Review Discussion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
SaD said:
Edit : grrrr , can´t remove the vote .

a vicious circle, we`ll get over it *g*

EDIT:
Another good option would be including infos, if the skin works online too

Last edited by a moderator:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Good layout and review on the first, MäxX (well done) but I'm unsure as to whether the posts should be closed. Maybe we need to think more about how it's done... If a skin/model's been reviewed shouldn't other users be able to give their input in the same post? Otherwise anyone can just say such a skin is 100% without getting other ppl's opinions or getting a more fair overall review. It's useless if we can't vote on the review or add our own comments.

Another thing to consider is that ppl who like e.g., nightmare skins are of course going to review them. Is the skin itself being reviewed or the nightmare character? That's what I meant by community moderated reviews so there are no biased reviews.

Oh I'm gettin' a pain in me head :lol: anyone else want to add anything or comment on what I've said?

Last edited:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I shouldn't imagine that'd be a problem, Starry Might once they're not models ported from another game in which case we can't really promote them since they break the EULA... Besides there may be a few good ones SaD's missed :eek: which can later be put on SkinCity with permission from the authors :D

I'd imagine that's what the almighty SaD will say ;)

Last edited:

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
Starry Might said:
Ah, okay. :)

EDIT: Is it okay to review skins and models that are only downloadable at other sites?

Sure , why not .
But I point to Klasnic post .Only skins and models without breaking the EULA e.g. no conversions from other games to the UT-Series.

Klasnic said:
I'd imagine that's what the almighty SaD will say
Yep :)

Klasnic said:
If a skin/model's been reviewed shouldn't other users be able to give their input in the same post? Otherwise anyone can just say such a skin is 100% without getting other ppl's opinions or getting a more fair overall review. It's useless if we can't vote on the review or add our own comments.

Good point Klasnic.I reopen the thread.Let´s see which way it goes.I will delete Spam strictly in the review-threads.

Last edited:

Starry Might

bFemale=True
SaD said:
Sure , why not .
But I point to Klasnic post .Only skins and models without breaking the EULA e.g. no conversions from other games to the UT-Series.
Cool. :)

Anyway, I'm thinking that maybe we SHOULD have a subforum for reviews, just so that "General and Off Topic" isn't clogged with review topics. ;)

EDIT: Another question...should I completely copy the review style of MäxX (his "Exile II (CTF4 version)" review is quite nice), or can I do my own thing (albeit with some cues taken from the afortmentioned review)?

Last edited:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I do like the layout in MäxX's it's very professional looking and tidy but I guess you can add to it (e.g., is the skin/model online compatible or are there issues, is it available in SP, if it's for 2k4 does it have vehicle animations missing) That kinda thing should be mentioned too if it's relevant. I'd never have imagined a portrait and bio getting a score but who knows where we'll end up?

We might just see different things added by different ppl 'til we get some kind of default format, Starry ;)

@ SaD I'll keep an eye out for spam too :D

[EDIT] oh I'd also recommend that ppl only rate stuff they've actually tried and not just the pic :tup:

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I`m with you guys (and girls :p)

There can be many info added, it was only a first try, let it call a beta :lol:

Obviously we shouldn`t lock the reviews, since there might be further important infos ;)

bios and portraits are worth a scoring, but they shouldn`t affect the final score too much IMO ;)

vehicle anims for custom models are definitaly a must have info, but I didn`t include it, due it`s not a custom model :)

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
MäxX it looks like you're the only one doing the reviewing :lol: You forgot to post a poll on your second. I'll have to check out the skin 'case I don't have that one :tup:

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
Starry Might said:
Anyway, I'm thinking that maybe we SHOULD have a subforum for reviews, just so that "General and Off Topic" isn't clogged with review topics. ;)
I like the idea of the subforum , but let us wait how much reviews will be done in the next time.I don´t want to order a subforum and we have 5 reviews at the end.

EDIT: Another question...should I completely copy the review style of MäxX (his "Exile II (CTF4 version)" review is quite nice), or can I do my own thing (albeit with some cues taken from the afortmentioned review)?

You can do your own thing , if you want , but I think MäxX scheme is great.

Klasnic said:
@ SaD I'll keep an eye out for spam too
:2thumb:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
klasnic said:
MäxX it looks like you're the only one doing the reviewing :lol: You forgot to post a poll on your second. I'll have to check out the skin 'case I don't have that one :tup:

about review:
I`m just a pioneer :lol: hopefully there will be more!

*tries to encourage Starry*
*tschakkaaaa,you can make it*
*:lol:*

about poll:
I know I was way too fast and forgot it, but I wasn`t able to ad one via EDIT :(

EDIT:
Due I can`t test if the skins are working online, if problems occour please add a comment :)

@klas again:
good idea linking the reviews in the BuF-favorites thread, I was thinking of this too ;)

UTGirl

Link(gun) Lady
²Starry: I`d say we try some diffrent things until we have the best one, but the reviews should be all in one typical style in the end(exspecially the scoring sys)

²Klas: I prefer reading reviews to writing them :D

²MäxX: You forgot the poll? Too bad, maybe it can be included afterwards, that`s a good idea I think.
Instead of posting the usual "You`re review sucks"-crap, ppl simply vote and keep the review clean (....to keep clean, oh I like that phrase....I`m NOT meaning the housework, pals :lol: )

²SaD: I agree, when the reviews are spamming (I don`t eman the thing to eat :p) the GaOT section, there should be a new sub made. Let`s see in which direction this "new trend" goes :p

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
SaD said:
Yes .Looks more professional IMO.

done

btw, I`ve readded Leena`s review, with poll this time.

sorry for making extra work :(

EDIT:
I think there should also be a link to the author`s profile or HP :)

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
MäxX said:
done

btw, I`ve readded Leena`s review, with poll this time.

sorry for making extra work :(

EDIT:
I think there should also be a link to the author`s profile or HP :)

I deleted the first one and added this to the list.

Author´s profile or HP is good and should be mentioned in the review.