Why Are We Ignored!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Funk$tylz - Well said Brudda :tup:

For those of you who think I'm just kissin' Funky's butt: It tastes like chicken.
winkmoon.gif

dapngwnman

is a gamer
Mar 19, 2001
NYC
New inf versions should be like christmas presents
Don't know what they are till you get them

Thats what Free mods are based on IMO

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
I just hope the INF team realizes that all the bitching and complaining is only due to the fact that we love the game, and devote more time to it than would be considered healthy by most standards :D

Yeah...I guess this is how I feel too. I just feel so lost when people spend their time discussing and defending their ideas, good and bad, and no response is heard. Thats what these forums are for, right, getting ideas to the team? The lack of feedback where there once was some is just, well, a bit much.

Oh well. *sigh*

Yeah, some mod, please close this thread. Like some anonymous forumer said once, "The most important things in a thread are said in the first 20 posts. The rest is bickering." :(

edit: Fur, you're not helping! :D

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
I almost had time to read the whole thread, but this baby blew up quick. So I may be repeating what has already been said. I think if there was some sort of idea as to what is going to happen for INF in the near future, whether it be from a forum post, or news update, would keep suggestion traffic down. If people knew something was going to be fixed, they wouldn't have to keep meantioning it every week in a new thread. It also may help community mappers plan future maps. Maybe we're all spoiled from having warren weekly updates. It was nice though. I'm just sorta getting sick of seeing the same problems that are meantioned several times in threads, being carried from version to version with no clue of a fix, or if thats just the way it's going to be.
Jaymian

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
What is the problem with the Stupid Stupid drum thread ? I don't understand why it's a stupid thread sorry...explain !

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Originally posted by BrownCow
Can someone pinpoint the date and time when the CONSUMER suddenly got the idea that, since they PLAY the game they have a say in how it is made?! What happened to, play the game, like the game and play or dislike the game and find a new one? When did it become, play the game, dislike the game, go piss and moan about it to the creators and demand it be changed.

I don't get it.
Maybe we can have another view point. INFiltration is a unique project, and it has a good community. So you see, it is quite different. In fact we can say it is extra-ordinary!

Of course "go piss and moan about it" is not the way we should head for. That is bad.

The essence I want to point out lies in this sentence "play the game, like the game and play or dislike the game and find a new one." INFiltration provides another opportuniry! Even if you don't like it ( probably partly ), it is not necessary that you leave it and find a new one, because INF is always improving. Actually, I think it will be very regrettable if someone chooses to leave, because so far the team has very well demonstrated that INF is very promising -- it is a very good game, and it has a future. That's the reason why people stay. And those who care about this game give opinions in the forums.

True, not every thread is a good one. But we shouldn't negate the positive value of all the threads. There have also been so many good threads of discussion and knowledge sharing.

Feedback is a good thing. The existence of feedback does not mean the team should follow people's opinion. A suggestion is a suggestion -- to take it or not is absolutely determined by the team. The point here is a 2-way communication -- responses. Funkstylz also said the team values people's opinion. Since you do, why not respond?

Actually frequent responses can be very helpful. If people can know more of the team's official policies, meaningless and redundant suggestions can be greatly reduced, and thus the proportion of useful and effective discussions can be obviously raised.

If the team would like to more actively take advantage of interaction between the community and the team themselves, things would be much better.

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Although you can't see it, the INF Team forum is full of links to this one. When someone has an idea that is well presented, and appeals to the viewer, it's very often posted on our end with a title resembling: "Not a bad idea", or "What do you guys think?".

Then it's discussed, and more deeply than anything you'll see here (Remember that you guy share the benefit of having the whole "I wish" view point, as opposed to the "can we even do that" view point), and from that it's either taken on or dismissed.

You are not ignored, your often heeded, and your always...even if it's hard sometimes, appreciated. What you aren't as a whole, at least for me, are inspiring. Which is a damn shame, because that's all I used to do this for.

All in all, I think the points been made, so please let this thread die. But in the closing notes, let me just say:

Constructive critisism is always welcome.

Complaint's, rants, personal preferance that overshadows the whole, and dumb fu<i></i>cking cu<i></i>nt fu<i></i>cking heads are not.

It's pretty simple, it's a human trait known the whole world over...mostly, it's the age old saying: Don't bite the hand that feeds you...monkeypants!

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
To everyone else: This is enough. Thank you for your comments.

You are not ignored, your often heeded, and your always...even if it's hard sometimes, appreciated.

Funkstylz, This is what I wanted to hear from the very beginning, that we WERE being heard (although not exactly...close enough :D) and our ideas discussed.

Thank you.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
When a tree falls in the forrest and nobody hears it does it really fall?

Think this applies, combine that with NVA (New Version Anxiety :D) and you get this mess :)
Fortunately somebody did hear our tree fall so we can all sleep sound again.

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Originally posted by funkstylz
Don't bite the hand that feeds you
I can make up a story.

A mother has a child, Albert. The mother cooks food to feed him.

An evening, the mother was cooking delicious food in the kitchen as usual......

Albert came up and said to the mother, "Mom, the beef in today's lunch was a little insipid. Could you ...( blah blah skipped )...? And can I have less celery? Because I don't like celery. Thank you, Mom."

The mother looked at Albert for a while, said nothing, and went back to cook. Albert got confused and left.

---

What we've got today is similar. The story would be better if :

Albert came up and said to the mother, "Mom, the beef in today's lunch was a little insipid. Could you ...( blah blah skipped )...? And can I have less celery? Because I don't like celery. Thank you, Mom."

The mother said to Albert, "Oh, yes, we ran out of sauce yesterday. I have gone buy some today. No problem next time." The mother gave Albert a smile and continued, "Oh, you know, celery is healthy. It's good for you. Try to like it. Maybe you can tell me what flavor you like of it? Now go wash your hands and we're ready for dinner."

---

It is not a matter of being grateful or ungrateful. I believe that the majority of forumers are grateful, but it is not the point. The point is lack of 2-way communication. In the first story, maybe the mother had exactly the same thing in her mind as the second story, but the point is that she didn't say it!

In my humble opinion, if the team would like to find a way to have more conversations with the community, the whole project would be even better.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Yeah, well maybe Albert is an overweight kid who makes food inquiries every five minutes and his mom is sick of answering. :p

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Originally posted by DLL
Yeah, well maybe Albert is an overweight kid who makes food inquiries every five minutes and his mom is sick of answering. :p
Well... maybe... unfortunately you want to think in that way...

The story is merely a simplified example. You can get what I mean if you don't think that far.

---

A big difference is that a child is an individual, while a community consists a lot of individuals, old and new.

A lot of individuals means a lot of voices. A lot of voices means a tendency of chaos. Yes, it is hard. I am not saying it is not hard. That's why I suggest enlist some new team members specially in charge of this -- communicating with the community. Actually the wording can be even stronger -- educating the community.

Yeah, if Albert was a naughty child ( in my story he wasn't ), the mother could educate him, maybe gave him a big lesson. "Let it be" doesn't sound like a good way here.

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Originally posted by White_Lizard
Different flavors of celery?
:confused:
ewwwwwwwwww
OK, ok... it's I that am stupid to use some word which I don't understand...

But it's sad that you want to make fun of me while I am taking this thread and this issue very carefully and seriously.

Battosai

The Great Southern Thread Killer
Jun 6, 2001
Roaming
Did I call you stupid? No I didn't
Was I laughing at you? No I wasn't
My sick mind was just picture'in different flavor of celery. And I thought those pictures in me head were funny.
Try not to be so sensitive about every little comment. There not personal attacks agaist anyone. Atleast mine aren't.

[edit] my smiley was the wrong one. I wanted the confused.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
JamesT and Keg: Please don't take offense at my comments. While I do not agree with you, I understand your points. I was not trying to make any derogatory remarks about your point of view. I was only trying to keep the thread light-hearted while making my own point.