Turok Demo Finally Available For North American Xbox LIVE Users.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
Yeah, I've had the demo for a few weeks now, it came on the newest OXM disc. I WAS excited about this game. I had played a "vendor demo" about 3 months ago, and it was really cool, at least it seemed. When I played this newer demo, I have to wonder is it even the same game....Not very good. OXM rated it a 7.0.

GGA_Nate

I train people, not dogs.
Jan 20, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
www.myspace.com
If the reviews give Turok a decent score, I'll probably pick it up, regardless of whether or not it's innovative or just a rehash. Fighting dinosaurs is enough to get me interested.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Played through the ps3 demo till the section where you have to stealth kill the soldiers. To me it does feel like turok especially once you hit the jungle portions. Fighting humans doesnt really bother me that much since you primarily fought them in Turok 1 to begin with. One thing that I dont like is the controls, primarily in the movement. I dont know if its just me, but it feels like there is a half second or so delay between the time you press the stick and you actually taking a step forward. *sigh* oh well nothing will bring back the near perfect controls of the N64 versions. I will still be buying it release day for sure.

badvermin

The one and only
Aug 5, 2005
I tried the 360 demo, I didn't notice any control problems. I didn't find this game to be bad at all, in fact I enjoyed myself and played through it twice. Granted it isn't a game of the year contender, but it seems better than most of the generic FPS out there.

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Just one question : has someone stolen your teammates brain in the game ?

I guess now we know why the USA didn't get this demo first ... it is so pathetic that they only dared to show it to the rest of the world ;)

[xF]PR3D470R

My Vengeance Is Everlasting
Jan 20, 2004
KC
I was hoping Turok was going to be good :( I guess I'll just have to fire up my PS2 and play Dino Crisis to get my dinosaur fix (what a great game that was).

OutlawSkot33

Im me.
May 27, 2004
Game isnt even out and its being completely judged entirely on a demo as if that was the final thing.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Tried it and not that impressed. Controls are quite hard for battling with raptors. It's hard to tell if the raptors are dead or not, especially with player being able to push the ragdolls around. And, quite unusual complaint - AI for larger dinosaur (the one that attacks raptors and then player and his teammate) is too advanced, or what is more dumb prefers human target to bot. For me it ignored my teammate who stood in the open firing at it with shotgun, and went for me, even though I was farther, in the corner and significantly to the side from it, and I was not shooting.

Game isnt even out and its being completely judged entirely on a demo as if that was the final thing.

Still, it's a demo that is supposed to sell the game. This demo will remain on Live for quite a long time, and also, since the game is scheduled to be released in first half of February, that means that it will go gold in the next few days, since all the printing, packaging, shipping takes 1,5-3 weeks depending on the publisher. To summarize, this demo mostly represents the game. Also I didn't noticed "demo does not represent quality of the final product" or alike warning at the start of the game.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
****ing bull****, I just opened my Xbox 360 to download that demo.

Only Xbox live Gold users can download that demo for the moment, come back in a couple of days or subscribe for a Gold account now.

Of course my Gold account expired since there's no ****ing point in paying for the worse service ever made by man. Steal your money to let you play on listen servers. I think that's the top of the top now. Seriously man, Fileplanet already had the demo pre-download thing on. But "In a couple of days" for a demo? Just because I have a silver account is the most retarded thing I have ever seen in my life. Wow.

Micro$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$oft.

Last edited: