Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Peaceful Warrior-5/10

Based on the book I just read recently, the movie story doesn't hold a candle to the depth and power of the story in the book. Not even close.

While it had a few interesting moments translating the book to the screen didn't work well.

6830df59bad8b882b4e4e044d3283a90a370fefc25b96e818fa919293ce81ba3.jpg

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
51P9SyxeHCL._AC_SY580_.jpg
morbius-the-living-vampire-20271.jpg

Morbius-7/10

Yeah; it's a vampire story and I think Leto did a good job in the role. But I can only give it a 7 out of 10 because:

From a plot point of view if you take Spiderman and Hulk origin stories and add liberal sprinklings of Dr Strange and Venom you are probably getting this plot.

Worth the price of admission though.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
max1602234641-front-cover.jpg

Long Strange Trip: The Untold Story of the Grateful Dead-10/10

I'm giving this a ten because I'm a fan of the band and this documentary does what it says on the box. It's great that it doesn't try to be a chronological history; only sort of.

Each chapter deals with the history of the band through different aspects of the culture within and around the band and fits the chronology around that.

Groovy............

979b992c331f7fe9bc8091085be3d921.jpg

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness-7/10

I wasn't expecting much more from this flick than what I got. It lived up to the Dr Strange comics and I always enjoyed the way this character is a pay-off to Mandrake the Magician.

The experience would have been better if I had gone to another cinema as this one in the city had the most uncomfortable seats ever.... made airline seats seem comfortable.....

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Near dark - I loved it

I don't know how I missed out on this one, but thank you Redlettermedia for letting me know of this gem.
Not like any "vampire" movie you'll ever watch. It's just so much more interesting and creative.
Good story, wonderfull cast, excellent ambience/photography. Bill paxton is like a mean hudson on speed in this movie;

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
David Byrne's American Utopia-10/10

Great arrangements, great performances, great band. It was great revisiting these songs through this show. I was sceptical before I watched this but captivated by the show.

6cad0083-3462-11eb-bfcb-0242ac190201.jpg

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Thor Love and Thunder-6/10

This is not my favourite Thor movie. It's very much a Tika Waititi flick and I actually think he wandered away from the Marvel Thor playbook quite a bit in places. It had some humour but even that got a bit lost in the plot.

I would have given it a 7 except for the use of Guns and Roses music in the soundtrack. That, for me, is a deal breaker as Axl Rose does, and always did, suck arse and I don't need to hear his weak mewlings ruining a Marvel flick.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Punisher - dirty laundry

I don't know how I missed this. Short ten minute movie. It works really, really well. I like it more than the movie.
Thomas Jane performed well as the punisher. I appreciate and like his take on this morose/dark figure.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever-5/10

Too long and too slow. Too much exposition and not enough action. The story really didn't get traction or sell itself well....

Basically this flick seems to be an excuse for the fact that the black Panther actor Chadwick Boseman died before they could get a second film out of him. At least that's the way it seems to me. Sure they get to bring back some original cast members but.......

MV5BNTM4NjIxNmEtYWE5NS00NDczLTkyNWQtYThhNmQyZGQzMjM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Reactions: cUnNiNg_StUnTs

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Planes, trains and automobiles

Oh man, I hadn't watched this in ages and it felt so good. Steve Martin and John Candy were perfect together. What synergy and chemistry!
It features solid (over)acting, a decent story (bit sentimental but never really crossing the line - like home alone did)
and strange comedy moments (uncle buck turning into a devil).
And it's the first time I noticed the boom mic. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Hm, that's minus 10 billion points. And I was going to give this movie a 9 out of 10.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Death wish 1974 - 6/10

Well, Charles Bronson reall yhas a wide range of emotions. I really connected with his lust and satisfaction for revenge.
I mean, the way his bloodlust was fueled by the cowboy theater and the gun nut.
Well, let's just go out on the streets and shoot the bad people. Throw up after the first killl and I gues after that it's back to being a robot.
I dread to watch the second movie.
I did watch dw3, but that was a lon, long time ago. Regretably not in a galaxy fart away.
And should I watch the 2018 version? Should I really?

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Avatar: The Way of Water (3D)-10/10

If you liked the first movie your going to get more of the same with mind-blowing visuals; absolutely stunning.

As for story, if you where into the first flick.... well I'm not giving anything away.

Ten out of ten for being Avatar; love it or hate it.

s-l1600.jpg

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Die hard 10/10

One of the few movies I rate as practically perfect. I guess there are always points to criticize a movie on, but in my book this movie
hits all the right notes. The action, the story, the characters and their arc, the music and photography. The way the cast carries the movie.
The dialogue. and the tone. You just know how to feel all the way through. And you don't get bored at all. At least I didn't. Even the christmas stuff isn't sentimental or in your face. It's there in the background and it fills in a nice part.
Solid flick.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Avatar: The Way of Water (3D)-10/10

If you liked the first movie your going to get more of the same with mind-blowing visuals; absolutely stunning.

As for story, if you where into the first flick.... well I'm not giving anything away.

Ten out of ten for being Avatar; love it or hate it.

s-l1600.jpg
Saw this a second time in 3D and it was as good if not better on the second run. For anyone who's into the first movie it doesn't disappoint at all.