this should speed up healthcare reform???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
"Liberals" were not the ones who created the term 'teabaggers.'

You can't separate them based on the context, so it was simply liberal bottle juice.

No. Crotale assumed that when Jacks was talking of the protesters, he was labeling all who disagree with Obama racists. Jacks was only calling some of those in the protest racist (or to say, an aspect of the nature that these protests erupted is likely because of racism).

Within the context of the discussion, it appears they are one and they same

Is that a new justification for assumptions?

Within the context of the discussion I am a communist.

Yes, when it forces ME to obtain/maintain a certain level of health coverage as deemed appropriate by the Federal government, then yeah, it affects my Constitutional rights.

Public option? No. Public Option is as constitutional as mail being delivered to your house.

Congress' plan? yes. But I am not arguing for Congress' plan. I would much prefer Obama's. Many people here seem against congresses plan, but are labeling it as Obama's plan. Obama had a much different vision. Obama also has less influence from lobbyists (which I think we can agree, is one of the underlying problems with our legislative branch), but Obama is not the legislature.

Ideally I believe Congress should write a reform bill, while forcing the states to write their own healthcare legislation, or face something silly like loosing highway funds or something. States can do very good with direction.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006

Who cares who created it. Its is how it used that matters.

No. Crotale assumed that when Jacks was talking of the protesters, he was labeling all who disagree with Obama racists. Jacks was only calling some of those in the protest racist (or to say, an aspect of the nature that these protests erupted is likely because of racism).

When you mean some you say "some" and word in a way that gives the impression you mean some.

Obama also has less influence from lobbyists (which I think we can agree, is one of the underlying problems with our legislative branch)

Less influence from lobbyists is a very good way of putting it. :lol:

Ideally I believe Congress should write a reform bill, while forcing the states to write their own healthcare legislation, or face something silly like loosing highway funds or something. States can do very good with direction.

This right here tells the story of what is wrong with you.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
This thread is full of logic and well made arguments. I am glad I haven't wasted my life at all reading through it. Good stuff.

~Jason

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Homosexuals didn't coin the term "gay", either. So what's your point?
Except there is no factual basis behind that. Racists + Protest != Racist Protest.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Soros gave cash to organizations like MoveOn.org, but where is the nationwide creation, promotion, & coordination of anti-Bush protest?

Dude are you kidding me? Soros is largely responsible for the entire Liberal internet complex. Yeah you don't see them coordinating nationwide protests. Instead you see it EVERY DAY on Digg, The Huffington Post, Moveon, thinkprogress, and practically every other corner of the internet. Soros and his Ilk have played a pivitol role in one of the largest political power shifts in US history. Don't kid yourself. The teabaggers are small timers compared to guys like Soros.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here

Jacks clearly said he was referring to the teabaggers, which is what anyone who disagrees with the tea parties calls those who attend these protests.

Public option? No. Public Option is as constitutional as mail being delivered to your house.
That is and has been one of the most ignorant arguments in these discussions. The US Post Office was created long ago when it was not necessarily economically feasible for mail to be transported across the country, especially at the rate of population growth and geographic expansion. Today, we have other commercial methods that are just as efficient, if not more so, than the USPS.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
That is and has been one of the most ignorant arguments in these discussions. The US Post Office was created long ago when it was not necessarily economically feasible for mail to be transported across the country, especially at the rate of population growth and geographic expansion. Today, we have other commercial methods that are just as efficient, if not more so, than the USPS.

Not to mention Article I, Section 8, Clause 7:
"To establish Post Offices and post Roads;"

Anyone else celebrating Lysander Spooner's Birthday today? No? ;)

The American Letter Mail Company was started by Lysander Spooner in 1844, competing with the legal monopoly of the United States Post Office (USPO) (now the USPS) in violation of the Private Express Statutes. It succeeded in delivering mail for lower prices, but the U.S. Government challenged Spooner with legal measures, eventually forcing him to cease operations in 1851

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Not to mention Article I, Section 8, Clause 7:
"To establish Post Offices and post Roads;"

Anyone else celebrating Lysander Spooner's Birthday today? No? ;)
Again, the USPS was established due to a growing population. There was no private entity likely to be able to provide the service. It made perfect sense for the government to take on this responsibility for the people.

To argue that public health care for all falls under the same premise as the Post Office is ludicrous. The framers of the Constitution were careful not to override the individual's right to control of their own person, as long as that control does not impede the rights/freedoms of another citizen.

Spooner's vision made him a sort of a pioneer for FedEX, UPS ,etc. It was interesting that the government drove him out of business because it could not handle competition. And some folks think it highly unreasonable for the "teabaggers" to claim the same thing regarding government run health care.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Dude are you kidding me? Soros is largely responsible for the entire Liberal internet complex. Yeah you don't see them coordinating nationwide protests. Instead you see it EVERY DAY on Digg, The Huffington Post, Moveon, thinkprogress, and practically every other corner of the internet. Soros and his Ilk have played a pivitol role in one of the largest political power shifts in US history. Don't kid yourself. The teabaggers are small timers compared to guys like Soros.

You overestimate the reach of the internet on the common populace. Half a dozen web-sites does not a movement make. Even if they had an impact, the hundreds of far right websites, the dozens and dozen of radical right-wing radio programs, and a major cable news network that is really 90% right-wing opinion easily offset them. The last major election went the way it did because the people were sick of "politics as usual". In the next major election it will flip back the other way for the same exact reason, and then in the election cycle after that it will flip again, and again and again. ad infinitum....

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2006
You overestimate the reach of the internet on the common populace. Half a dozen web-sites does not a movement make. Even if they had an impact, the hundreds of far right websites, the dozens and dozen of radical right-wing radio programs, and a major cable news network that is really 90% right-wing opinion easily offset them. The last major election went the way it did because the people were sick of "politics as usual". In the next major election it will flip back the other way for the same exact reason, and then in the election cycle after that it will flip again, and again and again. ad infinitum....

Those "hundreds of far right websites" (I'm assuming by "far right" you mean people who believe that the USG should make some pretense in abiding by the Constitution) are typically run by individuals. The "left" on the other hand, typically has fewer but larger community sites. The last time I saw any data, on the whole the US left-wing was bigger (I forget the metric, traffic?) than the US right on the internet. This wasn't true in the early 90s but a concerted effort by people like Soros in building sites like DailyKos, Huffington Post, and others turned that around.

And the harping on talk radio and Fox News as some kind of counterbalance is just pathetic in the face of overwhelming cultural/media biases.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk

I think you have things backwards. There are a few dozen Republican websites, and hundreds if not thousands of liberal websites. They also have a complete stranglehold on all the major social news sites (digg, reddit, mixx, etc). It is the single largest organized cause on the internet bar none. We're talking about something that has spread to every tiny corner of the internet, even here. When these guys decide to push a certain message you can bet it's not more than a day before I see people here starting to parrot the talking points.

Sure Republicans have their own offset with cable and talk radio. That's what their demographic likes. However, you can't pass off the entire liberal complex as insignificant. It's just as influential if not more so than Fox news and the like. They certainly control a more powerful medium at least.

Last edited:

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
..but you can't vehemently bash Americans....

15-1.gif

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Crotale said:
Again, the USPS was established due to a growing population. There was no private entity likely to be able to provide the service. It made perfect sense for the government to take on this responsibility for the people.
It's the same with the Amtrak high speed trains project, I guess. Too risky and capital intensive for the private sector

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
Soros gave cash to organizations like MoveOn.org, but where is the nationwide creation, promotion, & coordination of anti-Bush protest?

It would (and does) take an army of investigative staff to track all of his money, but I know it soaks in quite extensively through pretty much anything liberal and/or democratic. I'm not saying this as an accusation, just pointing out that he's the power behind a TON of what that side does.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Clearly, the fact you resort to calling them names puts you at the same level you accuse them of operating at.
the term tea-baggers does not help you guys.
:lol:

wow you guys don't get it.
"tea baggers" is how these people referred to themselves originally.
it wasn't until the news networks started making jokes about it that they all realized "tea bagging" means something different than what they intended.

besides, I will call them whatever the hell I want to call them until they stop letting people into their rallies with signs like this:
teapartypic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.