Review Discussion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Ok, I`ve got some new ideas :D

First of all there should only be reply posts with another review. eg when there is a review concerning the UC2-Skinpack with 25 replies, we should have 26 diffrent reviews!
And not 10 guys saying that review is great, 5 saying it sucks, 10 having smalltalk, and another one hijacking the thread with a totally offtopic thing (eg a request).

For that purpose we could ad a (sticky) Discussion thread, were all ppl can discuss the reviews there (and only there).

I think the reviews should stay clean and professional, so I will delete all my other posts @ the reviews

Maybe we should kill that polls too -> if there are more than one review for a skin/model/whatever they are pretty useless IMO

And Sad, now we have that forum, can you please kill the "Review"-part in my headlines? ;) Or can I do it, by simply changeing? Gonna try it out :lol:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Nalicity , review like

Not a bad idea. But you must keep in mind that a "map" and a skin are completely different. Altought, everything have it's own manual and point of view. A map is big and have alot of detail , so there is a good book to whrite for it. While a skin is a texture on a model. It can be reviewed, but it won't be whrited the same way as nalicity.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I do think you're right, MäxX in that the poll should reflect the skin/model and not the review as that makes no sense. I would however keep the poll as not everyone's gonna' post a review. It's better for an overall (moderated) impression of the skin/model. Also anyone adding comments should at least score it themselves and say why it's gotten a different score from them (like I did with Exile II CTF4). Discussion sounds good too if you want to start a general review discussion thread and talk to yourself until someone joins in :lol:

Klasnic on Atari said:
I've been cloned! :con:
Click here for proof :lol:

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I`ve changed my reviews to the "new style" but I didn`t take all infos (didn`t want to spam :lol: )

scores are also changed

EDIT:

2 klasnics are better than one :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

UTGirl

Link(gun) Lady
klasnic said:
omg :eek:

MäxX said:
For that purpose we could ad a (sticky) Discussion thread, were all ppl can discuss the reviews there (and only there).
Just move this thread, rename it to SkinCity Review Discussion Thread (or something else) and make this the discussion thread :)

It all started here.....a long, long time ago :lol:

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
klasnic said:
....in that the poll should reflect the skin/model and not the review as that makes no sense
You`re right, we should rename all the polls to "What do you think of this skin/model/whatever".
Is that possible?

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
MäxX said:
And Sad, now we have that forum, can you please kill the "Review"-part in my headlines? ;) Or can I do it, by simply changeing?

Moved and renamed.

UTGirl said:
Just move this thread, rename it to SkinCity Review Discussion Thread (or something else) and make this the discussion thread
See above :)

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
thx :clap:

EDIT:
hm, they are still called Review - UT2004 - ...., maybe it`s my cache *g* gonna empty it

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
than thx again and again:clap:

;)

btw, the "old" scores have also been updated to fit to the system the others used :p

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Turret 49 said:
I've seen that guy a bit around there ;)

Maybe it's my bad self :lol:

MäxX said:
2 klasnics are better than one :lol:

Unless I start talking to myself. Maybe I should make my own character for the Clone Bandits mod and start taking over :lol:

& MäxX you forgot the poll in the latest review (again) :eek: :clap:

I made sure I didn't in mine (was sweating thinking I'd forget). I still think generally the scores are too high though. I'm not being strict and 7.75 for Hide's model is a very good score in my books.

When you get used to rating maps and seeing how other ppl rate them you soon realise how things are rated - eventually it's like second nature - that's why I like MapRaider so much it's honest :tup:

Still watching to see how things develop though ;)

[EDIT] @ SaD maybe you should change the name from list of skinreviews to list of reviews - just a thought ;)

Last edited: