Two words: Not Guilty

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
that's probably the stupidest post I've ever seen you make. ever.

How do you figure? It was pretty obvious that, had Martin and Zimmerman never met, Martin would probably have grown up to be a drug dealer and violent offender. He was already well on his way down that path before he met Zimmerman. There is tons of evidence from his past history in Miami to support this claim. Use Google if you don't believe me, it's all public record. And stop listening to CNN for fuck's sake :D

My only point here is that Trayvon Martin was not even close to being the perfect poster child his parents and the media made him out to be. Witnesses confirmed that he attacked George Zimmerman with no actual provocation (it's not provocation to walk towards a suspicious-looking individual with the intention of asking them what they're doing in your neighborhood) and Zimmerman defended himself accordingly.

If Zimmerman didn't have the gun I bet he'd be the guy in the morgue, and nobody would have cared because it's never a big deal when a black person kills a white person. Martin would have gone to jail and taxpayers would have been paying his prison housing fees for the next 5-10. Let's be perfectly honest here - Trayvon Martin was black and George Zimmerman looks like a white guy; that is the only reason anyone (excluding the families) cares about this case.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I don't watch CNN, sorry.

you seem pretty darn sure that this teenager was going to grow up to be a murderous drug dealer. it doesn't seem "obvious" to me. I know a lot of kids who sold pot in high school and got in fights. most of them are NOT criminals today. so tell me Ed, how did you learn to see into the future and predict such specific outcomes? it must be quite a powerful responsibility to wield that kind of foresight. I didn't realize the US criminal justice system was predicated on our ability to predict the future... :rolleyes:

my only point here is that nobody wins.
one young man is dead.
another young man's life is essentially ruined; forever tainted by the responsibility (and ultimately the threats) that will follow him for the rest of his days.

who is the winner in this situation?
I don't really care who's "side" you were on. there's no touchdown dance to be had. there's no celebration to take part in.

the fact that you revel in this verdict and say things like "G to the Z provided society with the valuable service of removing him" is sick. your elation and joy at this verdict - just like all the Nancy Grace style cunts who followed the trial 24/7 - is sickening. the fact that you or anyone else would take any joy in this verdict is testament to your relative immaturity and utter superficiality.

it's sick.
I've just lost a lot of respect for you.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
So, DarkED, for any potential drug dealer, violent, offender, etc, you recommend putting them down by vigilante wannabe cops before they potentially do the things you think they would do?

Talk about guilty before being proven innocent... I recommend putting down the Minority Report. I wouldn't want you to "protect" my neighborhood.

Also there is a lot of talk about "if he didn't have a gun, he would be dead." That goes with the assumption that Zimmerman would have approached Martin regardless of how well-armed either party is. I'm no psychologist, but I would certainly believe that having a gun on ones person would give that person a false sense of security and bravado which can result in a situation like this. And you can't say the same with jail (if this wasn't about race, of course) for Trayvon if Zimmerman was the dead one. Zimmerman's side of the story would be lost, and it would only be Trayvon's own testimony that would be heard.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
WTF? George Zimmerman doesn't look at all like a "white guy". He looks hispanic if he looks like anything (and indeed he is half white, half latino).

Also, to everyone saying this makes the justice system look like a farce, WHAT??????????????????????? This statement is almost as ridiculous as DarkEd's statement. This makes the justice system look like it functions properly.

Did Martin need to die? No, of course not. Could the situation have been avoided? Probably yes. However, the situation happened and nobody is entirely blameless. The question is can the prosecution prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was a crazed maniac that was a wannabe cop and shot the kid in cold blood. The answer to that question today is, no.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
OMG STFU on this already!!! It's bad enough that we have heard about it constantly for the past several weeks, but now it's being discussed here too?

Stop the insanity!!!

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
OMG STFU on this already!!! It's bad enough that we have heard about it constantly for the past several weeks, but now it's being discussed here too?

Stop the insanity!!!

Word.

These trials become so televised and talked about, that I just stop caring and hope they go away. Trials shouldn't be allowed on TV.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I don't ...

So, DarkED ...

I was pretty pissed off about the race card being pulled in this trial when I made those posts yesterday, and I said some things I didn't really mean. It's a shitty situation all around but it bothers me on a human level when things that look relatively cut and dry (like this trial) blow up into something much more complicated because one guy was this color and the other guy was that color.

You're both right, of course - there are no winners here. That's all I can say about it.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Florida nonsense doesn't surprise me. Dexter has been getting away with murder for years.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
Florida nonsense doesn't surprise me. Dexter has been getting away with murder for years.

nooooooo
how could he?
Dexters-Lab-tv-01.jpg

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I was pretty pissed off about the race card being pulled in this trial when I made those posts yesterday, and I said some things I didn't really mean. It's a shitty situation all around but it bothers me on a human level when things that look relatively cut and dry (like this trial) blow up into something much more complicated because one guy was this color and the other guy was that color.

You're both right, of course - there are no winners here. That's all I can say about it.
fair enough.

your original 2 replies were extremely callous and shallow.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I'll just post this here since nobody has yet.
[M]http://youtu.be/2sL2f0PoqME[/M]

Real talk if I've ever seen it.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
things that look relatively cut and dry (like this trial) blow up into something much more complicated because one guy was this color and the other guy was that color

Nope.

As the story goes, Zimmerman saw Trayvon not hurting anyone, grabbed his gun and started following him. As far as I'm concerned the story ends there; that's all I need to know. He made a catastrophically stupid decision that resulted in the death of a teenager. We should at least be talking about recklessness.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Nope.

As the story goes, Zimmerman saw Trayvon not hurting anyone, grabbed his gun and started following him. As far as I'm concerned the story ends there; that's all I need to know. He made a catastrophically stupid decision that resulted in the death of a teenager. We should at least be talking about recklessness.

I'm no longer angry about this so I think I can talk about it with a level head :D

Sorry, but that's actually where the story begins, not where it ends. The fact that Zimmerman got out of his truck isn't really relevant to the case, especially when you consider the fact that witnesses testified they saw Martin peeping in random windows as he passed by various houses. That neighborhood had been experiencing problems with robbery and theft. Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch and he was well within his right to investigate when he saw an unfamiliar individual; in fact, it was his duty to investigate.

Should he have called the cops and kept driving? Probably. Was he frustrated with the local police's inability to be effective in that neighborhood? Almost certainly, according to testimony.

It got out of hand when Martin attacked Zimmerman and started slamming his head on the concrete. At that point Zimmerman shot Martin and may have taken it too far, but again, he was within his legal right to use deadly force to defend his own life. Even the jurors are saying they truly believed Zimmerman feared for his life during the assault (I heard it in the interview CNN did with one of the jurors earlier today.)

Aside from the events themselves, let's talk about background.

All accounts of Zimmerman before the shooting showed him to be a stand-up decent guy. Many people have come out and said that he was always a very helpful and nice individual. The jurors have also apparently said that, based on testimony from friends and neighbors, they did not believe the prosecution's play about Zimmerman being an out of control 'wannabe vigilante cop.' It was simply a legal tactic based on hearsay that was used in an attempt to discredit Zimmerman.

On the other hand, accounts of Martin before the shooting show that he was not such a stand-up guy. He had problems in school including fighting and dealing drugs. He had also been in trouble for sending aggressive/threatening texts. All of this is public record, not media speculation. There are now reports that stolen property was found inside his locker but I can't confirm that. The content of his social media (public photos of himself posing with guns, doing drugs, etc.) don't help my perception of what kind of person he was.

All of these things are relevant to the case whether you like it or not because they establish the character and credibility of the parties involved.

It's sad that Martin is dead. I wouldn't necessarily call it a tragedy because his own actions are ultimately what lead to his death. Instead of peeping in windows of random houses and acting in a suspicious manner, he could have just went home. Instead of running away/hiding/attacking when Zimmerman was approaching him, he could have simply stopped walking and said "hey man, can I help you?" Instead, he chose to take the aggressive route and attacked Zimmerman. That is the only relevant piece of information. People speculate that he ran because he knew Zimmerman had a gun, and Zimmerman said he tried to grab the gun, but there was no evidence (neither DNA/fingerprints on the gun itself nor eye-witness accounts) to support either claim.

As has been said before, they both could have just gone home and none of this would have happened. But they didn't, and here we are :(

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com

Just disregard those posts, I was being an ignorant dick.

Untrue. it was Zimmerman that claimed he was peeking in windows. Not a single other witness confirmed this.

Ah. I was aware at least one other witness had corroborated that claim but I guess I was wrong.

Still, it was 3 in the morning and he saw someone he'd never seen before walking through his neighborhood and cutting through people's yards. This was the kind of guy that knew all of his neighbors and it was the kind of community where robbery and theft had become a problem.

I can't blame him for stopping to investigate. We don't live in the best neighborhood here, we do the same thing and our neighbors do too. We watch out for each other because robbery and theft are a problem here. And, of course, we're armed; not outside of our property because North Carolina has Castle Doctrine law, not Stand Your Ground law. But if some random guy is cutting through my yard at 3am, I ask him what the hell he's doing, and he physically attacks me, damn right I am going to shoot him.

Last edited: