What's wrong with my dad?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Was the check by the doctor any good? Fluid samples taken for testing, and so forth? If he's diabetic, for example, it will be harder to recover from an illness than if he was healthy.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
2...2...2 Dads in one!:) Seriously though, you need to get him to rule out not only some of the things mentioned in this thread, but anything it could possibly be that the experts can think of. Hope everything goes well.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
Generally coughs aren't a worry unless they last 14 days or more... Did she listen to his chest to see if there was any phlegm on the chest cavity/lungs? It might be a chest infection or as GeneralDurr said, pneumonia (though I think it'd be a lot worse if he did). It is a productive cough - bringing up mucus? Any discolouration? If he's not taking blood pressure medication I'd get a decongestant & cough expectorant to help thin the mucus and get it out more efficiently. Roubitoussin does one and I'm pretty certain you can get that IN AMERICA.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Generally coughs aren't a worry unless they last 14 days or more... Did she listen to his chest to see if there was any phlegm on the chest cavity/lungs? It might be a chest infection or as GeneralDurr said, pneumonia (though I think it'd be a lot worse if he did). It is a productive cough - bringing up mucus? Any discolouration? If he's not taking blood pressure medication I'd get a decongestant & cough expectorant to help thin the mucus and get it out more efficiently. Roubitoussin does one and I'm pretty certain you can get that IN AMERICA.

Just a dry cough. He said nothing wrong in his lungs. He lost his voice for like 5 days from all the coughing but his voice is getting better now.

Mar 6, 2004
Soooooooo......yeahhhhhh....it's been like 2 weeks and he says "I'm not going to get my results, if it was bad they would have called me by now". Ok, whatever then....

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Roubitoussin does one and I'm pretty certain you can get that IN AMERICA.
You have no effin' idea. Stupid kids doing this everywhere. :mad:
Soooooooo......yeahhhhhh....it's been like 2 weeks and he says "I'm not going to get my results, if it was bad they would have called me by now". Ok, whatever then....
Okay this is just me, but I'd be getting pissed now. Tell your dad to stop acting like a selfish hardass. Unless he has a legit reason like he really can't afford it or is one of those people who really want to heal only by natural causes, don't let him refuse medical attention so easily. A real man wouldn't be so selfish to put his family through such distress. If this truly upsets you, let him know. If he doesn't care that you care, then you have a real wiener for a father.

I don't know your dad and maybe he's incredibly unreasonable. Maybe it'd just turn into a lot of yelling. I just know I'd handle it pretty upfront.

Mar 6, 2004
You have no effin' idea. Stupid kids doing this everywhere. :mad:
Okay this is just me, but I'd be getting pissed now. Tell your dad to stop acting like a selfish hardass. Unless he has a legit reason like he really can't afford it or is one of those people who really want to heal only by natural causes, don't let him refuse medical attention so easily. A real man wouldn't be so selfish to put his family through such distress. If this truly upsets you, let him know. If he doesn't care that you care, then you have a real wiener for a father.

I don't know your dad and maybe he's incredibly unreasonable. Maybe it'd just turn into a lot of yelling. I just know I'd handle it pretty upfront.

He refuses. I told him today. He's been sleeping all day today instead of getting the results....i can't seem to get him to do it

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
My mom has aids from dirty needles. She's a junkie.
honestly, at this point i can't tell if you're joking

If you live with him, or near him, get him started on some garlic eating. 1 clove a day, ground up, whole, whatever, can help with heart disease and ED. It's the cheap way of helping when people have heart attacks or high cholesterol.
well I guess his breath wont matter if he has ED