Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Men In Black 3 - 4/10

The same film you saw in MIB 1 & 2 basically with a....
....travel back in time thing going on
Will Smith looks exactly the same as he did 10 years ago - dude never seems to age a day.

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
Prometheus - 6.5/10

I love the first 2 Alien films, the third one is also OK and with Ridley Scott back as director I couldn't be more stoked, plus the trailer looked awesome!

Unfortunately the movie itself was pretty boring, the landscapes were boring and the story did not live up to my expectations. Now don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad but not nearly as good as I had hoped

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Prometheus 4/10

Disappointing.

As you would expect of a Ridley Scott film, this is very fine looking and it is well-played by the cast but the good news stops there.

Serious spoilers below so look away now

Several scenes are retreads of the original but the real problem is an incoherent script. We are expected to believe that a trillion dollar expedition is crewed by an ill-briefed, ill-trained uncooperative and (mostly) incompetent set of misfits.

The plot is mostly a Alien version of 2001 but has little to add. The shoe-horning of the requirements of that plot to meet the visual look of the original is unconvincing.

The contrived ending (a ship with enough fuel for a circa 60LY journey ought to rate a slightly bigger explosion) is just icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Iron Sky - 4/10

Silly, crappy and (supposedly) satirical comedy about nazis still on the moon and about to launch an all out attack on earth.
The story is ridiculous but some of the steampunky art direction is actually quite well realized.
Anyone giving this a higher score is going to get a boot up their arse.

Iron Sky 5/10

I think I'm pretty safe here in Canada, Lruce.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
The Man From Nowhere - 8.5/10

More Korean mastery at its finest. I'll say it again, Koreans tend to make some f*cked up and violent movies, and I LOVE IT.

For those who will never watch it, check out this scene. THIS is how you do a fight scene.

SPOILERS!!

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UCm-jfywfk[/M]

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
The Man From Nowhere - 8.5/10

More Korean mastery at its finest. I'll say it again, Koreans tend to make some f*cked up and violent movies, and I LOVE IT.

For those who will never watch it, check out this scene. THIS is how you do a fight scene.

SPOILERS!!

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UCm-jfywfk[/M]

Hmm if stabbing people sounded like squishing tomatoes like it does there I would do it every freaking day.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Prometheus - 8/10

An excellent film marred perhaps only by some weaker script writing and leaning far too heavily on Alien, attempting to recreate or mirror key scenes from its predecessor, but make them slightly different.

Prometheus for the record is not a prequel, but it's great in that it both answers a lot of questions about the Alien universe, and creates twice as many new ones.

Prometheus-7/10

I agree with the above but I'm giving it less for the plot holes.

As a visual experience it's pretty immersive............ looks great in 3D.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Interesting stuff when you consider some of it in the context of the name of the movie.....
I direct your attention to questions 3 & 8. :)

An object lesson in the film industry's attitude of "just make s*** up; cool is always better than even a veneer of plausibility".

Ruined what could have been an interesting (if derivative) idea but they were too lazy to get the script right. That sort of sloppiness might pass muster in a B-movie but if you want your "big idea" movie to be taken seriously then you need to produce a script that doesn't look as though it had been written by overachieving ten year-old.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Prometheus-7/10

I agree with the above but I'm giving it less for the plot holes.

As a visual experience it's pretty immersive............ looks great in 3D.

After having just got back from seeing the movie I have to say I noticed no glaring plotholes. What were you referring to exactly? Contrary to what others believe, I firmly think this is a prequel. The ending demonstrates that pretty perfectly.