BuF Xbox360 owners, and UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Will you buy UT3 for Xbox360??

• Yes

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • I don't own 360, but if I did, I'd probaly buy it

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • No, even if I owned a 360

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • I own 360, but the PC version is enough for me

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • If it's a better/cleaner version, then YES!

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
Just wondering how many plan to purchase the 360 version when released?

I have a theory it will be the most solid version to date. It remember Epic saying they prefer that version, probably for good reason. Looking forward to it.

Adding poll

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Just wondering how many plan to purchase the 360 version when released?

I have a theory it will be the most solid version to date. It remember Epic saying they prefer that version, probably for good reason. Looking forward to it.

Adding poll
Nooo... no Epic said they prefer the PC version. Epic never said they prefer the Xbox 360 version. In fact they repetitively praised Sony's open network architecture over Live. The major delays are caused by the lack of storage on the DVD media for streaming (PS3 version has BluRay and PC version expands onto Harddrive) and the closed architecture making mods and all the stuff Unreal is known for -- pretty much impossible until they spam MGS CTO's email.

Now while they say they prefer the PC version -- how will it end up? Dunno...

Last edited:

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
Even if I owned a 360 (will never happen), I wouldn't buy UT3 for it - hell, I wouldn't buy any FPS game for it as they're for PCs, not bloody consoles!

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
FPS'es and consoles mix as well as Baileys and coffee.

And I don't own a 360.

And I already have UT3.

...which isn't really worthy of buying twice to begin with.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Only if it has split screen support which the PS3 version doesn't have ... I kinda want all three versions ... I really like the core game.

Minimaul

Hate Kill Destroy
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
For those that already own the PC version, and own 360, but do not wish to purchase on 360:

why?

I play 'comptetively' on the PC. I don't want to switch between the two platforms. I don't want to spend the money. I don't want to split my time between the two when I can concentrate on just one. I don't want to play my favorite game with a controller. I don't want to play single player and I don't want to play in the XBL community.

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
I play 'comptetively' on the PC. I don't want to switch between the two platforms. I don't want to spend the money. I don't want to split my time between the two when I can concentrate on just one. I don't want to play my favorite game with a controller. I don't want to play single player and I don't want to play in the XBL community.

What if UT3 on 360 sells like mad, and there are more people playing it overall on 360 than any other platform, including "competitive players".

Will you then still be PC only?

Just let me state, that just about every FPS fan that owns an xbox only will be buying this game...something to consider.

Last edited:

Minimaul

Hate Kill Destroy
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
What if UT3 on 360 sells like mad, and there are more people playing it overall on 360 than any other platform, including "competitive players".

Will you then still be PC only?

Just let me state, that just about every FPS fan that owns an xbox only will be buying this game...something to consider.

I know and I expect UT3 to do extremely well on the 360. It's a perfect game for that platform. But I don't play Xbox360 very much. I have two games one of which I play. If I ended up with UT3 on the 360 I would play it in a simple casual way. Just because there is a larger player count doesn't mean I want to switch. I don't really care for the XBL community that I've seen so far and I don't want to be a part of it.