Why Are We Ignored!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
I partly agree with BrownCow. The team should do what they want.

But, the team still can respond to the community. These two things are not conflicting.

The team offering a route of feedback is a good thing. We should be grateful to this, but not negate its value.

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
spatthedummy.gif

JEBUS!

I'm speechless! I have no speech....

I'm going to go have a ciggy, and upon my return, attempt to reply <i>without</i> tearing asses open.

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by Keganator
Why would it be a problem for SOMEONE to respond to game problems and bug reports, instead of hiding behind a veil of secrecy?

Game Problems are opinionated.
Game Bugs are most likely known by the team when they release the build. Not every bug can get fixed by the time the team breaks down and releases a patch. I've seen them respond to bugs in the past which leads me to believe that 90% of the bugs reported are already known and do not require their recognision. Just assume that and everything should be fine.

ThunderChunky

L337 Cube H@X0®
Jul 1, 2000
/me sneaks in under the cover of darkness

/me grabs all the bug reports he can hold before everyone wakes up

/me runs off to to submit them to the Grand Poobah, Warren.

Battosai

The Great Southern Thread Killer
Jun 6, 2001
Roaming
Do not question sez way of the INF Godz. The work in mystrious ways like sante claws.;)

They see you when your sleepin.
They know when your awake.
They know if you been bad or good.

And the more time they have to spend answering questions.
The longer till the next release.
:morety:

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by Keganator
Game problems are opinions, but they are still problems.

I know what ya mean. But i don't think people should complain about the problems they have with the game. That is how the game is. I didn't complain about the scoreboard, i took action and made a new one. Much like what yurch does. That i have no problem with. But when players are bombarding the boards with "their version of how the game should be" i just wanna get home addresses and purchase some weapons.

Can someone pinpoint the date and time when the CONSUMER suddenly got the idea that, since they PLAY the game they have a say in how it is made?! What happened to, play the game, like the game and play or dislike the game and find a new one? When did it become, play the game, dislike the game, go piss and moan about it to the creators and demand it be changed.

I don't get it.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
OMG...I agree with BC!

Like I've said before, I want the team to aknowledge that there ARE problems, and they are working on solutions. The Suggestions Forum says, "Got a great idea for the next version of Infiltration? If its good, the team may follow up on it". People naturally, and have been encouraged by the team, to post their opinions on what should be changed. Ideas are always a good thing. They can then be weeded out by moderators and presented to Warren and the team. That is a good thing, saving the great Warren time.

I don't want to change INF. I want them to work at their own pace, with their own vision. I respect what they've done and continue to do with UT and the gaming community. But when there's problems, people discuss and argue over them, their suggestions are offered up to the team formally, and nothing happens, I feel they are cheating their community. If they won't follow up on them, at least say it.

Zach10k

The AeroMaggot
Apr 6, 2001
NY
Visit site
I just hope the INF team realizes that all the bitching and complaining is only due to the fact that we love the game, and devote more time to it than would be considered healthy by most standards:D

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
I propose a sticky thread on the top of NVS thats says:
If it isn't obvious,
If it hasn't been said before,
If we don't know about it,
Then feel free to post.

I think I am reaching borderline psycopathy with those "obvious" threads.

This is the team's game, and they are working hard on it. The "proccessed" by DarkBls is a good filter. Everything else should probobly be ignored.

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
I typed a big fat post in reply to the more stupid posts in this thread, but I couldn't keep it nice enough. So I'm just gonna say this.

- A bug is a problem, you not liking something is your personal preference.

- Your not shareholders, you don't pay our rent, so know your place in exactly what say you have in the development of <i>our</i> game.

- Our job is to work our asses off to give you a game to play for free. Your job is to play the game, and like or dislike it. After that if you wanna keep playing, great...if not, I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna loose sleep over it. You can't please everyone, even though we try our best to achieve just that.

Essentially...your opinions are important, and they are <b>very</b> often heeded, but we are not <b>obliged</b> to do anything about them. Warren can update once every six months if he want's, he can run around with his pants on his face if he wants (and he does), either way you have no right to expect anything from us.

When the only payment one can hope to get from work like this is compliments, but you seem to only get insults, it really makes you wonder why you fu<i><i/>cking bother.