Raffi_B

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
ThirtySixBelow said:
Yes it does have the railgun. Something that is VERY nice, but hard to get used to, is that the more powerful weapons have longer switch times. The railgun is very powerful doing 100 damage, but the weapon switch time is very slow to help balance out how strong it is. Every weapon in this game can kill you, from the shotgun (once you get it down) to the stronger rockets and railgun. Having this delay allows for someone who may not have as good of a weapon still have a chance at a kill. Now, you can still switch the weapons fast while moving around the map, but as soon as you shoot the weapon, the delay is set. This requires a lot more knowledge of which weapons are best for each situation, because say you are in an area that is closed and you are runing around with the railgun and someone shows up and you shoot, you are now a sitting duck for a half second or more in a tight spot, wheras if you were more prepaired with the rockets out you could have a much more reliable fragging opportunity. This game seems to be a lot about weapon choice and usage because all of them have the ability to kill. In this respect you are never "out of the game" like in UT when someone gets the hitscan weapons and the 100a. Not to say you are out totally, or for good, but in q4 you are always only few shots and a slight mess up by your opponant away from getting back in the game at any given time.

thanks dude, im an old q3a player, and rail was my fav weapon, and where i pretty much developed my 'hitscan', and the main reason i chose my nick (only player that uses rail)

last q. customisable colours for the beam? i loved that, wish could be done for shock in 07

Last edited:

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
Xaero_UT said:
thanks dude, im an old q3a player, and rail was my fav weapon, and where i pretty much developed my 'hitscan', and the main reason i chose my nick (only player that uses rail)

last q. customisable colours for the beam? i loved that, wish could be done for shock in 07

Yes, you can make the rail any color you can imagine. There is a hue setting from 0-360 and a saturation setting from 0to1, so basically 360 colors with any deepness of that color you would like. There are about 8 standard colors you can choose from in the game itself, but if you want to you can set the hue,saturation stuff in your config file making the options pretty much endless. t2a has his as some cool ice blue, and mine is red orange. It's pretty much the same system as the names, only the names are R,G,B values.