Welcome To A New America!!!!! (For the better even)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
In order to waste that much money, they would have to have had a guy standing in front of a fireplace with a bag full of $1000 bills (or bundles of hundreds, whichever is more hilarious for you). This man would have then had to throw almost 8 (actually 7.8) of these bundles into the fire, every second, for the entire quarter. Without a single instant of rest.

Haha crazy isn't it?

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
bullcrap...

You do realize that no democrat is considering ideas from the other side right?

Obama can go on about how he is bipartition but where the hell is that so called bipartisanship? The democrats idea of bipartisanship is that the opposition has to accept their ideas or else they go around spreading fear to the masses from one state to the next in something that can only be described as a fear campaign. Yeah what else do you call what Obama did for the stimulus? Its not that Repulicans aren't coming up with ideas its that the democrats aren't open to listening to them. You might have noticed that during the stimulus plan there was very little discussion at all before it was voted on. There is a reason for that.

Should I quote some of the bull**** that Democrats say in interviews when talking about opposition to their ideas like the stimulus or that awesome tax increase in California?

This is actually to both you and Luv_Studd.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I recall plenty of discussion and the point was that we can't spend the rest of our days undecided on the matter because something needs to happen quickly.

Some measures were taken that should have satisfied the right, as that is exactly what they were asking for.
Weren't they just whining about 100 billion overspent, and that's exactly what it was reduced by?
I don't know exactly if the dollars were subtracted from what programs or whatever, but isn't pretty much anything one party puts together fought against by the opposition?

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
You do realize that no democrat is considering ideas from the other side right?

Well neither side considers what the other wants when one is in power.

they go around spreading fear to the masses from one state to the next in something that can only be described as a fear campaign.
Sounds a lot like the last 8 years.

We disagree with your nation's goals? You're a rogue state.
We don't like where one of our citizens are sticking their noses? You're a terrorist or housing one or conspiring.
We have huge gaps in our national security and are running out of oil? Let's put out weekly, fruit-punch-colored warnings so that people want to go to war and and allow defense to encroach on privacy.

but I digress....

Yeah what else do you call what Obama did for the stimulus? Its not that Repulicans aren't coming up with ideas its that the democrats aren't open to listening to them. You might have noticed that during the stimulus plan there was very little discussion at all before it was voted on. There is a reason for that.
I don't disagree. The Dems are running away with this budget. Obama is only saying what he is advised of, and that is if we do nothing, things will be worse and if this fails, well hey we're f*cked anyhow. So we're doing this spending gig and you're along for the ride.
Neither side engages in the sort of discourse which would be much more healthy than the bickering.
American politics = bad joke.

Should I quote some of the bull**** that Democrats say in interviews when talking about opposition to their ideas like the stimulus or that awesome tax increase in California?
Won't be necessary. We essentially agree.

I'm just saying. There's no sound voice in the GOP nation right now.
Instead of just disagreeing all the time, they should continue to push their original ideas. The republicans talk of a failing party base that is being turned off by the state of affairs between both parties.
They need to stick to their guns and make people want to advocate for a better forum between the two sides.

Of course, the Obama team will just say "Hey, we went to the Right and tried to work with them on the tax cuts but they blew it off" and claim free range with the bill, as is what has happened.

Like I said.
American government.
turd.png

Last edited:

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
The democrats idea of bipartisanship is that the opposition has to accept their ideas or else they go around spreading fear to the masses from one state to the next in something that can only be described as a fear campaign.

...snip...

You really don't want to go there, but to make a really, really long retort short:

Replace "stimulus" with "war", "tax increase in California" with "torture of people detained without trail" and "democrat" with "republican".

Congratulations, you have just realized the ultimate futility of American politics: Both sides are retarded monkies flinging **** at each other. Each term is spent by the party in power trying to undo as much of the other party's previous ideas and shove through as much of their own as possible. This is the way it has been since 1776. This is the way it has been with every government consisting of more than one party since the dawn of organized government.

This is the way it will always be so long as politicians -- people who make a career and, indeed, a living out of politics -- exist: the objective of any politician is the same objective as any other worker in any other profession; to get a promotion and stay as high up the chain as possible.

The difference is that ordinary workers don't impact your life in the slightest. Politicians have the power, for some insane reason granted to them by everyone else, to dictate how your life is lived. Their decisions dramatically affect how you live. And they are no better than you are, they are no better than your neighbor, they are no better than that crack-addicted hobo down the street -- their crack just happens to be political power instead of cocaine.

We hope you enjoy your stay.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
The Republicans aren't the ones filtering this out to America, the Administration is through their action. Lending over a hundred billion dollars to AIG doesn't make the economic future look bright and rosy. If that is what it does for you, you need some serious help. The fact that he wants to spend trillions of dollars more to subsidize mortgages and raise taxes to pay for healthcare crap doesn't help either. Sorry, but that is just reality.

You can find lots of people who think that, what are you talking about? I personally don't care about REASONABLE bailout plans, but looking at how the government is handling AIG, I think it's safe to say that "reasonable" was thrown out the window a long time ago.

It will loo a heck of a lot better than dumping trillions of dollars into faltering companies THAT ARE THE VICTIMS OF THEIR OWN IRRESPONSIBILITY. For me and many Americans, $50,000 would more than pay off all of my outstanding debt, not including a house, and would prompt me to buy a car, a house, and spend money on something like a vacation. That would do a lot more for the average American than what the government is currently doing, and it would increase consumer spending because they wouldn't have any (or heavily reduced) debt.

Another thing the federal government could do is force credit reporting agencies to reset credit levels for struggling families so they feel like they can actually GET loans.

The problem isn't that money CAN'T flow through the economy right now, it's that fiscal irresponsibility with everyone from your neighbor to your boss to your boss's bank to your boss's bank's investors has made it nearly impossible to get money to spend anymore.

And I'm sure you're constantly reading things from both sides instead of whatever crap CNN decides to print, right? :shake:

A look at what AIG is:

http://useconomy.about.com/od/businesses/p/AIG.htm

Why Is AIG Important?:

AIG is so large that its demise would reach into every aspect of the economy. Even traditionally safe investments, such as the $3.6 trillion in money-market funds, have invested in AIG debt and securities. In addition, AIG is also a big insurer of some money-market instruments. Banks around the world are also major holders of AIG's debt.

In addition, AIG was a major seller of "credit-default swaps." These swaps insured the assets that supported corporate debt and mortgages. If AIG went bankrupt, it would force the banks that bought these swaps to take write-downs.

There's a lot of articles on why AIG is important... here's one:

http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2008/09/why_aig_matters_no_1_insurer_t.html

If you thought the collapse of Lehman Bros. was a big deal, experts say it's peanuts compared with what would have happened if American International Group went under.

AIG's reach is vast. Although it has a small presence in New Jersey, the company is the largest insurer in the world. If it were to fail, experts said, the effects would be felt from Wall Street to Main Street, and all the way to Europe and Asia.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I know why AIG is important, but guess what? That doesn't matter. The fact that the government is willingly dumping billions of TAXPAYER dollars into them doesn't really instill confidence in the financial sector, does it?

I'm sure your children and grandchildren will thank you for putting so much on their shoulders to correct something now that can't be fixed by government intervention. Sorry if you disagree, but the numbers speak for themselves. The government isn't making investors more confident, they are not making consumer more confident and they are not making money easier to "get".

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
I know if I voted for him I would feel betrayed and lied to.

After the elections I really wanted to put the partisan crap aside and give him a chance. I watched the inauguration with my son and told him that he was our new president. He's too young to really understand it, but for some reason I felt a need to at least try to explain it to him. Then, as the whole "stimulus" BS unraveled, I just couldn't believe what I was witnessing. I'm still completely amazed at all of this. Honestly, I'm not nearly concerned how it will affect me as it will my kids. I've pretty much "done it all" in my 39 yrs on this planet. This country has been a kick ass place to grow up in. I really don't see the same thing for my/our children unless there's some drastic "change" for the better. I'm really blown away by what's happened in this short period.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
[PSI]Snow White;2261336 said:
Do you still feel the same about the one? :lol:

Honestly? Given that both options would have been equally bad, I prefer Obama because he generates far more butthurt in the opposite side than McCain would have. He makes for better comedy, which is all US Presidents are good for in the first place.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
As I've explained earlier in this thread, I consider the violations of personal liberty that would have existed under McCain to be as bad or worse than the violations of economic liberty under Obama. They both want to control your life, just different aspects of it.

Edit: And What Hal said. Remember, Republicans, 40% of earmarks in new Omnibus bill, etc. They're all bad, on both sides of the aisle.

Last edited:

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
@hal: maybe, but I seriously doubt it would be this amount of extreme and blatant waste on our children's dime. Again, in the debate(s?) he said he would immediately buy up the bad mortgages, which is what Obama should have done.

@KW: yea, the republicans really need to get their **** together or they'll provide no reason to vote in some checks and balances. 3rd party in genesis?

Status
Not open for further replies.