World of Tanks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Not sure what that is, but I've only played Tiers 1-6 so far; although, I should be getting a Tiger in a month or two. Awesome for you though!:) Is that the name you play under?

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
The ISU-152 is a Tier 8 Russian Tank Destroyer. The BL-10 is the Tier 10 gun that goes on it :) Has 286 standard shell penetration and causes an average 750 points of damage per shot. I go by BuADev in WoT.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
just in case you guys don't know yet, it's 3 free premium days weekend! Just win one battle and you get 3 free days of premium; it starts anytime this weekend and will extend past the weekend for 72 hours and it starts as soon as you win.!:)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Those bastards are about to nerf the only Tier VI tank I have (highest tier tank I have right now) with the 8.8 patch probably coming out in a couple weeks. I love my VK3601H, but after this nerf it will suck and I won't play it as often and my march to the Tiger will plummet to a crawl.:(

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Well, they nerfed the VK3601H, but I won't play it until they give or i buy at half-price my vents back. I did just barely buy the Tiger before 8.8 and it was buffed slightly, so I'll be playing it more now.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
WONTs - World Of Nerfed Tanks

They might as well call it this now because the only way the think they can get people to try new tanks is to nerf the tanks already in the game. The MarderII is getting a mostly nerf before the new German TD line comes out in 8.9 probably in about a couple weeks or so. You know the story on the British SPGs. They also felt a need to nerf the VK3601H before making it a heavy. Why don't they quit nerfing tanks and give us a free garage slot instead? At least we'll get one with the KV-1S split most likely in the 9.0 update.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Finally decided to slow down my tank playing in this game and try and get back to short map reviews. But now it's the holiday season, so we'll see how that really goes.;)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
8.11 is a nightmare for some!

Well, haven't played WOTs in about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks now and it looks like I may have taken a break none too soon. With the 8.11 update, this game seems to be getting worse and worse. Between the nerfed tanks and now the nerfed maps, it is getting fairly ridiculous.:(

http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/release_notes/

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/329772-update-811-coming-soon/

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/331486-811-bush-removal-and-ground-leveling/

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
WARNING!!! 9.0 is even worse...

...but in a different way. Do not install the update if you didn't yet. It is very buggy and lots of people are getting crashes to desktop pretty much at any time. They updated the graphics and it seems a lot of stuff is not optimized.:( Luckily, I didn't apply the patch yet and will not until some of this stuff is ironed out.

I don't even know if I'll be able to play on my 5-year old system, but my Win8.1 laptop shouldn't have problems. Time will tell. See Ya!

EDIT: ...and, apparently 9.0.1 update does not help much. I'm still waiting with my 8.11 for now and reviewing UT3 maps.;)

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I broke down and updated a couple weeks ago. It isn't all that bad and I didn't lose anything in my paranoia.;)

My 5-yr old WinXP computer can now only run the game in windowed-mode with XP blue lines at very top and bottom of my screen. I like playing it on this computer because it has more base sound for the shots than on my Asus ROG laptop. It's also now installed on the laptop and is running in native-mode with no problem.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Still getting the "not enough memory..." error on my WinXP computer, but instead of 12-16 battles in a row it only happens at 30-45 battles in a row. So, some small optimizing was done with one of the small updates to make my game better.:) Although, MM really needs some work (a Tier IV tank in a Tier VIII battle is rather lame).:( Personally, I think the battles should only spread between two adjacent tiers, but that's just me.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Looking at the new Wiki and anyone know what this means?

"Obscheboevaya" It's used for other things, but I've seen it describing one of the possible packages for KV-1S equipment.
http://wiki.wargaming.net/ru/Tank:KV-1s

- right-click and translate to English still doesn't work. _Lynx, do you know what it means? I'm thinking either "standard" or "most common".

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
This game is getting worse with every update it seems like. I'm seriously thinking about taking a 2-month break from it soon; of course, still checking for sales and stuff so I don't miss any of that....just no battles.