XMP sooo much better than UT2K4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
Matter of fact I do think the unreal engine is used more.......AAO, all Unreal games, Raven Shield, Splinter Cell, Doom 3, er...... some others goto UDN site it has a long list there :lol:

Dead_Metal

Feb 13, 2004
excuse me - physics engine for Doom 3....sorry ma'am didn't mean to upset your panties (guyver)

Houdini-GG

I've been described as hot, videogames..
Dec 30, 2003
Colorado Springs
-stares at DeadMetal-
are u going to say one contributory statment to this thread?

i know ONS is chaotic right now, it also has depth that will come through once everything has calmed down on the servers. thats not hard to understand. i have not contradicted myself at anytime, i have only further explained my stance.
i think you have a personal vendetta out against anyone who doesnt play XMP. sorry, but for me, its not that great right now. I'm enjoying everything 2k4 has to offer. stop taking everything so personally. Besides, I have made many valid points, where you have not offered one single intelligible counterpoint or debate back. I told u that i like XMP however it think some things need to be changed, i explained in depth certain problems i found in the game, i also suggested reasons on why people arent playing anymore. Youre child-like attitude and personal insults do nothing for the XMP community. Thankfully there are still some class-acts out there in XMP - and that i had played XMP for a good while before ever running into people like you (or that one VE guy mentioned in another thread)
you ought to turn your angst and negative behavior on recruiting more people to play XMP, not unintelligently responding with wisecracks in a normal discussion. again, u have done nothing but pushed the XMP community backwards with your tone.

i have covered all the bases for both games (as far as i can judge 2k4 ONS for now). i feel as if i'm explaining myself to some juvenile who only wants to argue and never listen.
im done with this thread and talking to you.

Dead_Metal

Feb 13, 2004
Hmmm, you know that is a decent point (for once) but who is the one taking it personal? staying on what you state is bad about XMP and not figuring that XMP is meant to be like what it is so its not more like UT2k4....otherwise whats the need to play UT2k4? Sorry if I insulted you...I mean I was just merely pointing out the obvious.... like you pointed out how u back XMP and you have high hopes for it yet u nail it every time...I just find it very funny.....

oh yeah .....recruiting for XMP would be pointless....because ppl don't want to hear what they have already condemned

Dead_Metal

Feb 13, 2004
You didn't say anything about excessive.....I never played excessive X_X

=vD=Auron

XMP Beta Tester
Jan 22, 2004
I was so excited to play the ut2k4 demo. I loved ut99 and I liked ut2k3. So its done installing and all that and I load it up and play onslaught. My first game I wanted to boost jump so bad, but I couldn't. I felt like I couldn't even walk because I was so dang slow. I kept on pressing shift and jump but I kept on crouching.

The vehicles are cool, but there are WAY too many of them. I mean the second I attacked a node or whatever some dude would come flying in with his vehicle and I get owned because he runs over me. It is way too easy to run over people. I could run over a bunch before I got killed.

The weapons are the EXACT same as ut2k3 except for like 2 or 3 new ones that only have specific purposes. The returning weapons do all the same things and are even unbalanced. The rocket launcher in DM killed me one shot almost everytime. It came to the point that every person on the server was using the launcher. You can't get more unbalanced that.

Ut2k4 plays better than xmp, but the graphics suck. I think ut2k3's graphics are better. I put it on 1024x768 with all the highest details and they still sucked. It may be just the demo or something, but it still should have better graphics.

There was no teamplay at all in onslaught. I didn't see anywhere where actual teamplay was coordinated when I played. If you think going to a node and fragging people with other people is coordinated teamplay, then there is something wrong with you. I could also walk up and capture a node all by myself with nobody else, and I even killed the core all bymyself, in a 24 person game. I was a lone wolf and captured two nodes before I got killed. You will see real teamplay in xmp if you join a clan. I am in =vD= and we use coordinated teamwork and we each have certain positions that we play to contribute to the team. There are no positions to play in ut2k4 unless you count "node capture" "node defender" as eligible positions. In xmp there is arti defense, midfield D (energy, deploys, artifact carrier intercepters) and arti offense positions, not to mention that the classes enhance this as well.

Any n00b can play ut2k4 and be good at it. "Oh look at me I can run over people in a vehicle and shoot flak cannon or shock rifle secondary anwhere and kill people." Barely any skill is involved. In XMP there really is a big difference between skilled players and unskilled players. Compare Grasshopper to some random dude and you will see what I mean.

I think xmp is way better than ut2k4. It is deeper, funner, and a blast to play with others. Even if ut2k4 runs better and has better vehicles xmp still rules. Ut2k4 is still too much like ut2k3 to even consider it and the demo disappointed me so much.

=vÐ=Auron

-eVo:ApHeX-

XMP-Assault Creator
Feb 3, 2004
Location Location
www.gandy-gfx.co.uk
Both games have seperate styles of play, there's no facts here it's all opinion.

Rather than flame eachother come up with something constructive and point out both games good sides and reflect on them instead of saying

"Omg dumbass, 2k4 owns XMP any day" - Vice Versa

Status
Not open for further replies.