!!! WMP Contest Discussion !!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
searched for those strings in the *.uc and *.u files... no luck

but it seems you get those errors on maps anyways regardless of your weapon. so hopefully its not your fault :D if you are concerned, try swapping out your meshes for other ones, one by one. hunch says it might be a mesh problem.

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
Happy news: subclassed the Disruptor directly under weapon (instead of LinkGun) and changed those small green flames that are attached to players' bones from xEmitters to Emitters. Couldn't crash the game since then and I've already been playing 45 minutes...

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
Unlikely. That was my firts idea too, but even after leaving out the LinkGun code the game would still crash occasionally. I think the problem originates either from attaching several xEmitters to the same bone, or from the "if (!AttachToBone...) -> Destroy.xEmitter" paragraph, since the problem disappeared the moment I used the Emitters' native "Kill" function instead of the xEmitters' "Destroy".

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
This version should be bug free. It's a code-only version, so only useful to those I've sent the first beta with the new textures included. Just replace the old .int and .u file.

Attachments

• Disruptor_Betav02CodeOnly.zip
    311.8 KB · Views: 13

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Yup a special exec allright. but I would like permission that if several weapons uses execs, to change the names so they all use the same button.

soldat

resident potato
Oct 28, 2002
the corner pocket
Visit site
disruptor.... usually to destroy the xemitters you set mregen=false. this, coupled with the xemitter lifespan, ought to exterminate it. but if you fixed it, cool. i'll test it out.

also, do you hurt yourself when you fire disruptor primary blasts? not the explosion, but just by shooting? i think i killed myself that way. hmm.

parser, your underslinger sounds lethal... i like it!

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
Per se, it's possible. The Disruptor primary projectiles perform a constant HurtRadius every 0.1sec, so even a graze shot will hurt you slightly. But even with the speed combo activated you're too slow to actually hurt yourself with it. It is possible though, if you jump from a high spot, gather some falling speed and fire downwards.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Ok, I got it working. Just needed to turn the exec function into a simulated function then replicate it clientside. :)
If anyone else is having problems with their exec commands working clientside in netplay, do this:

[*]Turn exec function SpecialButton() into exec simulated function SpecialButton()

[*]Now add some server to client replication:

Code:
replication
{
  	reliable if ( Role < ROLE_Authority )
    		SpecialButton, bAlternateFire;
}

The bAlternateFire bool is just my toggle for switching between the two alt fire modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.