Sarah Palin's Email Hacked

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
She won't help the US for one second.

Come on!

She might well be a moose-shooting creationist but to compare her to Adolf Hitler (in any respect) is going too far. I don't see how you can justify the comparison.

First rule of e-mail: Never write anything in an e-mail that you wouldn't be willing to shout across a crowded street.

Such a hard rule to live by... :(

I was using deliberate exaggeration to emphasise my point.

Either way, people like Palin are high on the list of people you do not want running the US. People like her are very likely to make the rest of the world hate the US more than it already does. Keep God out of politics. You were created as a secular nation based on ideals of freedom, try to keep it that way. We like you a whole lot more when you do.

As for her hunting, I just used that as a vaguely comedic counterpoint to the whole creationist thing. I have no issue with hunting.

I'd be perfectly prepared to call her a moose-shooting creationist fascist to her face. Although in the current political climate of the US, I'd probably get arrested...

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Huh? Look, brief history: awhile ago some reporter asks McCain something offhanded about computers, McCain says he knows nothing and doesn't use them, attention is called to those comments by major news outlets (and a mass of liberal bloggers, I would imagine), they're repeated in an Obama ad, McCain surrogates/operatives respond to the ad—not by extolling any of his tech policies and comparing them with Obama's, but by playing the War Hero card.

That's not assumption, that's what happened.

You are still making a big assumption, and I don't think you fully understand what that is so I will again go back to square one:

Fine and good. Now, assuming they wish to convince reasonably intelligent people that this is true, we must demand more detail as to what exactly physically prevents him from operating a keyboard, mouse, or any input device at his disposal. All the while, people far more disabled than McCain seem to get on just fine, all things considered, or at least certainly more than nothing.

Until that detail is provided, the claim of disability remains unsubstantiated, and in all truthfulness, amounts to no more than a slippery rebuttal that shamelessly exploits guilt in an attempt to preemptively shake off all criticism of McCain's apparent technophobia, and yet another example of this war-hero "trump card" being clumsily swung about like a blunt weapon. You yourself did it as well as anyone, fwiw, but ... come on, surely we all can do better.

You are essentially claiming that this is a complete fabrication because no details have been provided. You claim that Obama said something in an advertisement, and so McCain then just made this up in rebuttal.

The truth however is that McCain did not make this up, and in fact his campaign tried to be quiet about the issue. The only reason anybody knew that McCain couldn't type due to war injuries was due to a Boston Globe Article posted back in 2000!

http://graphics.boston.com/news/politics/campaign2000/news/McCain_character_loyal_to_a_fault+.shtml

It wasn't until this article was first noticed by Drudge, and then passed around the internet for 3 days until the McCain campaign actually said anything.

You can question it all you want, but the instant someone actually decides to do any research your entire assertion goes down the tubes.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Since when was that a prerequisite for this forum?:lol:

Everyone else is acting like a retard, so I will too!
emot-v.gif

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
You can question it all you want, but the instant someone actually decides to do any research your entire assertion goes down the tubes.
I'm still waiting. What's stopping anyone?

Look, without resorting to backhanded insults to the other person's comprehension, let me state the issue another way:

If I were an official GOP mouthpiece sent out to fill camera time on cable news shows, and had been tasked with countering the Obama campaign's "can't send email" ads, I would come armed with a lot more than a blanket and generic "war injuries". First, I'd provide details: for example (I'm totally making this up), "the Senator is unable to pronate the forearm to a typing position without enduring considerable pain." Something like that at least sounds plausible. And then second, as I already stated, I'd make sure to extol McCain's appreciation for technology, his commitment to furthering its development, and the critical place it holds in our future. Rather than going straight to the heart of Obama's assertion like this, however, for whatever reason the McCain campaign essentially stopped at "War Hero".

I'm starting to have to repeat myself, so if you want more I must refer you to earlier posts, but the apparently elusive point is, the instant that someone actually reports any real research beyond citing generic "war injuries"—i.e., provides a plausible explanation as to what part of Sen. McCain's injuries have prevented him from having utilized a computer to any appreciable degree, or at all, until recently, reportedly—I will be completely satisfied and grateful to such an intrepid reporter.

That's not an unfair nor unreasonable demand at all. It's called due diligence, and you and all of us would be wise to apply it as forcefully to our own party as we do to the other.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Well that's not going to happen because:

1. The media already feels that it did all of it's research back when it first published the story in 200.
  2. The McCain camp will never say anything because they're not the ones really pushing the story in the first place.
  3. There's probably not a whole lot of details to be had. He was beaten and as a result he has less muscle control in his hands. I don't think there's a whole lot of anything really interesting beyond what we've already been provided.
  4. The story is already out of the news cycle.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well, again, that's just not enough.

And I've already given an example of what I wish his campaign would have said in response to this particular "issue du jour".

Well now you're changing what you've said. It looks to me like you're now wishing he'd said it differently. In the quote below, you're demanding more detail about his physical state before you'll grant him pardon from your accusation of "playing the Hero Card"

TWD seems to have explained where the story originated, so I'll leave it at that.

Fine and good. Now, assuming they wish to convince reasonably intelligent people that this is true, we must demand more detail as to what exactly physically prevents him from operating a keyboard, mouse, or any input device at his disposal. All the while, people far more disabled than McCain seem to get on just fine, all things considered, or at least certainly more than nothing.

Until that detail is provided, the claim of disability remains unsubstantiated, and in all truthfulness, amounts to no more than a slippery rebuttal that shamelessly exploits guilt in an attempt to preemptively shake off all criticism of McCain's apparent technophobia, and yet another example of this war-hero "trump card" being clumsily swung about like a blunt weapon.

I didn't spin anything I only said what I knew to be true: that he left his wife years after her injuries. I even stated that I hadn't heard anything about him leaving his wife because she was crippled. Your link seems to have disproven Sammael's suggestion that he left her for that reason.

Everyone else is acting like a retard, so I will too!
emot-v.gif

I like that smilie.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
McCain's probably wears diapers.

I don't see why people are making such a big deal about this. All those warrantless wiretaps the gov't loves so much are pretty much the same thing.

But I guess as average citizens we don't have a right to privacy while gov't workers do...?

Was this post serious or just a joke? Did you forget the sarcasm smiley??? :lol:

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
Well now you're changing what you've said. It looks to me like you're now wishing he'd said it differently. In the quote below, you're demanding more detail about his physical state before you'll grant him pardon from your accusation of "playing the Hero Card"
Whoa, way wrong.

In that quote below I demanded more detail about his physical state, et cetera ad nauseum. In their rebuttals, his campaign did not provide said detail at all. Ergo, I am now and have always been wishing they had stated their rebuttals differently—i.e. something more substantial, more savvy to the crux of Obama's assertion, that John McCain is out of touch with technology.

Where did I budge even an inch in what I said previously?

Now if TWD is correct, as I suspect he is, and we've already heard the last of it, then that in itself says quite a lot, I'm afraid ... and we can only go forth and form our conclusions from there.

Your link seems to have disproven Sammael's suggestion that he left her for that reason.
Yes, quite possibly, depending on your interpretation. His first wife did go out of her way to discredit the idea that either of the couple's injuries or his prolonged absence precipitated their falling out. Instead she seemed to attribute it simply to the extramarital womanizing and numerous affairs brought on by what would appear to have been the mid-life crisis of a 40-year-old man.

UndeadRoadkill

Mar 26, 2001
I didn't spin anything I only said what I knew to be true: that he left his wife years after her injuries. I even stated that I hadn't heard anything about him leaving his wife because she was crippled. Your link seems to have disproven Sammael's suggestion that he left her for that reason.

It has not! Do you suppose he's going to go on record saying, "yeah, I finally had to ditch Carol. She was a cripple, man. Couldn't fit into any of my favorite wild sex positions anymore. I had enough." Maybe he started sleeping around because his crippled wife didn't do it for him, and was just a reminder of how damn old he was getting.

Are you really trying to say him leaving years after the accident is disproves it? Like nobody has ever stuck around in a relationship they weren't happy with longer than they should have, until they finally got fed up and broke it off? Come on, Hal!

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
If I may play the conspiracy theorist card for a moment, does anyone else think this whole thing is a Rove-like ploy to drum up sympathy for Palin and/or discussion of increased need for government to take a more prevalent role in internet law and security?

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
If I may play the conspiracy theorist card for a moment, does anyone else think this whole thing is a Rove-like ploy to drum up sympathy for Palin and/or discussion of increased need for government to take a more prevalent role in internet law and security?

It's always possible when something like this gets heavy media coverage.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It has not! Do you suppose he's going to go on record saying, "yeah, I finally had to ditch Carol. She was a cripple, man. Couldn't fit into any of my favorite wild sex positions anymore. I had enough." Maybe he started sleeping around because his crippled wife didn't do it for him, and was just a reminder of how damn old he was getting.

Are you really trying to say him leaving years after the accident is disproves it? Like nobody has ever stuck around in a relationship they weren't happy with longer than they should have, until they finally got fed up and broke it off? Come on, Hal!

Well, gosh, you mean his wife saying he didn't leave her because of her disability isn't good enough for you? You'd prefer to believe something else despite one of the two people in the whole world who would know the correct answer has made a statement to the contrary? Have at it.

Where did I budge even an inch in what I said previously?

Now if TWD is correct, as I suspect he is, and we've already heard the last of it, then that in itself says quite a lot, I'm afraid ... and we can only go forth and form our conclusions from there.

Okay, so you still want proof that his injuries have discouraged him from using a keyboard. I thought you had dropped the proof demand and had instead settled on wishing that they'd countered the charges with a better explanation.

However, in light of the explanation that TWD gave, I think we can safely toss out the notion that McCain was playing the "War-Hero" card.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Personally I think that McCain is purposely trying to hide or downplay these war injuries because of the scrutiny that Dems are putting on his overall health. To be honest I don't think I've ever seen McCain himself mention it. The best I've seen is campaign aids, and we all know how dumb they can be sometimes.

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
Okay, so you still want proof that his injuries have discouraged him from using a keyboard. I thought you had dropped the proof demand and had instead settled on wishing that they'd countered the charges with a better explanation.

However, in light of the explanation that TWD gave, I think we can safely toss out the notion that McCain was playing the "War-Hero" card.
I've said all along that a plausible explanation would suffice, even giving an example of what one might be, if for no other reason than to preclude the possibility that their response even could be construed as playing the War Hero card. "Proof" is a mischaracterization.

Anyway, if you're content to take campaign operatives at their word, if the little they've offered by way of excuse and a passing old-news blurb are sufficient to convince you that McCain deserves exemption from taking measures to familiarize himself with technology (that is of course, until just recently, as we're told) ... then that's that.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I've said all along that a plausible explanation would suffice, even giving an example of what one might be, if for no other reason than to preclude the possibility that their response even could be construed as playing the War Hero card. "Proof" is a mischaracterization.

That article from 2000 establishes that his war injuries prevent him from using a keyboard, thus negating the charges that OMG WAR HERO is not "playing a card". Yet you require further detail?

Proof is a mischaracterization?
In your own words:
The call was for substantiation.
Substantiate: to establish by proof or competent evidence

You have every right to want a candidate that is in tune with technology, if that's what is important to you. But statements like he "doesn't want to learn", that he knows "virtually nothing about it on a personal level", and that "he doesn't have to answer your criticisms" are complete fabrications and demanding that he respond to them is ridiculous.

UndeadRoadkill

Mar 26, 2001
Well, gosh, you mean his wife saying he didn't leave her because of her disability isn't good enough for you? You'd prefer to believe something else despite one of the two people in the whole world who would know the correct answer has made a statement to the contrary? Have at it.

Do you really believe everything people say? As if it weren't possible for someone to say something that wasn't necessarily true, especially on a subject so personal as a divorce?