New XCOM Trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
IGN posts our first peek at the upcoming XCOM shooter built on UE3. As a non-player of the original XCOM games (mostly because I find TBS extremely boring), I think the trailer makes the gameplay look interesting and intense. The trailer has nice music and the game has a unique graphical look that is slightly similar to Bioshock. What do you think?

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
An X-Com shooter just can't be good. Besides, how can it be X-Com if the game is set in the middle of 20th century where X-Com hasn't even been founded yet? Looks like a cheap Bioshock reskin. I can already imagine the research is replaced by some gimmick like the camera in Bioshock. All in all, this trailer, the art style and the enemies in the trailer make me feel so bad :(

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It doesn't say it's limited to USA, only that some of the missions are there. Although I agree that it's highly likely that all of the missions will be there. Ah well, it would be interesting to see other countries none the less.
The way it looks, it will all be in one town.