MAPS BUILT CUSTOM FOR YOU

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Ntwarr said:
Btw i'm noly make maps for unreal tournament game of the year editon only sorry Current project : ntwarr's 1on1 map pack ...

UT99 is the original UT yours is UT GOTY edition, meaning it's exactly the same, but goty edition has most bonuspacks already included as for other extra's, nothing more really.

Ntwarr said:
gee i'm just thinking nobody ever going to join this forum of mine!

nice try it's custom UT GOTY
I joined your forum... I just lost the link.

And BTW, hey! punkkipper! I know you're a good mapper with some hidden talents but no one here in NaliCity3 (or all of BeyondUnreal) make maps to get paid. Unless you're an official Epic licensee, YOU CAN'T MAP FOR MONEY. Mapping is for the happy... errr... is that right? Why, yes it is. Everyone maps for fun, not for money. And oh yeah, Epic (as far as I know) has an agreement concerning the selling of maps.

Ntwarr

Slayer Blade
Aug 4, 2004
Tradious
www.s3.invisionfree.com

arkitek

Oct 11, 2004
Mapping for fun and for Globalgamingservers.com

Well if you guys like making maps for fun can you guys make some maps for my game server. I would like some real city scapes maps. Like New York, Atlanta, St. Louis, LA and they have real land marks that players can recognize. I will feature the map on our game server at Globalgamingservers.com. If any body is interested let me know.

Thanks,

Altgamer.com

arkitek

Oct 11, 2004
GTD-Carthage said:
I joined your forum... I just lost the link.

And BTW, hey! punkkipper! I know you're a good mapper with some hidden talents but no one here in NaliCity3 (or all of BeyondUnreal) make maps to get paid. Unless you're an official Epic licensee, YOU CAN'T MAP FOR MONEY. Mapping is for the happy... errr... is that right? Why, yes it is. Everyone maps for fun, not for money. And oh yeah, Epic (as far as I know) has an agreement concerning the selling of maps.

Aren't you a licensee if you bought the game. They give you the tools to mod. Post the link to the agreement about selling maps. I would like to read that. I don't think thats fair though if its true.

That's like telling game host that they can't charge clans for hosting games. The mappers are like a web developer or authour he can get paid for the work he develops. He would be using UnrealEd or Maya just as tool. Man make that money!

arkitek said:
Aren't you a licensee if you bought the game. They give you the tools to mod. Post the link to the agreement about selling maps. I would like to read that. I don't think thats fair though if its true.

That's like telling game host that they can't charge clans for hosting games. The mappers are like a web developer or authour he can get paid for the work he develops. He would be using UnrealEd or Maya just as tool. Man make that money!

You get a license to build maps but you don't get a license to sell them. And also, the current Maya included in the UT2k4 CD is PLE-version. Not usable for commerce.

And here's the link to the agreement...

DON'T MAP FOR MONEY

Read Term #3 there to be exact... and especially Term #11 which constitutes the usage of UEd.

Last edited: