PuF CTF Dream Team? (I know, we're not a clan)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
6-8 players: CTF

Just my 2¢ - based on how I see player's skills (recently!) (in no particular order) (keep in mind pings can have a lot to do with it):
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>hal (honestly - was surprised our first few games. No idea why I expected less. No offense. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif)
<LI>GunnerX_2000 (recent addition to PuF)
<LI>HWAS (haven't played many games vs - but definitely good)
<LI>Osirus (possible convert)
<LI>Evil_Beaver (hast thou forsook the PuF?)
<LI>Desperado (more of a DM person, plays more CTF recently though?)
<LI>StrangeFish (ditto HWAS - I've not played him much, but was impressed)
<LI>Rooster (Humility isn't my strongpoint /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif)
</UL>

Please, I don't want any hurt feelings here (and I know I'm tempting it just by this post) - but please, don't take this personally (unless you're on the list /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif).

Honestly, I would love to see a game with this group.

------------------
"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

[This message has been edited by Rooster (edited 03-20-2000).]

O

osirus

didnt expect to make it in your list rooster. since my suicide rate goes up by the game =) and i personally dont im good enough to be put next to the names i was in your list....

but if you ever get this group together for a game let me know ill be there.

im an ally to both MyUnreal and PlanetUnreal, these two places milk out the best people ive seen!

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
Thanks for putting me on the list! But where is Voyd? Or does Voyd play 1 on 1 only?

bullet2.gif

"Ph34r 7h3 l337!"
ngUID: 365724

B

BitchSmack

*snickers*

bullet2.gif

"The only thing that makes life
bearable is the knowledge that
some poor bastard has it much
worse than you" - hrdwaremyk³

"Sit! Roll Over! Play dead! Stay that way!" - BitchSmack

VaShooter

The Ol`e man is back
Jan 25, 2000
Chesapeake VA
Visit site
From what i saw last night, Or should i say felt(ouch some of those frags still hurt lol)
that would be a good team.
My reflexes aren`t fast enough thats why I love face lo-grav, I can jump alot.
There are some mighty good players on that list....Sighhh wish I was 20 years younger and my reflexes were faster....LOL

bullet2.gif

He Shoots..He Scores..He gets shot in the back.
new ingame name VaShooter{PuF}

G

GunnerX

Cool! I'm on the list! /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif I didn't expect it since I'm still fairly new. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Was fun playing against Rooster though. Really learned a lot and how to move around. Glad to be on the team.

That's a very strong team there and I definitely wouldn't mind playing with this group!

Evil_Andy

Feb 3, 2000
Visit site
"Osirus a possible convert!" Rooster you know this is tampering....he is currently under contract with MyUnreal and CANNOT be approched until he applies for free-agency at the end of the 2001 season. He has accepted a substantial signing bonus and currently resides in a luxury apartment with a T1 line and state of the art gaming rig. You are hereby forbidden to engage in negotiations of any sort with Osirus. Any posts or games he participates in with PUF is on a "exhibition" basis only.

PS - I hear there's a kid out of Central America that's blazing up th NG World Stats ladder...maybe you can scap him up. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Evil_Andy

Feb 3, 2000
Visit site
"Osirus a possible convert!" Rooster you know this is tampering....he is currently under contract with MyUnreal and CANNOT be approched until he applies for free-agency at the end of the 2001 season. He has accepted a substantial signing bonus and currently resides in a luxury apartment with a T1 line and state of the art gaming rig. You are hereby forbidden to engage in negotiations of any sort with Osirus. Any posts or games he participates in with PUF is on a "exhibition" basis only.

PS - I hear there's a kid out of Central America that's blazing up th NG World Stats ladder...maybe you can scap him up. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Too funny Monster_O... /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

Good games last night btw.

Yeah, Voyd only (mostly) plays DM, and typically 1v1. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

[This message has been edited by Rooster (edited 03-20-2000).]

The_Ruiner

Masterful
Rooster I am truly hurt. You must have missed that Sun. night game against Ci's finest where I fragged with the best em'. I seem to recall spanking Nigma, Skumboy (not sure he is a member yet),and Sem quite a few times. It was only that damn Fem-bot and Cookiemonster that I couldn't seem to draw a beed on. Though they had no problem drawing one on me. He he he. Oh well, maybe one day I'll win your appreciation.. :cool: -R

bullet2.gif

This is the strangest life, I've ever known

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
That's a nice compliment, Rooster. Unfortunately as my playing time has diminished due to work...so have my abilities.

I've participated in some great games with most of the people that post here.

Anyone ever watch L_S shock combo like a mad-man? How about Rooster telefragging yer @ss several times per match? Or Voyd swooping in from places unknown to lay a few Rockets on your head?

Let's hear a few stories of someone you know here that played a great game. C'mon everybody...beats the hell out of that trash-talking spam! /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm Godlike dammit!

hal{PuF}

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
I'll make that dream team yet...

Here's my Dream Team:
-Voyd -- he's still a PuFfer (since he posts here), but he doesn't participate in matches /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif
-Rooster -- Great defender, and good at hunting down flag carriers
-Hal -- Great defender
-Prophetus -- Haven't seen much of him, but he's a pretty good all-around player
-LordKhaine -- At 500 ping and less, he is deadly.
-CookieMnstr -- I think I capture alot of flags in desperate situations (just ask UD, and anyone who played in the first two PuF vs MyUnreal games)

I've never seen Evil Beaver, but I hear he's pretty good. I haven't seen HWAS much, and haven't seen enough of Gunner_X, Desperado, StrangeFish, VaShooter, Morgan, and The_Ruiner...

BTW, if Osirus were a PuF he'd be on my list, too. But let's not take him from MyUnreal -- they deserve to grow a little.

All this being said, I played with UD against SM on Saturday, and I think we have a little ways to go before we are truly hot stuff...

BTW Roost, you left off a lot of Euro players...

bullet2.gif

Who's gonna be the odd man out? I want to be the odd man out.
-- [Ci]CookieMnstr|PuF

StrangeFish

Feb 22, 2000
Manchester, CT, 06040
Visit site
Thanks for putting me on the list, I'm honored and more then a little surprised. The only game both you and I were in last night was faces, and it wasn't my best performance, and I seem to be getting outclassed in several recent matches.

I've definately put the shock rifle on the list of weapons I need to get better with. That combo keeps pasting me, and I've got no idea how you guys that do it pull it off so easily.

bullet2.gif

Looks like a fish. Moves like a fish. Steers like a cow.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Cookie, like I said.. ping has a lot to do with it. I don't get to play with the Euro guys much. Although I can ping well out there, they tend not to join the games I'm in (understandable, as they would ping pretty high).

Cookie, you were REALLY close to being on the list. Just keep working on those DM skills.

The reason I left off Voyd - was he doesn't play CTF enough to consider (he was gonna be 1st - but with this in mind, I decided people that actually play CTF should be on the list).

I didn't include L_S, cause I said recently. I hope L_S gets his DSL soon so we can see him more. Once he gets back on his feet he'd definitely be on the team. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Voyd & Liquid_Sin were the two reasons I picked up the shock rifle and learned how to use it. (Now everyone knows who to blame!).

Ruiner.. I havent seen you play CTF much. As opposed to quite a few games with Gunner, StrangeFish and HWAS in the last week. Like I said.. no offense.

Prophetus - yes, definitely good... but I don't see enough of him! Same with Palomides!

I'm sure LK & Z would do much better given lower pings. (Hence my disclaimer at the top).

Remember, this is only based on who I've seen play recently - but I guess Hal left a permanent image in my brain: Again, I was surprised... no idea why.

For those of you I didn't mention... please, no hard feelings - I don't get to play with everyone - and my brain being as it is, I don't get to remember all instances of all the games. /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

Thanks for listening though!

bullet2.gif

N

NIGMA666

*sigh*

Ill try harder next time.....

-=666=-

bullet2.gif

"You must show no mercy, nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you, for your greatness will silence them all."
[Ci]NIGMA666|PuF

G

GunnerX

I'd actually give a vote for Cookie. I've played quite a few games with him and I have to say he's good. Way waaay better than me. That's for sure.

-GunnerX_2000

StrangeFish

Feb 22, 2000
Manchester, CT, 06040
Visit site
I have to agree with GunnerX. Cookie managed to capture the flag several times under difficult circumstances last night. I was impressed to say the least. Cookie's probably of more use then I am.

bullet2.gif

Looks like a fish. Moves like a fish. Steers like a cow.

[This message has been edited by StrangeFish (edited 03-20-2000).]

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Hey, how come I'm not on the list
/me goes off to pout...Oooohhh..Bright shiny thing!!

/me forgets what he was pouting about and plays with shiny

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM