PuF CTF Dream Team? (I know, we're not a clan)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
CHRYSt, where the hell have you been?

Main reason I put in Strange and Gunner, is a couple games in the last few days, they killed me when I didn't think I should have been (ie, they made great plays). Perhaps their team skills aren't as good as Cookie - I don't know - as I've said, I've not played them that much - but what I saw, I was impressed!

Cookie, as I said.. you're right in there. Just work on those skirmish/DM skills and we'll be cookin!

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Hey, I know I shouldn't be on that list. I haven't been playing nearly as much CTF as I've wanted to recently. That should change from this week though.

The two people who stick out in my mind when someone mentions CTF are Rooster and hal. I dunno why but they do.

bullet2.gif

I am the almighty Xanholio! I need rockets for my bunghole!

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
Rooster -- I think you want me to work on consistency... my skirmish skills can be pretty good sometimes. You should have seen me tear up Hal (4 frags to 2), Mute (5 frags to 0), and most of the red team on Lava Giant tonight -- not that I'm bragging /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif -- everyone but some guy named »§§«MäRkÕfÐeÅtH... my shock rifle was snappin' out kills like no tommorow and the same goes for my flak.

BTW, I am so excited about my new Lavagiant flag taking strat... I haven't really used it yet, but I am really excited (main inspirations from Osirus, $GB$, and C1).

bullet2.gif

Who's gonna be the odd man out? I want to be the odd man out.
-- [Ci]CookieMnstr|PuF

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
BTW, thanks for the votes guys.

Maybe the reason I perform so poorly against Roost, is that I have an inborn fear of him... I used to have the same thing against Cot_vs_Tan. But Cot changed his name, and suddenly, it's easier to frag him...

bullet2.gif

-- [Ci]CookieMnstr|PuF

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
Poor Nigma...

Nigma, you are at about the same point I was several weeks ago -- I thought I was great, but I wasn't.

The best piece of advice I can give you, is that you should bug good players for 1 on 1 matches. I played Ritz for awhile (and I still do, although not as often). Often times, he would shut me out (and he still does). It's not really that fun to get beaten so badly, but it's well worth it. My skills have improved quite a bit since then.

bullet2.gif

-- [Ci]CookieMnstr|PuF

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
You've definitely improved, Cookie! That combo is paying off. You are among the better players on the forum (that I've played)

I play with a little different perspective than most. I am very aggressive and am focused only on killing those invading our base...or getting our flag back and covering the carrier.

You may catch me a few times with a good move...that's ok. In the end, I want to see my team with the higher score...that's all. As a result, my efficiency is only about 63%.

On the other hand, my team win/loss is 230/110. You won't see me switching to the winning team either /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

Consequently, if you play me 1 on 1 DM (as you have) you'll see that I am aggressive to a fault. I will chase you down. I might not stop to refill my health...who knows. That is why I don't play a lot of 1 vs 1...it's hard to switch between the two. Of course, I'm aware of all of this...so who knows...maybe I'll work on it. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm Godlike dammit!

hal{PuF}

Mr Z

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
Good Games tonight, mute, hal, Rezz and Cookie. Sorry I left like that, but Roadrunner went down in my area. /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

[MsR]Evil_Beaver

bullet2.gif

all that I know...
The Unknown Knows

Ritz

Cracka
Nov 10, 1999
miami, FL
Visit site
Cookie, catch me sometime this week...im on 56k and spring break, easy kills /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

I also tend to play really aggressive...it makes for some interesting scores. For 1v1, either I win by a lot or lose by just as much.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, EvilBeaver, that was a blast. One thing about you that I remember is that you always play with the best players. Almost every game I've ever played with you has been a blood bath! That's the way I like it.

I wish you'd log in through #planetunreal more. I always enjoy getting brutalized! Anyone wanting a tough game would do well to hop on a server EB is on. [MsR] has themselves a fine player.

bullet2.gif

hal{PuF}

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Oh yeah, let me just say how amazing that November game was, E_B.

CTF-November : 35:00 min game. E_B is on blue and makes 2 Flag Captures, 22 Frags, 24 Kills... 1 Death. Roughly an 8 on 8 game, so there was plenty of carnage! Way to go... just join my team next time! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

hal{PuF}

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Hey E_B - I didn't get to play last night. I'm still looking at that server. When I was able to play, no one was on it. I haven't received an e-mail from that guy either (that doesn't look good for the clan).

Lemme know if you (guys) are still serious about it.

Thanks,
Rooster

Cookie - yah, consistency is probably key. And that natural fear, heh.. I know how it is. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Btw, don't feel bad at all if you couldn't tag MarkOfDeath.. he's really good. I see him a lot on INDY.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

Mr Z

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
What are you kidding /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
Of course we're still serious

MarkofDeath is an a$$kicker, he gives everyone a hard time, so don't worry about it. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

[MsR]Evil_Beaver

awaiting the hour or reprisal, your time slips away

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

Thanks for the vote of confidence Rooster and Cookie. Wish I could play against and with you all more. My job hinders prime online time, so I have to log on late at night. My schedule will change...so we can teledance a little more /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Lure the Tiger out of the mountains...
Then run your @ss off fool!

[Ci]Prophetus][PuF][
CAPTURE! Home of CTF map reviews, strategies and Forums.

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
Hi guys, im comming into this real late. But it got me curious. I would like to play against/with you guys. Would this be alright?
If it is, can you email me the server ip? webmaster@digitalhentai.com

Thats my addy.
Im asking for an email because it seems the Unreal forums are MAD slow lately. Never seem to load.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Hey DragonAsh, just join us at #planetunreal in your UT chat browser. Follow someone into a game.

bullet2.gif

hal{PuF}

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
Sure thing.
My email went down anyway.
Dam switching servers and DNS.
Had to go from Linux to Win NT (amen)

good to see the forums working again

ThrasherX9

Dec 5, 1999
Visit site
*sigh*
i've been forgotten, its been so long since ive even played or been on this bored no one remmebers me. /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

My skills have smithered away.......

bullet2.gif

**"Someday we'll look back on this moment and plow into a parked car."-Evan Davis

**"Women need a reason to have sex - men just need a place." - Billy Crystal.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
How's this for a *bump*

I know, hashing up the past again...but:

This is the thread that gave me the idea of having a PuF All Star game in the first place.

I just read through it again, and I also noticed that this is the foundation of clan |C|ondemned.

MsR (The beginning)
ashram
Evil Beaver
DragonAsh
Rooster

Hey Rooster, why haven't you got Hal in your clan? Oh yeah, like he said here 5 months ago, he's still working but should have some time freed up soon ;).