Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Initially I was looking at about $800, but that was based off the decent deal on the 7D. I did look into the IQ on some DPReviews, and the difference between the 7D and 100D appeared very small, almost negligible, which indicates to me that the 100D would be a huge upgrade over my current camera, and I'd not be out of all that much money then. My one problem with the 100D is that it's tiny. Reviewers say that it's okay though, so I might just go for that one.
I wanna stay with Canon because of the lenses I've got.

Nikon doesn't know what the fuck they are doing these days anyway. I like Canon lenses better too. If you can swing it, I would recommend going full-frame. Having a 50mm be a real 50mm and not 70mm is better for a number of reasons. I would spend the extra cash and plan on using this camera for a while.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Nikon doesn't know what the fuck they are doing these days anyway. I like Canon lenses better too. If you can swing it, I would recommend going full-frame. Having a 50mm be a real 50mm and not 70mm is better for a number of reasons. I would spend the extra cash and plan on using this camera for a while.
I can't really justify blowing that much money on a camera these days. I guess I could have a look around for a used one, but most full frames are $2000+ from new I think. Also right now it's still just a hobby for me. I really enjoy it though, which is why I wanna update. My general goal is to get a new camera with 18MP and decent IQ, which is why I mention the 100D.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I can't really justify blowing that much money on a camera these days. I guess I could have a look around for a used one, but most full frames are $2000+ from new I think. Also right now it's still just a hobby for me. I really enjoy it though, which is why I wanna update. My general goal is to get a new camera with 18MP and decent IQ, which is why I mention the 100D.
If you can spend $1000, I would hold out for the 750D or 760D. They are new and are both 24MP. The 100D is already a few years old, so I'd wait for the reviews and then decide off that.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
If you can spend $1000, I would hold out for the 750D or 760D. They are new and are both 24MP. The 100D is already a few years old, so I'd wait for the reviews and then decide off that.
Good call. As you said, the MP doesn't matter too much, but the small size of the 100D is a bit discouraging. I have fairly large hands.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
That's just how it came out. The film actually looked like that. Are you on a Mac by chance? For some reason on my iphone and PC it looks the same as I embeded a color profile, but on my Mac it looks more pink for some reason. :hmm:
Nope, but my monitor, (like all but the newest macs) has an antiquated color profile which would explain things. In most cases it looks fine. In this case it almost looks like you applied an infrared filter.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Nope, but my monitor, (like all but the newest macs) has an antiquated color profile which would explain things. In most cases it looks fine. In this case it almost looks like you applied an infrared filter.

Why would they do that? Is it so all Macs will give back the same colors with zero need to have to configure it? This has bothered me for a while about Macs. They always over saturate colors and hues are off. So I guess they have fixed this in recent hardware releases?

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Why would they do that? Is it so all Macs will give back the same colors with zero need to have to configure it? This has bothered me for a while about Macs. They always over saturate colors and hues are off. So I guess they have fixed this in recent hardware releases?
I don't know really either, but by default Macs have used appleRGB.icc (which is at least 15 years old) but for the past 8 years or so directed people to develop for genericRGB.icc. I am not sure when the change occurred, I don't deal with many macs often, but I have had to work on my little sisters new mac and one belonging to a coworker here recently. Both of which are under a year old. They were both using genericRGB.icc which is ironically way more accurate then appleRGB IMO.