Picture of you thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
There's a reason for it, gasmasks have a much tighter fit on your hairless face than on a full beard.

That may be so but it's not like it's impossible to get one on with some facial hair.

There's no reason for the grooming standard to be as strict as it is, that's my only complaint. My sideburns and goaT are filled out but kept close, they wouldn't do much to hinder a gasmask.

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
Yeah, B's right about the facial hair in the military.

Facial hair which extends under the seal of a gas mask creates tiny leaks which would obviously be detrimental.

TossMonkey said:
Isn't that the reason why Hitler had to trim his moustache to what we recognise today?

It is.

Last edited:

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
iamdennycranexi1.jpg

Giant hair bows and stubble together at last.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Facial hair which extends under the seal of a gas mask creates tiny leaks which would obviously be detrimental.

We've had gas masks since before WW1 but we still can't make a version that fits tightly around some thin facial hair?

The grooming standard should at least allow hair that doesn't extend under the seal and/or is kept thin.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
They probably enforce the grooming standards more in basic for disciplinary reasons. There are certainly enough pictures of high-ranked soldiers with mustaches and other beards.

Alternatively, join the Navy SEALs or some other special forces outfit. Having a huge beard is practically a requirement there and the dress code is more relaxed as well :)

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
Never thought I'd ever really post in this thread.

This is me and my sister dressing up for a Halloween costume party. I'm the one dressed as the Hulk (Wooo captain obvious), she could not possibly have missed the mark more for a scary costume :p.

simonhulkja8.jpg

This next one is on holiday one time. With me dressing as tropically as I could :D Throwing my best macho-man pose. (Afterwards I have to fend women off with sticks).

img2929smallie6.jpg

Both of these are slightly on the embarrassing side >.>
But photos of me are few and far between.

Last edited by a moderator: