What would happen if you shot a bullet from point blank range into Superman's eye?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Morety said:
And it was shot at point blank range. He could not dodge it. The bullet would strike his eyeball.
Even at point blank range the bullet would still have to travel down the barrel of the gun. Since Superman is faster he should be able to dodge it as he has the length of time the bullet is travelling down the barrel. Since kryptonite isn't the issue with the bullet I say even IF the bullet hit his eye it would probably come out his eye like he was crying bullets.

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
TossMonkey said:
One thing I always wondered is how his hair is as strong as steel and in the films they pass a massive weight which is being supported by a strand of his hair, how the hell did they cut his hair to do that?

I think he's meant to have taken it out.

I thought he sort of had a field surrounding him, so the bullet would just bounce right out again. OR even if that didn't happen, he could catch it with his super eyelid, fling it back at you with his super strength, but then catch it with his super speed before it hits you, because he is superman and...well, super.

DeDpoet|BuF

Only this, & nothing more...
Dec 6, 2001
Mularn
Visit site
MegaManInferno said:
Wait a sec, they auctually lick your eyeball?
Do they lick your eye when its open or closed?

eye is open. I'll be looking in a particular direction so as to make sure it's on the white part. girl leans over (sometimes on top) and gives a little swipe with the tip of her tongue. it's good family fun! and I use that figuratively, guys!

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Superman's invulnero-field actually extends some-way from his body.

That's why his clothes don't get vapourised when he does stupid stuff.

Aug 2, 2004
No thank you, I have enough problems as is... though I have 20/15 vision-I see from 20 feet away what a 20/20 person would see from 15 feet, its more amplified- beat that superman.

BinarySystem

Banned
Jun 10, 2004
Darth_Chaos said:
No thank you, I have enough problems as is... though I have 20/15 vision-I see from 20 feet away what a 20/20 person would see from 15 feet, its more amplified- beat that superman.

Err, just for the record, that also means that the minimum distance you have to be from an object to focus on it is increased. 20/15 isn't necessarily better than 20/20.

DeDpoet|BuF said:
I always wondered about when Superman knocked up Lois Lane. I mean a guy just can't control the muscle contractions going on, so the expulsion of his tadpoles of steel would basically be on par with a Barrett light fifty.
I'm no doctor, but I don't think that semen is expelled through muscular contraction per se. I believe it's more like a valve that opens - so super-strength would not apply in that case. ;)