Quake Live Opens

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Pressss alt+F4!!!11!!!! already!

Not that much of an issue really, was only wanting to see how it looks and feels. Haven't played the game since early 2000's :D
This game was either going to run straight off the bat or not at all.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I supposed you could always try deleting all the files and redownloading them, unless this was your first time doing it anyway.

I'm waiting for the game to come back up here as they are doing some upgrades and such.

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Yeah it was the first time. Thanks for your help, but as said, this was either going to work straight off the bat, or loose my interest and the later occurred. :O

I actually registered with QL ages ago, but after I sat in some queue for something or other for ages - that was the first time I lost interest.
Decided to give it a shot today again - no queue but this. So I gave up :D

I was never the biggest Q3 fan, so it's no biggie.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
so, anyone playing quakelive these days? I've been playing recently and finally getting a few of my "chops" back (not that they're necessarily worth bragging over).

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
[GU]elmur_fud;2466520 said:
Last time I played I had to many cheaters shooting through walls. I have actual Q3 installed still anyway, so lately I have just been botmatching.

Where do you people find these cheaters? Been playing since early open beta, encountered ONE cheater and it wasn't anything extraordinary like shooting through wall, just a simple aimbot.

What region, what gametypes, etc?

OT: Yes, I still play. Not as much as I used to when I still clanned, but some casual CA, TDM or duel is always welcome. Kind of bummed out I won't be able to play Freezetag without subscribing...

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Where do you people find these cheaters? Been playing since early open beta, encountered ONE cheater and it wasn't anything extraordinary like shooting through wall, just a simple aimbot.
yea, I haven't really seen any hax, but I just started playing again the last few weeks. The other day they were trying to (vote) kick someone they accused of hax, but I never saw anything unusual. maybe a pro and some newbs getting mad. who knows...
OT: Yes, I still play. Not as much as I used to when I still clanned, but some casual CA, TDM or duel is always welcome. Kind of bummed out I won't be able to play Freezetag without subscribing...
been playing ctf. FFA gets monotonous and I'm not fanatical enough for the CA crowd (I only keybind rocket launcher and rail).

Freezetag is fun stuff, but yea, they just had it opened to pub for a week or so. (2 weeks ago).

what's your nametag? mine's "therealkiff"

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com

What region, what gametypes, etc?

DM maps, and I haven't played in like 4 months. They were on several maps and all had the same clan tag so it is distinctly likely that I just got on at a bad time. I tend to pick high playercount maps so that also may have been a factor but again I still have Q3 and Q3TA installed..

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
yea, I haven't really seen any hax, but I just started playing again the last few weeks. The other day they were trying to (vote) kick someone they accused of hax, but I never saw anything unusual. maybe a pro and some newbs getting mad. who knows...

been playing ctf. FFA gets monotonous and I'm not fanatical enough for the CA crowd (I only keybind rocket launcher and rail).

Freezetag is fun stuff, but yea, they just had it opened to pub for a week or so. (2 weeks ago).

what's your nametag? mine's "therealkiff"

Surprise: DarQraven. I'm one consistent mother****er.
I do live in the Netherlands, though, so ping might be an issue;)
What I find really confusing, btw, is why I am allowed to play maps like Aerowalk in practice mode, but can't play them online. :/

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
From what I have seen in my experiences in QLive, there are no cheaters. I may be biased, but Quake Live players (in general) are simply assholes. Especially the "pr0"s. Any hint of better skill than them and they start screaming "HAAAX" or "u use teh noob rox gun." Hell, I have even seen one of these people call me a noob for fragging them with one rail blast.

I know all games have assholes, but the frequency and ratio of assholes in quake live is MUCH higher than any other game. All I ever hear is their incandescent complaining whenever they get killed. It doesn't matter which gun, which gametype, whatever. And they are always the same people, when loosing (or winning , for that matter) to type "GG" and leave five minutes before the game ends.

Such smug pricks. Never seen anything like it in the UT community.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
From what I have seen in my experiences in QLive, there are no cheaters. I may be biased, but Quake Live players (in general) are simply assholes. Especially the "pr0"s. Any hint of better skill than them and they start screaming "HAAAX" or "u use teh noob rox gun." Hell, I have even seen one of these people call me a noob for fragging them with one rail blast.

I know all games have assholes, but the frequency and ratio of assholes in quake live is MUCH higher than any other game. All I ever hear is their incandescent complaining whenever they get killed. It doesn't matter which gun, which gametype, whatever. And they are always the same people, when loosing (or winning , for that matter) to type "GG" and leave five minutes before the game ends.

Such smug pricks. Never seen anything like it in the UT community.

Once again .. whut? Is this the USA server specifically or something?
Of all shooters I've played, Quake has probably the friendliest community, with Counterstrike Source topping the charts in terms of jackasses.
Is FFA all you play or something? A similar thing can be seen in Starcraft. In 1v1's, people are generally friendly unless you try to cheese them. In 4v4, everyone calls eachother noobs/hackers/cheesers/rushers (and ironically, almost always a bad player).

It could also be the upper tiers not having as much crap as you're describing.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Once again .. whut? Is this the USA server specifically or something?
Of all shooters I've played, Quake has probably the friendliest community, with Counterstrike Source topping the charts in terms of jackasses.
Is FFA all you play or something? A similar thing can be seen in Starcraft. In 1v1's, people are generally friendly unless you try to cheese them. In 4v4, everyone calls eachother noobs/hackers/cheesers/rushers (and ironically, almost always a bad player).

It could also be the upper tiers not having as much crap as you're describing.

Maybe it is the US servers. The ones I see show up are usually from Ashburn VA, NY, Chicago, or Texas. Does the game differentiate servers based on location? It doesn't have a server list I don't see right?

But usually I play CTF matches. Lots of pricks. If I play games where it says "opponents are weaker" they usually complain of hax. If I play matches where they are said "tougher" then they call me a n00b every time I frag them.

Last edited:

kiff

Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Maybe it is the US servers. The ones I see show up are usually from Ashburn VA, NY, Chicago, or Texas. Does the game differentiate servers based on location? It doesn't have a server list I don't see right?

But usually I play CTF matches. Lots of pricks. If I play games where it says "opponents are weaker" they usually complain of hax. If I play matches where they are said "tougher" then they call me a n00b every time I frag them.
I've been playing ctf on those servers lately and I really don't see what you're describing. Again, there are the occasion whiners but it's more the exception that the rule. Maybe it was the time-frame when you were playing.

Also, in general, I see just as many tards on any given game.

edit:
well just played ctf w/ an aimbot on the other team. pretty easy to spot it. could easy whoop his ass w/ rockets or whatever, but every once in a while, usually when he had the flag, you'd get insta-railed if you entered any area he was in.

Last edited: