What would happen if you shot a bullet from point blank range into Superman's eye?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
Morety's original question was about Superman's eye, not his eyeball. I figured he was asking about his red eye, in which case it would go right in and be crushed to fine dust by his anus of steel.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2004
Krypton would kill him so krypton bullet plus my hunting rifle with scope makes for a new superman series, superman sinped- mouring of the nerds.

BinarySystem

Banned
Jun 10, 2004
Witty said:
HES THE MAN OF STEEL! Man of steel implies steel continuity throughout. He's not the steel skinned man...

Indeed. His hair and fingernails are invulnerable too. He needed the combined heat vision of supergirl and super dog to give him a trim in one comic.

BinarySystem

Banned
Jun 10, 2004
Morety said:
So is his blood also made of steel? How tf would that work? I don't buy it.

He's not actually made of steel per se - but all parts of his body are invulnerable.

One might question that he would have difficulty with certain biological processes if all of his cells were invulnerable, but I doubt Superman's creator was a biologist...

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
One thing I always wondered is how his hair is as strong as steel and in the films they pass a massive weight which is being supported by a strand of his hair, how the hell did they cut his hair to do that? I don't think anybody owns a pair of kryptonite scissors... do they?

As for the eye thing I doubt that the bullet would do anything, some good points about him being faster than a speeding bullet.

Aug 2, 2004
Well if the shaft was right his eye and the bullet had either a kryptonite casing or core then it would deactive the invulnerability.

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
take a 45, put the barel on his eye, and shoot a krypton bullet.. end of story

and TM, they plucked his hair, not cut it

DeDpoet|BuF

Only this, & nothing more...
Dec 6, 2001
Mularn
Visit site
I always wondered about when Superman knocked up Lois Lane. I mean a guy just can't control the muscle contractions going on, so the expulsion of his tadpoles of steel would basically be on par with a Barrett light fifty.

edit:

A girl actually licked my eyeball before. On several occasions - it was kinda ... neat.

Last edited: