US defaults next week what does everyone think?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
do you hear yourself?
this is why political discourse in this country is fucking broken right now.
people like you saying ignorant bullshit like that.
yea, it's more productive to call ppl teabaggers. :rolleyes:

it's fine if you don't agree with this president's policy.
but why do you have to say things like "he doesn't understand America" ??
disagree with Obama all you want, but stop acting like he doesn't care about America, or that he's anti-American, or unpatriotic or something.
umm perhaps because he doesn't like our constitution and he's on record as saying so? you can spin it all you like but he doesn't like the fact the federal government is supposed to play a hands-off role. it IS that simple.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002

What?

attachment.php

Attachments

• halo-halo-tea-bagging-reach-wars-demotivational-poster-1281860462.jpg
    halo-halo-tea-bagging-reach-wars-demotivational-poster-1281860462.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 61

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
umm perhaps because he doesn't like our constitution and he's on record as saying so? you can spin it all you like but he doesn't like the fact the federal government is supposed to play a hands-off role. it IS that simple.

If the suggestion that the federal government is "supposed" to play a hands-off role is that simple, then why is there the 200+ year debate still going on? The fact of the matter is that it isn't that simple. I could argue that one of the events during this debate, the Civil War, supports the cause of a more involved government.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
name calling is such a petty crime.
but tell you what. I'll stop calling them "Tea Baggers" when they stop calling Obama the "chosen one" and calling the health care bill "Obamacare."

deal?
deal.
are you daft?
look who's doing the spin!

just because the president doesn't think the constitution goes far enough in a particular direction (just like every president before him) doesn't mean he's anit-constitution. just because he said he isn't entirely pleased with it doesn't mean that he hates it or hates the country or something. that's really some Fox News type shit.

it's an asinine insinuation and you sound like an ass for repeating it.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006

YEAH, because the framers of the constitution NEVER WANTED IT TO CHANGE. EVER. Also, why would someone not like that blacks aren't people and women are barely above them. HOW DARE SOMEONE WANT MORE? If you think the constitution should change to adapt the shifting needs of an increasingly complicated and technologically advanced society, you obviously hate America.

Notice here that I'm ignoring the fact that the idea that the founding fathers did, in fact, want the Federal Gvt to play a role (though obviously some wanted more, some wanted less), which was one of the most important changes from the Articles of Confederation, a POS document that many in the teaparty would practically piss themselves in joy over.

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
you guys are a hoot :lol:

YEAH, because the framers of the constitution NEVER WANTED IT TO CHANGE. EVER.
yea, they knew it needed to change to adapt to times and needs, but they never, ever wanted it to be top down style government. you can spin it all you want, but anyone that's read what they said for what it is, not what they want it to be, knows it

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Where did I make some grand claim that Obama hates America?

Fucking commucons, you're all going to be our ruination. See, I can make up dumbass words too.

. Oh, and more dots......................................................

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
calling the health care bill "Obamacare."
What? Even Democrats are calling it "Obamacare" so how would this make you stop calling people teabaggers? The usage of the term is really comical to me, because the person doing the teabagging is, effectually, the winner. Maybe you should start calling them teabagees :p

Also, the fact that left-wing psychopaths are the ones that started using the term really helps your point that you are not all about partisanship :con:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
it's fine if you don't agree with this president's policy.
but why do you have to say things like "he doesn't understand America" ??
disagree with Obama all you want, but stop acting like he doesn't care about America, or that he's anti-American, or unpatriotic or something.

You are putting words in his mouth. Never said that Obama is anti-american, or doesn't care about America. He said that Obama doesn't understand America. I would tend to agree. I really don't think he understands how this diverse country really works, and it makes him an ineffective leader.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
This Space For Rent. Please Don't Disturb The Current Occupants

LOL.
You folks are still debating about make believe money, and the ponzi schemes all the banks have been doing.

Hmmmm.
I think I will work for 2 days next week and buy 4 acres of land in Alaska.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
you don't get it.

I was making the point that such name calling is extremely petty and it's stupid for Kiff or you or TWD or anyone else to get upset and hold up the discussion just because I used the phrase "tea baggers." you fags have done it three times now. you stop and act like you're so offended that I would call them that... as if they deserve to be taken seriously :rolleyes:
He said that Obama doesn't understand America. I would tend to agree.
you also don't get it.
no surprise there...

Crotale used the same passive-aggressive attacks on Obama's character (as opposed to the issues) as the other loony tunes on Fox News and conservative radio. he didn't say "Obama fails to understand the American economy" or "Obama fails to understand fiscal policy" or anything like that. he said "Obama fails to understand America" and then Kiff implied that he hates the constitution.

in spite of being false, those are retarded statements to make.
plain and simple.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I was making the point that such name calling is extremely petty

Maybe you should just start practicing what you preach? Once again you have started to devolve into uncalled for insults.

you also don't get it.
no surprise there...

Crotale used the same passive-aggressive attacks on Obama's character (as opposed to the issues) as the other loony tunes on Fox News and conservative radio. he didn't say "Obama fails to understand the American economy" or "Obama fails to understand fiscal policy" or anything like that. he said "Obama fails to understand America" and then Kiff implied that he hates the constitution.

This doesn't change the fact that your initial statement is demonstrably false. You claim that Crotale said "Obama hates America". He didn't. His post is more than clear.

Where did I make some grand claim that Obama hates America?

Last edited:

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
you don't get it.

I was making the point that such name calling is extremely petty and it's stupid for Kiff or you or TWD or anyone else to get upset and hold up the discussion just because I used the phrase "tea baggers." you fags have done it three times now. you stop and act like you're so offended that I would call them that... as if they deserve to be taken seriously :rolleyes:
honestly I don't think it upsets anyone. it just makes you a hypocrite when you complain that nobody's acting like an adult and then proceed to unload all the left-wing insults of the week.

sorry jacks but you're the one that sounds like you're a writer for msnbc

hates the constitution? not sure if hates is a good choice of words, but I can certainly say, as he has, he doesn't like the restrictions it puts on him and the federal government. he wants "positive rights" from the feds, not "negative rights" as it was intended. again, they made the constitution amendable to adapt to the times, but it was never intended to be a collectivist society or top-down government. the most power was always intended to start at the individual and decrease at it goes up, leaving the top to just protect natural rights. he, as many on the left (and yes some on the right), want to "fundamentally" change that. use whatever rhetoric you like, but that's the truth

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
you don't get it.

:lol: Why would I be offended about it? I don't identify with the tea party and never will, but it does seem petty of you to discount a group of people that are concerned about the direction of the country and trying to do something about it. I certainly think they have the right to voice their concerns even if I disagree with them.

Also, I'm not trying to hold up the discussion. I had nothing to add to anything other than that point.