Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
And we all know Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

Just like a magpie would steal anything that sparkles.

Last edited:

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
Moon - 8/10
I think i could have upgraded it to a 9, if it wasnt for
the terrible voice-over rounding everything off into a nice happy ending

Inglorious Basterds - 7/10
I think I'm being a bit generous with this rating, I spent most of the film feeling a little unimpressed but not uninterested, but the ending violence was enough to push the whole thing into being pretty funny. so I quite liked it overall.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Terminator salvation: 6-7/10 Has its moments, f.e. the harvester scene. But the story felt forced, acting artificial (esp. sam). Digital effects were very good, esp. in that terminator vs. connor scene. And it has bryce dallas howard...looking pretty as ever again.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
In the Name of the King - A Dungeon Siege Tale: 4/10

Deficient in both dungeons, excitement and even a vestige of faux plausibility, this was terribly flat. A pity, because it looked like it had a decent enough budget and the cast wasn't entirely no name.

One of the extra features revealed part of the problem. In writing the script, the script writers didn't have a plot in mind but rather wrote to see what the characters might do. In some circumstances, a valid technique but probably best avoided when the dramatis personae is populated with stereotypes inspired by a game. Guess what? Stereotypical characters develop stereotypically.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
In the Name of the King - A Dungeon Siege Tale: 4/10

Deficient in both dungeons, excitement and even a vestige of faux plausibility, this was terribly flat. A pity, because it looked like it had a decent enough budget and the cast wasn't entirely no name.

One of the extra features revealed part of the problem. In writing the script, the script writers didn't have a plot in mind but rather wrote to see what the characters might do. In some circumstances, a valid technique but probably best avoided when the dramatis personae is populated with stereotypes inspired by a game. Guess what? Stereotypical characters develop stereotypically.

you mean the fact that Uwe Boll directed it wasn't enough to doom this movie?

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
How has no one mentioned Twilight: New Moon?

I give it a 10/10 for the amusement factor. My group had to really try to keep our laughter to a minimum in the theater. Plus, Edward gets choke slammed repeatedly. :D Really, it was bad enough to make my Twilight fan of a sister realize it was stupid. That takes some serious stupidity.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I've noticed the name mentioned a couple of time around here but since I have never seen anything else by the individual, no, it's not enough. :)

That said, ItNotK-ADST is not a good start...

Actually it is, everything else is even worse. IMO one of the worst movies I've seen this year was Boll's FarCry.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Yeah, Uwe Boll's name is synonymous with "video game movie" which is conversely synonymous with "really bad movie", but he takes bad to a whole new level. drayne

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
What I don't understand is this, Boll is a genius at securing financing and getting big names on board. He'd be the perfect producer but he's got to **** up and direct everything himself. Know thy limits and adjust accordingly.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I've noticed the name mentioned a couple of time around here but since I have never seen anything else by the individual, no, it's not enough. :)

That said, ItNotK-ADST is not a good start...

House of the Dead, Bloodrayne 1 and 2(noticed he is making a 3rd), Alone in the Dark, Postal, and Far Cry. Just a few examples of what to avoid. Pretty sure there are more.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Shoot 'em up: Crazy, over the top, insane action movie. But I could stand watching it. It has a couple of nice finds, sometimes a little too far fetched/ridiculous. Monica belucci plays the vamp, once more, seems to fit her quite well... clive owen is a badass with super reflexes and so on. Had me laughing a couple of times: f.e. the air fight and hotel scene.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Shoot 'em up: Crazy, over the top, insane action movie. But I could stand watching it. It has a couple of nice finds, sometimes a little too far fetched/ridiculous. Monica belucci plays the vamp, once more, seems to fit her quite well... clive owen is a badass with super reflexes and so on. Had me laughing a couple of times: f.e. the air fight and hotel scene.

It was cheesy but i rather liked it myself, not sure how re-watchable it is but cutting an umbillical cord by shooting it? Genius!
It pulled off the action scenes better than the Max Payne movie did too depressingly.

To date. The only thing i've ever liked Clive Owen in... it'll never make up for that King Arthur movie though. *grumble*

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I don't have a problem with clive owen, but I've only seen him in "sin city" and "children of men". The whole "home invasion" scene was pretty insane as well. How lucky can one be?