Stuff you just bought thread V2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
im pretty sure i beat dotnetbeast at least with this:
60596_439458609488500_518033885_n.jpg

You did. I have to get better before I go all out.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
[SCREENSHOT]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14555592/IMG_20131128_181050.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

and i went even further into music pretentiousism

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
You did. I have to get better before I go all out.
pretty sweet purchase. I've been playing guitar since 12 so I doubt Rocksmith could do anything for me, but I know some people who use it and really love it. for whatever reason they're picking up more technique than they ever got out of paying for lessons with an actual instructor somewhere.

is this the first time you've ever played guitar?
have you played a stringed instrument before?

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
pretty sweet purchase. I've been playing guitar since 12 so I doubt Rocksmith could do anything for me, but I know some people who use it and really love it. for whatever reason they're picking up more technique than they ever got out of paying for lessons with an actual instructor somewhere.

is this the first time you've ever played guitar?
have you played a stringed instrument before?

I played Acoustic years ago. Years.

Its taking some time to get used to. I'm not a fan of using a pick honestly.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
You play the same songs, but yeah, it teaches you to play bass too. If you set up your profile saying you are playing bass, it will give you bass lessons, bass notes, etc. If you don't have a bass, you can use a guitar and simulate a bass using just the first four strings.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Nice! What engine?

258-cubic-inch(4.2L) straight 6 on a 3.73 ratio axle. All original to the jeep and seem to be in good running order despite it's age and mileage.

Going to give it full tune-up including all new hoses, belts, etc. Needs a top and doors for some reason to make the insurance company happy(gonna have to be bikini/half doors atm because $). It was shag carpeted (spew) which did exactly as 1 would expect - rusted underneath it. So I am gonna remove said rust and bed liner the interior floor/bed.

Brakes need bled. Body needs painted. Passenger side front fender needs replaced as do all fender flares. Head lights/tail lights need replaced. Bumpers need straightened for now gonna replace with tube eventually.

Cost me $1200 cash.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
You play the same songs, but yeah, it teaches you to play bass too. If you set up your profile saying you are playing bass, it will give you bass lessons, bass notes, etc. If you don't have a bass, you can use a guitar and simulate a bass using just the first four strings.

Since you play it as well, let me ask. Any tips to getting your fret hand adjusted? Seems like I'm stuck on that Sliding 101 lesson.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
I bought work. Lots of it. Thankfully everything except the heater core is done. pic was summer years ago and it's getting cold now.

Attachments

• mecha.JPG
    mecha.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 18

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
[GU]elmur_fud;2601201 said:
258-cubic-inch(4.2L) straight 6 on a 3.73 ratio axle. All original to the jeep and seem to be in good running order despite it's age and mileage.

Going to give it full tune-up including all new hoses, belts, etc. Needs a top and doors for some reason to make the insurance company happy(gonna have to be bikini/half doors atm because $). It was shag carpeted (spew) which did exactly as 1 would expect - rusted underneath it. So I am gonna remove said rust and bed liner the interior floor/bed.

Ouch. That's the plus side to my '95; the entirety of the frame and body are galvanized, so even in situations like that it's not easy to rust.

[GU]elmur_fud;2601201 said:
Brakes need bled. Body needs painted. Passenger side front fender needs replaced as do all fender flares. Head lights/tail lights need replaced. Bumpers need straightened for now gonna replace with tube eventually.

Cost me $1200 cash.

Nice price. And it's a Jeep, all of the stuff it needs is dirt-cheap (except paint, of course.)

You can find everything you will EVER need for that beast at Quadratec.

I bought work. Lots of it. Thankfully everything except the heater core is done. pic was summer years ago and it's getting cold now.

Heater cores are pretty easy if you can get to them. Just drain the radiator and swap em out (I'd replace the hoses too if you can.) But again, getting to them is the trick. On some cars it's impossible to access the core without ripping out the entire dashboard and all the plastics that go with it, and on some cars that's an all-day job :(

Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Ouch. That's the plus side to my '95; the entirety of the frame and body are galvanized, so even in situations like that it's not easy to rust.
I know autobody already (though last time I did any was mid 90's) so it shouldn't be a problem. Though I found some spots on the body were simple dimple dents in large flat surfaces were bondo'd in and painted over... Not enough facepalmage in the world for spending the money and time to fill a dent that can be fixed in 2 seconds with a rubber mallet.

Nice price. And it's a Jeep, all of the stuff it needs is dirt-cheap (except paint, of course.)

The paint shouldn't be that bad. Less then the cost of a soft top actually. Though that is because I am doing it myself. It's gonna be flat black with a matte air can finish so doable without a paint room.

You can find everything you will EVER need for that beast at Quadratec.

I've been shopping there and here - http://www.jeep4x4center.com/ ...the pricing is about the same most of the time. Sometimes cheaper sometimes more expensive. Also they have slightly different product selections, so by shopping both I get a wider range to choose from.

Heater cores are pretty easy if you can get to them. Just drain the radiator and swap em out (I'd replace the hoses too if you can.) But again, getting to them is the trick. On some cars it's impossible to access the core without ripping out the entire dashboard and all the plastics that go with it, and on some cars that's an all-day job :(

Never buy a late 90's Pontiac Grand prix. The heater core requires more hassle to get to then the value of the vehicle.

There are allot of those in this area for sale atm...

Hated the 2012 Chevy Cruze so got this ...
Definitely an upgrade. I prefer Chevy over Ford personally but their low-to-mid line-up blows atm Quality/perf wise.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Chaser A71 Full Tower
[screenshot]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Zs6VDIXmL._SL1000_.jpg[/screenshot]
Comes stock with 4 fans (3x 200mm: top side front, 1x 120mm rear fan) and a dust filter. 5 3.5" bays and 3 5.25" bays. Two of the fans are exhaust, two of the fans are intake. Comes with a docking bay on the top for drives.

i5 4670 k
19-116-899-TS