Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Drive
9/10

This movie is just awesome. Really good use of tension building. Shouldn't say more about this movie because the greatest part of it is not knowing what happens.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
7/10
Plenty to nitpick with the story/plot/details but overall was still pretty darn good. Worth the watch, I definitely went wide-eyed at a few points. Loved the soundtrack too.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Damnation alley: 5/10

What a weird movie. It doesn't really seem to be going anywhere but nowhere, and when they finally get there it's nothing of any interest. Surrealistic sub par movie with an extremely weak wtf ending. Well, at least the tank looked kinda cool.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
7/10
Plenty to nitpick with the story/plot/details but overall was still pretty darn good. Worth the watch, I definitely went wide-eyed at a few points. Loved the soundtrack too.

I saw this too. All of my friends despised it, and the kids sitting in back of me quite often whispered to each other "this movie sucks", "i'm falling asleep", etc... Others walked out. It really put me in a sour mood because I did enjoy a lot of it but I felt like I was the only one on the planet who thought so.

Opening sequence was absolutely terrific. Then it slowed down. A LOT. And I could see how people were turned off. Lots of staring, very little dialog.

But then holy sh*t that second half comes and it turns into A History of Violence part 2. The car chase, and the buildup leading to it, absolutely brilliant. I was a bit let down about the length of the chase, especially when some critics compared it to the likes of Bullit.

Not sure what I would rate it. Like I said I wasn't in the greatest mood coming out of it because everyone was like "that f*cking sucked". So I don't want that to bias my thoughts. I'd probably place it around 7 like you did.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Damnation alley

What a weird movie. It doesn't really seem to be going anywhere but nowhere, and when they finally get there it's nothing of any interest. Surrealistic sub par movie with an extremely weak wtf ending. Well, at least the tank looked kinda cool.
I'd forgotten this film existed. A blast form the past.

Black Swan-8/10

This is not really my type of film but the missus wanted to see it. That being said it was a captivating and surreal story. Really well done and very involving. It really showed that Natalie Portman has a great range. Much better than I expected it to be.

The Men Who Stare at Goats-8/10

I saw this when it first came out and it was just as good, if not better, the second time around. Great story and a powerhouse cast.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I saw this too. All of my friends despised it, and the kids sitting in back of me quite often whispered to each other "this movie sucks", "i'm falling asleep", etc... Others walked out. It really put me in a sour mood because I did enjoy a lot of it but I felt like I was the only one on the planet who thought so.

Opening sequence was absolutely terrific. Then it slowed down. A LOT. And I could see how people were turned off. Lots of staring, very little dialog.
Yeah, I got that vibe from some of my audience too. To be fair, the trailers make it look like it's another action movie (thanks to reviews I knew this wasn't the case) and I was indeed a little disappointed with how little driving was involved. However, I was pleasantly surprised with a movie that tries to be more sentimental and not just another Transporter movie. "OMG WHY ISN'T THIS MOVIE ADHERING TO MY ATTENTION SPAN OF A GERBIL? IT MUST BE TERRIBLE. I'M GOING TO GO WATCH TRANSFORMERS AGAIN."

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Dawn of the Dead-7/10

This Zack Snyder remake is fun but, in my opinion, the original is still the best. There's some great frame compositions and camera work here and it's a rollicking gore-fest. Yeah; it's fun.........

Gasland-9(?)10

This is my first opportunity to sit down and watch this doco. It's some scary shit and they're doing it here or wanting to do it here. As for the 9 out of 10 I don't know how to rate it as it's a doco but it worked; it scared me.

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
The Bank Job 6/10

Next up in the Jason Statham boxset.

An OK-ish mix of kitchen sink, heist and Scandal. Rather slow to start but enjoyable enough once things get going.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy 6/10

Suffers from over-compression of the original source material and, despite the bevy of British acting talent on display, some rather uninvolving performances. Gary Oldman impersonates Bill Nighy but not as well as Bill Nighy impersonates Bill Nighy. That said, Benedict Cumberbatch is very good and is very convincing in all of his scenes.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Gasland-9(?)10

This is my first opportunity to sit down and watch this doco. It's some scary shit and they're doing it here or wanting to do it here. As for the 9 out of 10 I don't know how to rate it as it's a doco but it worked; it scared me.

Yeah, it really is frightening on how essentially helpless folks are in the US, when it comes to corporate/company interests. And the republicans are complaining that the EPA has "job killing" regulations, but the fact is that corporations have their lobbyists in congress who push through legislation that, for example, exempts natural gas companies from following the EPA's ground/drinking water regulations.

I agree, the documentary gets a 9/10.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope-8/10

When I heard that Lucas had (again) changed these films in the Blu-Ray release I managed to get myself a copy of the trilogy box set which includes the 1990's reboot/remasters and the original theatrical releases; which is something I should have done years ago.

There's not point in reviewing this flick but I don't know if I have ever seen the 1990's versions on DVD (as opposed to the theater or TV). The movie looked and sounded great off DVD.

Memo to George: Stop changing these films. Enough is enough. They are for the ages now. Why don't you get off your fat, super-wealthy arse and do something new instead?

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
50/50 - 9/10

This movie put me in the happiest mood despite the grim subject matter. Joseph Gordon Levitt stole the show but even Seth Rogen was good in this. Really funny, nothing too sappy or overly emotional. Everything is just right and the chemistry between the actors is wonderful. Highly recommended! :tup:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope-8/10

When I heard that Lucas had (again) changed these films in the Blu-Ray release I managed to get myself a copy of the trilogy box set which includes the 1990's reboot/remasters and the original theatrical releases; which is something I should have done years ago.

There's not point in reviewing this flick but I don't know if I have ever seen the 1990's versions on DVD (as opposed to the theater or TV). The movie looked and sounded great off DVD.

Memo to George: Stop changing these films. Enough is enough. They are for the ages now. Why don't you get off your fat, super-wealthy arse and do something new instead?

Why would he? He's super fat and wealthy.

Rain man 10/10

I've always liked watching this movie. Solid story/dialogue and excellent acting, both hoffman and cruise but especially hoffman, but also the cinematography. Those beautiful on the road shots, the composition and lighting is sublime. It's a feast for the eye this movie. From the deserted stretched out country to the zillion lights of Las vegas and so on.
The perfect choice of music for every scene.

Top class, that's all I can say.

Oh yeah, and great memorable intro.

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Paul-8/10

Genuinely funny and fresh. This film was a lot of fun to watch. The alien first contact feelgood movie of the year.

Blythe Danner may be aging but, in my opinion, she remains supremely hot. :D

paul-movie-poster22.jpg

Last edited: