Looks like RA is going to be needed in 2.87

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Where the hell would you store all the ammunition? ;)

Besides that, yurch is correct. I finally got sick of the sniper/SWAT team, and all the other tanks struting around, and asked yurch to come up with what basically turned into RAv2.

And it was a complete success. Snipers have the incredible advantage of long distance viewing, but have to deal with the threat of close in threats with nothing but a 9mm, and the idiosyncrasies of using a scope.

As for what dreams may come with the release of 2.87, well, we shall see how it all works out. A picture is worth a thousand words, but it does not explain the whole view.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by ANUBIS199
I dont see why its such a big deal restricting to only one primary. CS junkies bitch about more things then anyone else in the world, and they dont bitch about only one primary.
- There ya go.

It's done in CS, therefore it is bad. :mad:

:p

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
We'll be implementing hard point soon too don't forget. Perhaps would address some more concerns. We would have probably done it for this release as was originally intended, but we'd probably miss our release window if we did.

Also, on the sit down with a robar and SAW combo and just pound the competition...well you can do this in a sense, but the maps have been designed so that you need to be fairly mobile to get into position. Hopefully this will account for your problem there.

Look, wait till it's out, and then feedback...it may not need changes at all......bleh...who am I kidding, it'll need some I'm sure :)

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
Aww... I thought the hardpoint system was going to be in place for 2.87. Oh well... I know for one that I can still enjoy it, even w/o that sytem in place. And Funk is right guys, give 'em a chance before you start wanting to alter the game...

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
haha ya they bitch the opposite... LIGHTER WEAPONS! MORE ACCURACY AT TOP SPEEDS!

ya yurch basicly pointed out everything that would be incredibly realistic.. and still very very fun

for all the morons that keep saying TOO REAL TO BE FUNNN
and YOU WONT BE HAPPY TILL INF KILLS YOU

heres a scale for ya:

Rushing / 286 / cs
Realaim mutator
where we want inf to be and could very well reach....
Where inf would be perfect but cannot reach because of engine
Getting killed when you die in the game

think about it

Sorry forgot to point out..... only poeple who enjoy realism will think this scale is accurate.... those who want to play quake may think the first step is perfect :rolleyes:

OPFOR(SIXPACK)

Feb 27, 2001
#1. Stop with the f ucking Quake arguments. Geezuz.

and #2.
This game is based on regular old soldeirs not spec ops
Is this true?

INF team could square this away - please no speculation from the peanut gallery.

The Real OPFOR

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Technically there's no specification of INF as being a "spec ops" mod, but practically I'd say it's definitely one, given the small numers of players you're limited to in a game. And especially once we get capture/retreive missions (in 2.87), where the scenarios are definitely consistent w/ spec ops missions.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
With all these "spec ops" players running around, It makes you wonder where all the normal soldiers went. Tell me, how often does "spec ops" deploy against an equal force of "spec ops" hostiles?

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
Actually I think you have that backward ... if this game was based on regular old soldiers then you would carry only your primary weapon and thats it. If our loadouts where realistic for a "regular old soldier" you would never have squads where one guy has an M16 while another has an AK and yet another has an FAMAS. If you want "regular old soldier" then everyone would have the same weapons.

From the Infiltration Manual...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for choosing Infiltration, a squad-based, mission intensive, military oriented game
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like Spec Ops to me.

From the Infiltration manual's General Briefing,

Infiltration has a style unlike most military FPS genres in that operational procedure may not be limited to just a covert role. You and your squad may be given such grunt tasks as clearing an area of hostiles, cooperating in attacks on enemy installations, defense of allied equipment and facilities, or general reconnaissance.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Well damn yurch, you just described why TDM is lame. And people always whine about teams, so that's a preference I guess. Now I'm even beginning to worry about 2.87. I don't want to say much till I play it, but you guys make it sound like every gun weighs 100 lbs, and clips, 50 lbs each. I think the sceenshot looks great, and who cares why he has all those guns. It's not unreasonable. And it does seem like the team has been showing off 2.87 tidbits in the screenshot gallery, so that's how I saw it. My test for reality is M16, 9 clips, 8 grenades, and jogging a lap around the EP track. Your INF soldier should still be jogging at the end of one lap unless your outta shape like I am now. You may not need a lot of guns or ammo, but what's wrong with being prepaired? I run out of ammo all the time in INF now. I'd like to be able to carry a lot more clips, and granades. My fingers are crossed for 2.87. Screenshots are looking awsome so far:)
Jaymian

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
1 lap around EP dude, I don't think you've EVER been able to do that since stamina was introduced. That map is just frigin' HUGE.

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Actually in 2.87 you can also jog a lap around EP, even w/ the loadout Jaymian describes. Though again, your jogging speed isn't quite as fast as it would be with a lighter loadout. Which makes sense.

Tell me, how often does "spec ops" deploy against an equal force of "spec ops" hostiles?

Tell me, how often do you get regular infantry battles between only 16 combatants? And if this were to be a regular-infantry sim, we'd indeed have to have teams with enforced standard-issue loadouts, which INF doesn't (and won't) do. Yet a further suggestion we're talking spec ops.

Besides, scenarios where you'd have 2 enemy spec-ops teams going against each other aren't all that implausible.

But again, if there are players who want to play standard-infantry w/ standard-issue loadouts, that's what mutators are for. Enjoy... ;)

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Originally posted by Alpha_9
Tell me, how often do you get regular infantry battles between only 16 combatants? And if this were to be a regular-infantry sim, we'd indeed have to have teams with enforced standard-issue loadouts, which INF doesn't (and won't) do. Yet a further suggestion we're talking spec ops.

How often nowadays does a full company engage another company sized, or larger unit happen?

Hell, from what I've seen, it's usually not even a full platoon. maybe a squad gets engaged. Hell, kosovo was nothing but fireteam engagements.

Actually, I see this argument as kind of pointless. Even a boot soldier knows how to point a M-16 and drop bodies with it. I just see no reason why any one could consider them spec ops. Spec Ops guys aren't all that extra bad ass really. They just receive much more weapon handling training, and alot of tactical training, and a whole lot more field time. Just because someone uses an MP-5 loadout doesn't make them a Navy seal. And just becuase a guy carries only an M-16 does not mean he is not Recon, or GB's. Alot of "standard" troops recieve additiional weapons training. At any given time, a team may be given a variety of weapons to accomplish a certain mission.

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
haha "stop with the quake arguments"

i dont understand....
you want running around.. what about quake isnt running around?

or for that matter what about inf lite doesnt make you happy?
its got iron sites (i think?) and thats the only argument ive heard so far against liking quake if your a rusher

why do you keep thinking... just cause someone could run arond ep fine... means they WOULD do it during battle?
where ambushes could be anywhere... and enemy soldiers are sniping around evey corner?

fear and the preciousness of staying alive isnt created by letting you have the upper hand while rushing

and its been said before already... "if we can do it we will" so if they want realism.. they have to stop people who thinkg like you
and make restrictions that are real

haha the funniest guy i ever seen was on afa the other day... jackal it was....
first he said " i can sprint for 10 full minutes"
which we all laughed at quite some time....
then he said "why cant we aim while sprinting? i can hit tihngs perfectly fine while i sprint"

which again was just fabulous to listen to

and he ended it off with "damn that compass is useless"
after about 5 rounds that he has seen with many a time poeple have called out contacts using compass directions

hes my hero i tell ya that