Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
That's what I need. I cannot get all the dust off my sensor, even though it has auto-cleaning shake-a-ma-jigg action when I turn off the the camera.

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Hazel inspired me to take some macro shots. I found little "friend" who was busy with his flowers.

florabee.jpg

florabee2.jpg

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I love it Crotale. Especially the blotchyness of the background and the bee, like an impressionist painting.

~Jason

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Nice Sid. You did a really nice job with the composition. It feels balanced and gives the viewers eye a flowing path to follow. :)

Thanks mate though its excessively shooped.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Macro Shots!?

[SCREENSHOT]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3371/3473465411_687bceb5c0_o.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3659/3473472473_7104c4056d_o.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3581/3474281430_1f44d78951_o.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Doggone it Slain, those look great!

Here's one more shot of mine from this morning.

[screenshot]http://www.acliffhanger.com/photos/morning.jpg[/screenshot]

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
That is a great shot BBA. I really mean it's a great shot. I'd sell that to a postcard company or something. One of your best imo. The colors, the wet ground, and then the subject (the bike) in perfect contrast and composition.

BBA, damn dude, you always get the cool shots.

BBA you should film a movie in the style of your photos. I'd watch it. :tup:

Nice idea. Throw in some jazz music. Or some Thumping European Trance.. what ever floats your boat.

Thanks guys. :)

OO7MIKE: Taking pictures is one thing. Shooting a film is totally something else. I do like Cinematography though. I know a lot of people think the movie Lost In Translation is gay, but the shots in that move and the fact that they only used natural light for most of the shots made it one of the more amazingly shot movies IMO.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I haven't checked my JpgMag account in a while, but one of my photos I posted a while ago is in a group to get published in an upcoming edition of the mag, so please vote for it here if you have an account, and if you don't make one and vote for me. :D

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Hazel inspired me to take some macro shots. I found little "friend" who was busy with his flowers.
florabee.jpg
Fantastic. Can you elaborate the post processing?

Macro Shots!?

Nice work, man. The second one absolutely rocks!

Here's one more shot of mine from this morning.

[screenshot]http://www.acliffhanger.com/photos/morning.jpg[/screenshot]
Beautiful!

I haven't checked my JpgMag account in a while, but one of my photos I posted a while ago is in a group to get published in an upcoming edition of the mag, so please vote for it here if you have an account, and if you don't make one and vote for me. :D
Done. That ones a fantastic shot!

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I photo I took of my wife yesterday. All I told her to do was lean up against our bed, which is what you see in the background.

Ahh, I love my flash. Bounced off the ceiling with natural light coming through the window behind her.

ginasmall.jpg

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Thanks guys. :)

OO7MIKE: Taking pictures is one thing. Shooting a film is totally something else. I do like Cinematography though. I know a lot of people think the movie Lost In Translation is gay, but the shots in that move and the fact that they only used natural light for most of the shots made it one of the more amazingly shot movies IMO.

I totally agree, I went to school for 4 years to be a film maker... only to abandon everything in favor of photography which was my minor. Photography is much less expensive to get into and produce professional results. One can easily have a complete studio with sweet gear for $30-50k. Video is more expensive and you may have to spend $50-100k to get professional results. Of course nobody does this... I could trade all of my gear in for a New Kia... I am still able to achieve professional results.

Moving on.. A lot of the new DSLR and consumer cameras are now supporting HD on the cheap. Compression, stablization, horrible audio, and slow auto focus being the boon of their existence. Still, it is possible to produce high quality video on the cheap if you know what you are doing. You can still process your video in the same manor that you do with your photos. Even if you have to batch process every video frame you have in photoshop.. what ever it takes to get it done!

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I photo I took of my wife yesterday. All I told her to do was lean up against our bed, which is what you see in the background.

Ahh, I love my flash. Bounced off the ceiling with natural light coming through the window behind her.

Excellent shot :)
Processing is good, lighting is good. I'd like to see less of her hair and more of her neck and torso.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I totally agree, I went to school for 4 years to be a film maker... only to abandon everything in favor of photography which was my minor. Photography is much less expensive to get into and produce professional results. One can easily have a complete studio with sweet gear for $30-50k. Video is more expensive and you may have to spend $50-100k to get professional results. Of course nobody does this... I could trade all of my gear in for a New Kia... I am still able to achieve professional results.

Moving on.. A lot of the new DSLR and consumer cameras are now supporting HD on the cheap. Compression, stablization, horrible audio, and slow auto focus being the boon of their existence. Still, it is possible to produce high quality video on the cheap if you know what you are doing. You can still process your video in the same manor that you do with your photos. Even if you have to batch process every video frame you have in photoshop.. what ever it takes to get it done!

Yeah, I have a friend that did the same, but he met some others out in L.A. and they started their own production company and now have a lot of projects and are doing well.

Yeah, you could just record the sound seperate, and put it together later. Actually you guys gave me an idea that I might to a test with tomorrow. I am thinking about shooting a continuous sequence of shots until the buffer runs out and the process each shot in "my style," and then put them together into a movie in sequence and see what it looks like. We will see.... Might be cool, maybe not.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Yeah, I have a friend that did the same, but he met some others out in L.A. and they started their own production company and now have a lot of projects and are doing well.

Yeah, you could just record the sound seperate, and put it together later. Actually you guys gave me an idea that I might to a test with tomorrow. I am thinking about shooting a continuous sequence of shots until the buffer runs out and the process each shot in "my style," and then put them together into a movie in sequence and see what it looks like. We will see.... Might be cool, maybe not.

I've done a few time lapse movies in the past with excellent results. I can give you a few hints:

If your doing a time lapse film use:
Tripod
Remote Trigger (some have time lapse timers on them so you dont have to keep clicking for hours)
A big enough CF Card or tether it to a laptop. (Canon's software has a time lapse mode)

As long as there is no human contact with the camera your stills will not be shaking around.

If your planning on running the buffer up I recommend shooting in SMALL JPG format. You can shoot a heck of a lot more frames this way. Also be aware that shutter clicks put wear and tear on your shutter and that simply spraying away will shorten the life span of your camera. Most cameras shutter lifespan will run 50k clicks. Newer cameras like the 30d or higher are rated at 100k. 1d series are rated around 200,000+ None of this guarantees you will even get 10k clicks of of your camera before failing.. its only a rating like the one on your Cars tires. Clicks will also lower your resale value. Experienced photographers want to know :)

I don't mean to discourage you from the project. By all means do it! Personally, I would choose to use a camera that isn't your primary.