Raffi_B

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
Play me in Quake4, nub :)

T2A said you got the game, and I can't find you anywhere.
xfire: thirtysixbelow
irc: #fragbu, #Quake4

P.S. not sure if he reads off topic, hal, moderators, 4 teh move

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
ThirtySixBelow said:
Play me in Quake4, nub :)
Quake 4 has been released...How long?
EDIT: okay, I guess it's clear that I haven't followed Q4 coverage :eek:

It's a bit early to call each other noobs, isn't it? ;)

Last edited:

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
Taleweaver said:
Quake 4 has been released...How long? 2 weeks? 3, perhaps?

Still...It's a bit early to call each other noobs, isn't it? ;)

How is it too early? Everyone is a noob ... except of course me because I surpass all noobness by how much I own at everything I touch :shock: It's like 80 and 0 on dust2 no problem.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
cu@proLAN :cool: ;)

juggrun1.gif

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Too bad Q4 strafe jumping is slow unlike Q3 strafe jumping. I'd eat your dust if there was any being kicked up behind you.

Day of Q4 release...
Guy 1: "how long you been playing?"
Guy 2: "since 6:30"
Guy 1: "i been playing since 4pm n00b"

Last edited:
Turns2Ashes said:
Too bad Q4 strafe jumping is slow unlike Q3 strafe jumping. I'd eat your dust if there was any being kicked up behind you.

Day of Q4 release...
Guy 1: "how long you been playing?"
Guy 2: "6:30"
Guy 1: "i been playing since 4pm n00b"

rofl

btw, i need to ask, whats the difference between q4 and q3 arena, gameplay wise (i understand the quality part)

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
Xaero_UT said:
rofl

btw, i need to ask, whats the difference between q4 and q3 arena, gameplay wise (i understand the quality part)

player speed and crappy D3 engine with burnt S*** looking maps, other than that it's the same. Also a few other things like granades can use the jumps to be shot across the map, and all projectiles can go through the teleporters to keep people from just sitting on the other side with the gauntlet out waiting to pretend like they are outsmarting the other person who is well aware they are there. It is fun, I just wish it had a different atmosphere and faster movement.

ThirtySixBelow said:
player speed and crappy D3 engine with burnt S*** looking maps, other than that it's the same. Also a few other things like granades can use the jumps to be shot across the map, and all projectiles can go through the teleporters to keep people from just sitting on the other side with the gauntlet out waiting to pretend like they are outsmarting the other person who is well aware they are there. It is fun, I just wish it had a different atmosphere and faster movement.

thanks for that...does it have the railgun in q4?

if so..consider it bought, rail ftw

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
ThirtySixBelow said:
a few other things like granades can use the jumps to be shot across the map, and all projectiles can go through the teleporters to keep people from just sitting on the other side

2k7 needs these features.

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
Xaero_UT said:
thanks for that...does it have the railgun in q4?

if so..consider it bought, rail ftw

Yes it does have the railgun. Something that is VERY nice, but hard to get used to, is that the more powerful weapons have longer switch times. The railgun is very powerful doing 100 damage, but the weapon switch time is very slow to help balance out how strong it is. Every weapon in this game can kill you, from the shotgun (once you get it down) to the stronger rockets and railgun. Having this delay allows for someone who may not have as good of a weapon still have a chance at a kill. Now, you can still switch the weapons fast while moving around the map, but as soon as you shoot the weapon, the delay is set. This requires a lot more knowledge of which weapons are best for each situation, because say you are in an area that is closed and you are runing around with the railgun and someone shows up and you shoot, you are now a sitting duck for a half second or more in a tight spot, wheras if you were more prepaired with the rockets out you could have a much more reliable fragging opportunity. This game seems to be a lot about weapon choice and usage because all of them have the ability to kill. In this respect you are never "out of the game" like in UT when someone gets the hitscan weapons and the 100a. Not to say you are out totally, or for good, but in q4 you are always only few shots and a slight mess up by your opponant away from getting back in the game at any given time.

Last edited:

rhirud

Fast learning novice
Feb 20, 2004
Shooing projectiles through teleports. That sounds really nifty.