1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turok Demo Finally Available For North American Xbox LIVE Users.

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by _Lynx, Jan 29, 2008.

1. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

Major Nelson in his Marketplace Roundup among other goodies listed Turok demo, now being available for North American LIVE users.
    For other countries the demo was released on January 15th

2. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

Where's the Unites States?

3. Scrumpus

Scrumpus I am that I am.

Has there been any mention of a PC demo?

4. GGA_Nate

GGA_Nate I train people, not dogs.

I don't think so, the PC version's supposed to come out later. Anyways, I hear the demo isn't very good.

5. ZenPirate

ZenPirate Living Legend (and moderator)

I played the PS3 demo version. Trust me, skip this one.

6. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

Seriously? Damn, canceling demo. D:

7. flo0tz

flo0tz New Member

Crap, I had high expectations for this game. Maybe the PC version will deliver (hopefully).

8. ShredPrince

ShredPrince New Member

Yeah, I've had the demo for a few weeks now, it came on the newest OXM disc. I WAS excited about this game. I had played a "vendor demo" about 3 months ago, and it was really cool, at least it seemed. When I played this newer demo, I have to wonder is it even the same game....Not very good. OXM rated it a 7.0.

9. GGA_Nate

GGA_Nate I train people, not dogs.

If the reviews give Turok a decent score, I'll probably pick it up, regardless of whether or not it's innovative or just a rehash. Fighting dinosaurs is enough to get me interested.

10. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

Played through the ps3 demo till the section where you have to stealth kill the soldiers. To me it does feel like turok especially once you hit the jungle portions. Fighting humans doesnt really bother me that much since you primarily fought them in Turok 1 to begin with. One thing that I dont like is the controls, primarily in the movement. I dont know if its just me, but it feels like there is a half second or so delay between the time you press the stick and you actually taking a step forward. *sigh* oh well nothing will bring back the near perfect controls of the N64 versions. I will still be buying it release day for sure.

11. badvermin

badvermin The one and only

I tried the 360 demo, I didn't notice any control problems. I didn't find this game to be bad at all, in fact I enjoyed myself and played through it twice. Granted it isn't a game of the year contender, but it seems better than most of the generic FPS out there.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  12. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

Just one question : has someone stolen your teammates brain in the game ?

I guess now we know why the USA didn't get this demo first ... it is so pathetic that they only dared to show it to the rest of the world ;)

13. [xF]PR3D470R

[xF]PR3D470R My Vengeance Is Everlasting

I was hoping Turok was going to be good :( I guess I'll just have to fire up my PS2 and play Dino Crisis to get my dinosaur fix (what a great game that was).

14. OutlawSkot33

OutlawSkot33 Im me.

Game isnt even out and its being completely judged entirely on a demo as if that was the final thing.

15. cubemario

cubemario Cubely Wrath

That's what was said about ut3.

Anyway, why does everyone have high expectations for turok? The majority of the games have been lousy.

16. _Lynx

Tried it and not that impressed. Controls are quite hard for battling with raptors. It's hard to tell if the raptors are dead or not, especially with player being able to push the ragdolls around. And, quite unusual complaint - AI for larger dinosaur (the one that attacks raptors and then player and his teammate) is too advanced, or what is more dumb prefers human target to bot. For me it ignored my teammate who stood in the open firing at it with shotgun, and went for me, even though I was farther, in the corner and significantly to the side from it, and I was not shooting.

Still, it's a demo that is supposed to sell the game. This demo will remain on Live for quite a long time, and also, since the game is scheduled to be released in first half of February, that means that it will go gold in the next few days, since all the printing, packaging, shipping takes 1,5-3 weeks depending on the publisher. To summarize, this demo mostly represents the game. Also I didn't noticed "demo does not represent quality of the final product" or alike warning at the start of the game.

17. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

****ing bull****, I just opened my Xbox 360 to download that demo.

Of course my Gold account expired since there's no ****ing point in paying for the worse service ever made by man. Steal your money to let you play on listen servers. I think that's the top of the top now. Seriously man, Fileplanet already had the demo pre-download thing on. But "In a couple of days" for a demo? Just because I have a silver account is the most retarded thing I have ever seen in my life. Wow.

Micro$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$oft.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  18. evilmrfrank

evilmrfrank Banned

19. _Lynx

Yep. All the new free stuff is now exclusive for Gold users for one week. And it's this way for about two months already actually.