Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

6.5/10

Not as funny as i remembered but Cam, my 12-year-old, freaking loved it. Napoleon at the water park was funny, but the "hey let's remember to put something there in the past" bit is still freaking hilarious (especially since we love Doctor Who).

"Remember when we were freshmen and your mom was a senior?" :D

Got to agree with this. Always preferred the Bogus Journey to the Excellent Adventure, but I've absolutely loved both of them for most of my life, until my very most recent viewing. They just weren't as funny as I'd remembered them being. Growing up is a sad business (or maybe it's just changing times, but either way, it's sad).

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Shrek Forever After 2/10

Somewhere along the line they forgot that this was supposed to be funny. If you've seen the trailer then you seen all the best jokes. If you've seen "It's a wonderful life" then you know the plot. Save the money and your time.

The 3D didn't really add anything, the animation was perfectly competent (no real excuse for it not to be these days), the artwork fine.

Most of the little buried references were missing. A focus on the character of Shrek (he's an ogre - deal with it) rather than the humour was painfully misplaced. The other popular characters were pretty limited in their screen time and thinly drawn.

I can't even recommend that you take less demanding children to see it. My lot were pretty unimpressed (and it takes a lot to leave them unimpressed:)).

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The Fountain-6.5/10

An interesting but, at times, confusing story even on the second watching of this film. Some intense acting moments and, in my opinion, this could be some of Hugh Jackman's best work.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull- 6/10

This film seems a bit flat and lacks the spark of the first three films. It now replaces Temple of Doom, in my opinion, as the worst of the Indiana Jones films.

The Last House on the Left-3/10

Crime drama. Pretty predictable rubbish really.........

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Been a while...

Hiroshima Mon Amour. Starting off with horrifying pictures of the aftermath of the atomic bomb, a picture about forgetting and not being able to forget that seemingly connects all of its themes at every single moment of its length. Most beautifully shot and (sometimes overly) poetically told, it is a reminder of how people wage war and love and what war and love do to people. All will be lost. 9/10

The Princess And The Frog. Very, very Disney, in a bad sense. This entails retelling every Disney adventure movie cliché that ever appeared in other productions - including the bad guy who is out for power, the cheesy love story that develops ever the same way and the partying and singing inbetween. It's fine for the most part, really, but it's been done before and it's been done better. What's more, some of the art seems "adapted" directly from the classic computer game "Heart of Darkness". The saving grace is the usual comic relief character, who happens to really be amusing - not original either, but at least that aspect still works. 5/10

El Secreto De Sus Ojos. Clearly one of the best movies of the past year. A story of love, friendship, justice and South American history is told, and it's told including all aspects in every single shot. The leads and the two most important supports are nothing short of breathtaking, their on-screen chemistry amazing - watch the elevator scene and you will know what I'm talking about. The differences in the interplay between the two main characters in the two times more than twenty years apart that the movie takes place in are fascinating to watch. And just when I thought things could not be topped anymore, the director delivered a stunning zoom into a football stadium which like hasn't been seen before. A deserved Best Foreign Picture winner. 10/10

Roman Holiday. A classic comedy love story. Audrey Hepburn is as angelic as ever, debuting in her first big starring role, but she went on to become much better still after this movie. Gregory Peck, on the other hand, was already well into his career and does deliver a more nuanced performance. My favourite scenes clearly were the slapsticky ones between Peck and Eddie Albert. 8/10

The Secret Of Kells. Amazing artwork. It is a heavily stylized animated movie, blending medieval art (from the Book of Kells) with modern animation. Sharing the possibilities of imagination, it also teaches the beauty and value of knowledge and freedom and their importance over mere security. A great score completes the picture. 9/10

The New Tenants. Odd and quirky, surprising one with wittiness not initially expected. I like dark humour, and this one is downright malicious. The ending doesn't quite keep up though. 7/10

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
I saw bits fo it from when my girlfriend was watching it a while back and it looked like a standard slasher/thriller thing film more than a crime drama surely?
Crime in the sense that people got slashed or thrilled or both.

Standard is the operative word there. A very average bad people picture......

Revolutionary Road-9/10

This one of those "welcome to a hell of your own making" films that is powered by incendiary performances from Di Caprio and Winslet. The acting in this film is simply stunning.

Add some beautiful soundtrack music to the package and you've got one hell of a good film.

The Mexican-7.5/10

I haven't seen this film in a long time but it was extremely enjoyable revisiting this story.

Death at a Funeral-7/10

A clever and funny film even the second time around.

Zoolander-5/10

Very silly. I'm not a Ben Stiller fan........

Ghost Town-6.5/10

I really didn't think I'd enjoy this love story but it was quite engaging.

Zombieland-8/10

Just as much fun and just as clever the second time around.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Well that was the only way I was going to watch these movies.

Twilight + Rifftrax = 9/10
Twilight New Moon + Rifftrax = 9/10

Twilight - Rifftrax = 2/10
Twilight New Moon - Rifftrax = 1/10

I can't wait for the third Rifftrax :D

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Kingdom of Heaven-9/10

In my opinion one of Ridley Scott's best films. I've seen it many times now. Great story. Epic movie-making.

Thunderball-6.5/10

I always enjoy this Sean Connery era James Bond movie.

Thank you for remindingme that Rifftrax exists! (still don't think I'd be able to sit through any Twilight movie though.

thank you just the same! gonna go check out some classics with my MST3K boys cracking (what can loosely be called) wise !

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005

Hells yeah. The first was absolutely hilarious and probably the best rifftrax yet. New Moon wasn't as funny, probably because they had already used up a lot of ammo for their jokes in the first, but it was still pretty funny.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I dunno I kinda liked the way the jokes carried on into the second. :lol:
Shows just how much evolution there is in these movies if the same jokes keep working.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Predators 8/10

I liked it. Homages out the ass to the original and the original score is even in there at some points. Topher Grace still can't get rid of his Eric Foreman personality, even when he is allowed to drop a few f-bombs. Like I said though homages out the ass

Nearly all the characters are duplicates of the originals
The waterfall scene is created very nicely
The scene from the original with Billy taking his final stand is re-created here, but with an actual fight scene.
The final showdown where Arnie gets his ass beat, well the roles are reversed
Royce(Adrien Brody) doing the famous "Kill me now" line

Overall it was a nice temporary adrenaline rush before The Expendables hits. Shut your brain off and just enjoy the flick.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Toy Story 3 - 9/10

Again no suprises. Ther's no way Pixar can be surpassed in CG films if you consider every good production they've made. Toy Story 3 is one of them. It was far better than I expected it to be.

I've watched the first movie for at least a hundred times as a kiddo. However missed out on the second film (I'll get to watch soon enough) but the way they've thought out TS3 is just really steady. In a way it suits all ages, that's what I love about CG films, I know I might sound like a father who wishes to share the whole thing with the familly, but that's really far from being the case. Just saying that what they do well.

The characters are still authentical, and have their own personalities. The movie has a really interesting "dark/sadic" twist to it, Pixar has been also doing this with the first movie, the kind of harsh-but-still-ok-for-everyone. This movie is really unique, I love unique CG films with an interesting plot.

Man that security monkey was something. Sig'ed. LOL'ed.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Predators 8/10

I liked it. Homages out the ass to the original and the original score is even in there at some points. Topher Grace still can't get rid of his Eric Foreman personality, even when he is allowed to drop a few f-bombs. Like I said though homages out the ass
Overall it was a nice temporary adrenaline rush before The Expendables hits. Shut your brain off and just enjoy the flick.

Oh man you totally just reminded me that this is out in cinemas. I have to go watch this this weekend. Thanks! :)

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
The Book of Eli - 6.5-7/10. I'm not really sure what to make of this movie. On one hand, I liked the action scenes a lot, and I enjoyed the story as a whole. The acting was pretty decent, too. I'd have to say that my biggest complaint was that there were quite a few times where I couldn't hear what people were saying. On the other hand:

The fact that Eli was blind bugged me. How could he be so accurate when shooting?

Other than that, I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Predators - 7/10. It was an enjoyable popcorn movie. Best of all, it was nowhere near as bad as AVP: Requiem, and there's no higher praise than that.

Hanzo's sword = Predator wristblade