Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Three Kingdoms: Ressurection of the dragon 4/10

It was a good movie in some ways but the action was cut poorly, the story developed very fast, too fast, characters were developed "behind the scenes" as far as i can tell and, despite the title, i counted only two kingdoms. The third kingdom might've been mentioned but it certainly wasn't represented.

Additionally nothing and no one was reffered to as a dragon so i've no idea what was meant to be ressurected. The acting was fine though i thought and there were some cool characters despite the lack of development. Cao Ying did a good job of looking like she could fight and was quite intimidating whilst simultaneusly being really rather beautiful. There were some very nice shots in the film but it couldn't save it from being a slightly disapointing watch. Hero was far better.

It should have been either 1-2 hours longer or covered a far shorter time, most of the stuff that hapened in the film was just stuff the narrator told you happened coupled with a shot of stuff you saw actually happen a little bit earlier...

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Three Kingdoms: Ressurection of the dragon 4/10

It was a good movie in some ways but the action was cut poorly, the story developed very fast, too fast, characters were developed "behind the scenes" as far as i can tell and, despite the title, i counted only two kingdoms. The third kingdom might've been mentioned but it certainly wasn't represented.

Edit: The original post (in italics) is nonsense. I confused the movie with Red Cliff.

The picture is somewhat confusing but most western countries have seen butchered versions of the movie(s). Some are edits of the two movies jammed together.

It seems that the only way of getting to see a decent version of the movies is probably to get the R4 DVDs when they come out.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
The picture is somewhat confusing but most western countries have seen butchered versions of the movie(s). Some are edits of the two movies jammed together.

It seems that the only way of getting to see a decent version of the movies is probably to get the R4 DVDs when they come out.

Ah i see. Oh dear, 2 movies? i shall have to do some research...

(Edit - I can't find any reference to this movie being two movies?)

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
On The Waterfront. An excellent film about an aged subject, the violent corruption in the higher tiers of port workers' union, which somewhat is to the detriment of its impact. Superb acting on behalf of Marlon Brando, Lee Cobb and Rod Steiger and great work by the art department to really carry across the dark and gritty atmosphere and the "(not so) quiet desperation" of the dock workers' and their families' lives. 8/10

The Sentinel. The movie suffers from noticable exposition and screenwriters trying to turn Kiefer Sutherland into Jack Bauer (staccato sentences, always in the same tone, complemented with one-liners) for all times. Fancy camera zooms and strafes, music video-esque cuts and the score generate an uneasy and sometimes confusing sense of speed, that is supposed to make up for the lack of plot (which is riddled with horribly cliched and predictable bits). Fun facts: terrorists speak in foreign languages to each other, but only when Secret Service agents aren't listening to them; terrorists make gorilla sounds when they die; terrorists move in slow-motion. Michael Douglas' acting skills are wasted on this one. 4/10

The Philadelphia Story. Very amusing, even after seventy years, thanks to the brilliant script and the fantastic cast. I especially loved the little dialogues between James Stewart and Ruth Hussey in the beginning, but everything's really right in this one. And that's all I have to say about it. 10/10

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Pinero 8/10

The story of poet-playwright-actor Miguel Piñero. Excellent film and a real blur from start to end.

Carandiru 7/10

Film about the experience of a doctor inside the state penitentiary Carandiru, in São Paulo, Brazil. Surreal and weird at times.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Important Post.

LAST NIGHT
I WATCHED

THE MATRIX

Not the first time, obviously. It's a very sacred time when I watch it, I have the trilogy on DVD, I watch them whenever.

I don't really have to say how incredible the movie is, but I will say:
2,147,483,647 / 10

It's probably my favorite movie ever, on par with Star Wars. No one can dislike this movie, if you do then my opinion of you is bordering on hate.
After the movie, I listened to the soundtrack as I slept. Seriously amazing film.

The worst thing about the movie is that it's only 136 minutes long :gonk:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
I like The Matrix as much as the next guy (at least the first movie), but I prefer "Dark City" - came out the same year [EDIT: a year earlier], has the same underlying idea and is much, much more atmospheric. It's kind of a Matrix minus the firearms and the overly in-your-face "philosophy" but with more interesting visuals and more... gloom.

Last edited:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Death Race 7/10

Pretty decent action flick.

Call me crazy but the entire premise of the movie seemed like UT. The economy is ****, too many prisoners. Let's broadcast bloody tournaments where the prisoners kill themselves for the fans.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Gran torino: 9/10

Terrific eastwood. Never over the top, too sentimental. Eastwood, and those chinese kids, played their part quite well.
The ending really got to me, for some reason. I knew he was going to face those gangbangers no matter what, but part of me realised he'd do it without violence. Pretty clear really. But when it happened, it really struck to me to see him go down. Very tragic figure. One hell of a way to make amends.Beautiful ending.

Go watch this movie.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
G-Force

The rating varies by the age of the viewer:

8-9 : 8/10
12-13: 6/10
47: 4/10

This is the 4/10 review.

From the pun in the title onwards (lost to most of the target audience, I imagine), all of this seems a little flat. Let's do Spy Kids with guinea pigs could have been a great movie but the script is unfunny, the action excessive without being exciting, the guinea pigs weren't cute enough (I suspect a limitation in the animation) and the baddie was

Too diffuse.

Bill Nighy reprised his turn from Stormbreaker but this time on the other side. It didn't really work in Stormbreaker and it didn't work here.

Then it turns out that the true baddie had been off-screen for most of the movie. Some might call that a twist but my reaction really was "so what?"