Post your PC specs...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evc

Represent
Dec 22, 2001
Dreamland
www.fastlanehw.com
Originally posted by "Sp!ke"
well, itll give you enough power to run q4...
Q4 isnt out yet...:eek:

"Clockspeed(MHz) ISNT everything"

It isnt everything, so what? It shure helps the overall performance of the chip...
I never said it didnt help, because it does.

"If spending more for less power is your thing, then by all means go for Intel."

Power in this case would be energy, right? Since the 0,13 micron tech obviously demands less power and would give you superior performance to any current AMD chip.
Dont be a wiseguy;)

50fps more, big whoop, like you can tell the difference between 150 and 200fps:rolleyes:

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
"Next month Intel will have a better chip. Then the next month it will be AMD. This is a GOOD thing."

Its called competition and at the moment Intel is leading, but some(everybody but me it seems) dont understand that at the moment INTEL IS IN THE PUCKING LEAD!!!
That's because I'm looking at their line as a whole, not that one chip that was the most recent to be released.

Fomhoire

Internet Addict
Dec 24, 2000
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
When Intel's chips can do as much work as AMD's chips, then they will be in the lead.

Simply because Intel has a chip running at 2Ghz does not put them in the lead. It is the amount of work done per clock cycle that matters.

And it will be interesting to see the benchmarks of the Athlon XP 2000 against the 2Ghz Intel.

And if you think EVERYBODY is trying to explain this to you....why don't you stop and think it is because you might be wrong?

"Next month Intel will have a better chip. Then the next month it will be AMD. This is a GOOD thing."

Its called competition and at the moment Intel is leading, but some(everybody but me it seems) dont understand that at the moment INTEL IS IN THE PUCKING LEAD!!!

&

"Sp!ke"

First of all: Iam never wrong...(Imho)

"And it will be interesting to see the benchmarks of the Athlon XP 2000 against the 2Ghz Intel. "

Well, the XP will most likely win that one, but by then there will be P4 2,5ghz so whats youre point?*edit* the XP2000 was released today at 1,67ghz, but 2,2ghz P4s are also out so..*edit*

"Simply because Intel has a chip running at 2Ghz does not put them in the lead. It is the amount of work done per clock cycle that matters."

No, its the fps in Quake that matters, or any other benchmark result, which as I have proven with my pretty pics that P4 is superior to the XP.

"Q4 isnt out yet..."

And what is your point? My point: the P4 will run it better than the XP.

Evc

Represent
Dec 22, 2001
Dreamland
www.fastlanehw.com

"And it will be interesting to see the benchmarks of the Athlon XP 2000 against the 2Ghz Intel. "

Well, the XP will most likely win that one, but by then there will be P4 2,5ghz so whats youre point?*edit* the XP2000 was released today at 1,67ghz, but 2,2ghz P4s are also out so..*edit*

"Simply because Intel has a chip running at 2Ghz does not put them in the lead. It is the amount of work done per clock cycle that matters."

No, its the fps in Quake that matters, or any other benchmark result, which as I have proven with my pretty pics that P4 is superior to the XP.

"Q4 isnt out yet..."

Never wrong, well thats the best joke Ive heard all day, thanks :lol::lol:

You still dont seem to understand that MHz/GHz doesnt mean faster, now if AMD has a 2.5GHz Athlon XP, it will slaughter the P4 2.5GHz in everything.. seeing how the 1900+ beast the P4 2GHz..

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
1.4GHz AMD Athlon @ 1.6GHz
704mb CAS2 PC133 SDRAM (Some day I'll get DDR. :) )
20GB HDD
4 GB HDD
36 GB HDD
Voodoo 5 5500 AGP 64mb Graphics Card
Soundblaster Live! 5.1
19" Trinitron Monitor
16x10x32 TDK Burner.
56gay modem.

purice

coon dog
Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
damn, Maverick. i hope you have a delta and a nice heat sink. those ceramic 1400s get pretty toasty even at stock speeds.

nice rig :)

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV

"Q4 isnt out yet..."

Give me a link to your crappy little benchmarks that say the P4 is better than the XP. I'll give you a bunch of links once you give me yours that proves the XP is much better than the P4.

You want to know what's wrong with the P4?
Either the Processor doesn't take advantage of the RAM (800MHz RDRAM RDRAM sucks anyways, and a 400MHz FSB on the processor) or the RAM doesn't take advantage of the processor Speed (PC133 SDRAM and a 400MHz FSB)

Another thing better about the XP is that it has 9 pipelines instead of six, so it doesn't have to have as high of a frequency as the crappy P4.
The 1.6XP is better than the 2.0P4, because it pushes more without as much effort.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Forgot to mention that the +1900 and the +1700 aren't the MHz speeds. Both are under 1.6Ghz. the +2000 will have a 1.6GHz frequency.

The numbers are model numbers, not speed.

Evc

Represent
Dec 22, 2001
Dreamland
www.fastlanehw.com
Originally posted by DRT-Maverick
Forgot to mention that the +1900 and the +1700 aren't the MHz speeds. Both are under 1.6Ghz. the +2000 will have a 1.6GHz frequency.

The numbers are model numbers, not speed.
The 1900+ is 1.6GHz and the 1700+ is 1.466GHz, and they both spank the P4:D

Status
Not open for further replies.