New Epic Game In The Works

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Lol @ Wall Street Tournament title.

Dynamic economy my ass..

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Look at Valve as an example of the opposite.

Not at all opposite. There are Source engine games with Activision, EA, and MS logos on them, some worth having and some that are pretty horrible. It just has a very weak presence in the engine market because the only major titles using it with a large publicity budget and pull to their name are made by Valve themselves. Once Source2 comes out I'd say Valve is very likely to start aggressively promoting it to compete with UE, Cryengine, and Unity. Then we can complain about the crappy mainstream games using UE, Cryengine, Unity, idtech, and Source2.

Last edited:

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
idtech is pretty much used only by Bethesda now, unless you count Call of Duty games. However these were branched off so long ago, that they can now call it their own engine.

Anewbis

Oct 27, 2013
We will never get another FPS from epic with editor and mod support.

My thoughts exactly. As one of the only AAA title producing companies I still have a little respect for, Epic will no long have my support if this becomes true.

I will never buy their games again.

I will never again tell everyone how awesome ue4 is.

I will never acknowledge anything they promise.

I am so sick of this microtransaction/DLC bs lately. Epic, the company that threw the "make something unreal contest," about to go full retard and and keep everything in-house. EA did it, 2kGames did it, Valve did it, Activision did it, Square Enix did it, IGP did it, Gaijin did it, Ubisoft did it, thus I guess they think it's about time they did, too.

There are enough idiots in the gaming marketplace now that it has become a total sellers market, with almost no say involving game content, pricing, etc. Only indie game companies succumb to the will of the players.

Who is with me on starting a Gamers' Union!?

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
UC and UC2 were console products. UC2 wasn't even just a shooter, but also included melee fighting components. Real "arena shooters" don't work on consoles due to suboptimal input devices, and somehow I can't imagine Epic working on a tactical shooter.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Two cliches I hope it doesn't follow - Modern Day Shooper + Loot Game, and I hope it isn't playing off the whole 'survival' craze that's been going around lately.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
UC and UC2 were console products. UC2 wasn't even just a shooter, but also included melee fighting components. Real "arena shooters" don't work on consoles due to suboptimal input devices, and somehow I can't imagine Epic working on a tactical shooter.

Quake 3 actually works surprisingly well on the 360, although the multiplayer component was broken-as-fuck.

No auto-aim, game still runs at Q3A speeds (it's a fairly 1-1 port), and yet you can still hit things.

Two cliches I hope it doesn't follow - Modern Day Shooper + Loot Game, and I hope it isn't playing off the whole 'survival' craze that's been going around lately.

lolfortnite

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Q3A on 360 - with a gamepad? If you only play against other gamepad players, that's no problem. But if anyone has mouse and keyboard as input device, the average gamepad users will find themselves blown to giblets most of the time.