Oh and of course, the 44 player match in WAR-Islander a few nights ago was awesome... 'cept the server crashed towards the end of the match. :( I for one can't wait to play a 64 player match in WAR-TankCrossing. :D

I can't wait for a 64 player optimized WAR-TankCrossing to come out:lol:

Munchables

Flying Nuns!!!
Jan 31, 2008
All good supermarkets near you
I haven't noticed AI improvements. Quite the opposite, in fact, as they like to stand in place a lot more and still shoot me with inhuman reaction times. I thought they specifically said they had fixed that crap? :/

yepp, the bots still shoot at you when you fake death; just dumb how they havn't fixed it since the original....

«MechikTaj»

lolol First blood betrayals
Well, the bots may not be amazing, but from what I've noticed, they're a lot better than when the game first came out. I don't get instantly shot (as often as before :p) even at point blank range; they don't gang up on me; and until this latest patch, I never saw any of them, for example, grapple on to me while they're carrying the flag when I position myself in front of them with a Raptor. And I like that they're still vocal about certain things. Oh, and their Orb running (though still not perfect) has definitely improved.
I haven't noticed them shooting me or not when feigning death because I never do it offline. I don't see the point. Then again offline, I usually only play deathmatch. Besides, I always blow up corpses online, just to be sure. ;)
I do hate it when they stand still and shoot. Seems like they just need to have their aggressiveness turned up...

Enfluence

I kinda like UT3.
Jan 25, 2008
I think the game sucks to be honest the patches have not changed my opinion and Epic completely left out dueling maps and whats up with 10-12 deathmatch maps? considering theyve been making this game since when like 2006...i personally was hoping for a more "Epic" feel.

Noobnugget

Jan 10, 2006
How do you like UT3 Now with its updates and fixes?
I don't, really. The patches haven't done much since the last iterations are still vastly superior. I only start it up occasionally to see if any custom maps and other content are better than just "ok". And even that part of the game is underwhelming.

Scrap and start over plz.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
yepp, the bots still shoot at you when you fake death; just dumb how they havn't fixed it since the original....

Only if you have been at the same spot for a while or they have spotted you already before you feign. I have tested this a lot and I see bots running past my dead body all the time. Also the bots no longer all target you or if they are already engaged in combat they don't stop and start coming after you ... also it seems team ups are less prevelant. So yeah I definitely notice big changes in the A.I. My teammates are actually able to score on CTF maps at just the skilled level. Also I can play at adept level to some degree now ... that was impossible before. Do the bots still need work? Sure ... but have they improved? You bet they have.

Edit: I see that this is going to turn into another bash Epic thread so let me leave now before I end up getting into an argument. Man don't you folks who dislike this game so much have something, anything better to do then wait for opportunities to complain about the game to open up. I mean you aren't saying anything new ... you are sounding like broken records and then you wonder why Epic doesn't want to listen. Have fun on this negative thread ...

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I thought they specifically said they had fixed that crap? :/

Yeah. What I think of right now is that they misunderstood the reaction time concerns from the community, giving the bot a different First-Sight reaction time. The issue wasn't there - The issues is after-sighting.

And yes the bots like to stand in place. I don't get it, why is it so hard to make them randomly dodge and jump around with different timing to make the fight more interesting...

It's been 9 years FFS.

Anisotonic

Jan 21, 2008
Montréal
well the patches certainly made the whole affair seem much less amateurish, but it still feels like everything but the gameplay is missing. don't think that can be really fixed with patches though unfortunately.