Looks like RA is going to be needed in 2.87

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
Originally posted by Doyve the Royve
Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should be able to for the sake of realism. Why don't they add the option of carrying a tent and pegs and a mallet and you can pitch your tent when you find suitable ground? You could do it, but that doesn't mean you should be able to do it in the game.

Unrealisitic restrictions to promote realistic gameplay are not a good thing. What needs to be done is ensuring taking that loadout puts you at a disadvantage, making you the fool for taking it in the first place

Anyway, isn't the bulk system being refined for 2.87? This shouldn't be an issue

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
depending on the situation the sniper of a KSK-group (KSK=german special forces) carries a H&K G36 and his Arctic Warfare sniper-rifle. I don't know if they also carry another sidearm but they definitely carry two "primaries".

IMHO the team is right not to restrict the players loadout.

TitanBlue

Last edited:

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Originally posted by G-Fresh

Unrealisitic restrictions to promote realistic gameplay are not a good thing. What needs to be done is ensuring taking that loadout puts you at a disadvantage, making you the fool for taking it in the first place

Anyway, isn't the bulk system being refined for 2.87? This shouldn't be an issue

G-Fresh nothing personel but you just contradicted yourself in two sentences. You say restrictions on unrealistic gameplay are not good yet two sentences later you say the loadout should put you at a disadvantage. Huh?

Anyhoo I didnt mean this thread for the INF community in general. It was really aimed towards the AFA server members and the future GD server members.

And just to counter point some of your above arguments, what major military in the world issures its run of the mill snipers all that hardware? This game is based on regular old soldeirs not spec ops, and even then I dont think any spec ops carry all that gear. Hence it does behoove the game to allow so many weapons. But like someone above stated, the team allows it, so go for it, and like I said, this was meant for AFA. We were discussing the other day wether AFA was going to need RA in 2.87 and I supplied the answer.

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
Originally posted by {GD}NTKB
G-Fresh nothing personel but you just contradicted yourself in two sentences. You say restrictions on unrealistic gameplay are not good yet two sentences later you say the loadout should put you at a disadvantage. Huh?

Is it physically possible to carry all those weapons? Yes
Is it feasible? No

You should be able to carry them, but the bulk should restrict your movement as to make it stupid to even consider doing it

Now I contradicted myself, where was that again?

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Ive allready quoted your contradiction.... Why do it again? Its not a matter of what is feasable or not when a soldier doesnt decide how much gear he is going to bring into a firefight. Ive allready made my point. There is no need to continue discussing the same issues.

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
In 2.87 you'll have an incentive to carry light loadouts if you want to be quick on your feet. You can carry a multiple-primary loadout of you want, but you'll also be as slow as a tank. So that's your tradeoff.

Seems to me though if Real Aim is going to evolve more into a loadout-managing mutator, maybe it should be re-named... ;)

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
Let's go back shall we?

Originally posted by {GD}NTKB
You say restrictions on unrealistic gameplay are not good yet two sentences later you say the loadout should put you at a disadvantage. Huh?

The statements that unrealistic restrictions are bad, and realistic restrictions are good are not contrary to each other, therefore I have not contradicted myself

Unrealistic restrictions, such as being limited to carry 1 rifle, when it is physically possible to carry more than that, are bad. Realistic restrictions, like having your movement restricted heavily by carrying more than 1 rifle, are good

Do you understand now?

And thank you Alpha_9 for confrming that.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
In 2.87 you'll have an incentive to carry light loadouts if you want to be quick on your feet. You can carry a multiple-primary loadout of you want, but you'll also be as slow as a tank. So that's your tradeoff.

Although i cant argue with someone in there own house I must repeat the reason RA restricts more than one primary is the above stated comment: Soldeirs in real life dont why in the game? Its not wiether RA is better or not but thats the way we personally want to play.

Seems to me though if Real Aim is going to evolve more into a loadout-managing mutator, maybe it should be re-named... ;)

Heh. I didnt even make it or really cant speak for it. Just making conversation. Although yeah it might have to be renamed. Anyway Alpha let me ask you a question.

In 2.87 does your stance affect your aim? For instance if you go prone will your gun be much steadier than in standing position? That is a sweet effect I liked about RA.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
I think the problem is this:

Until there is a way to truly simulate the awkwardness (not just slower movement) involved with carrying multiple primarys and too many grenades and such, this will be an issue. Weight is not the only thing involved. You have to factor in noise, ease of movement, ease of weapon switching and use, concealability....etc....etc....

And don't forget:

There are real life restrictions for what weapons a grunt in can carry into the field. I don't think any military in the world will allow a grunt to just walk into the armory and take whatever he feels like taking that day. If this were the case, don't you think that some real infantry men would transform themselves into walking armories too? Or are they trained to know better? I think that even if a soldier was allowed to take whatever he wanted into the field, the latter would apply.

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
Man, sometimes I think you guys won't happy until INF takes you out back and shoots you in the arm.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Awwww come on Jaeg if INF didnt make us happy then we wouldnt be here dude. Everyone has there own idea how INF should be! Dont let us get you down its just a discussion not a putdown. ;)

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
Actually I was mocking how ridiculous some of your reasoning came off as. It's just a game, it's just a game, it's just a game....:)

Dec 18, 2000
home.hot.rr.com
You know how frustrating this game would be if it was super uber mega realistic? I just hope I don't have to bind a key to take piss ;) Just remember guys that there is a very fine line between realism and fun. First and foremost in my mind, fun is the deciding factor. Then again if realism is fun to you........*rambles on incoherently

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Originally posted by -=SDS=- Lust
You know how frustrating this game would be if it was super uber mega realistic? I just hope I don't have to bind a key to take piss ;) Just remember guys that there is a very fine line between realism and fun. First and foremost in my mind, fun is the deciding factor. Then again if realism is fun to you........*rambles on incoherently

Dude the whole point of being frsutrated by the guyw ith the Robar and MP5 is that You shoot at him from long range and BAM he robars you. You get in close and ratatatatatata your dead by the MP5. So what if you cant move fast? You dont need too. Someone trys from far you Robar him he gets close you MP5 him. Woopdefuc<b></b>king doo!

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
ya nt you were quite wrong against gfresh there... hah

what he said made perfect sense

i think the reason were all getting bent outa shape on this more then one primary thing.. is cause it WASNT done properly in 286

it was such a minor hit to take a giant sniper rifle with your main gun AND EVERYBODY DID IT

for christ sake they still could rush around with both of them!

if they did it right.. that would mean NO PRONE for that guy in the picture!
unless he wants a perminent indent on his chest

also im hoping that man wouldnt be able to take ANY armor... PLUS be less then half the stamina of a one primary'er

if thats the case.. then yes im all for more then one primary!
yay for slow useless targets!

i also hope that sligning weapons takes more time... cause that robar guy could be sniping.. and soon as he sees someone.. he might even have time to sling that robar....unsling his mp5... and shoot down the incoming before the other guy even identifies as enemy... ahhh thats bad it should take time to sling and unsling

hehe one mroe hope... NADES ARENT SO DAMN HEAVY

on afa its nice to take like 10 nades.. thats about right.. when all else you ahve is a DE ? thats perfect

however that does scare me also people that take rifles and launcers? i mean thats the bomber on the team is for.. why on earth would you all need one

i think instead of taking EVERYTHING youll ever need... they should emphasize picking up weapons alot more

im quite sure RA will need a new version too... if not just for the scope effects

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Good lord, these threads pop up overnight.
Good lord, I hope not.

Heres the story behind the weapon restrictions:
Storm asked for them.
I put them on.
I ****in loved it. So there. :p

bastardb

Dec 11, 2001
canada
Visit site
haha ya who the hell are you to tell someone what they should name there chunk of code?

if i make a mutator to drop attractive prostitutes all over the map and call it FLYING MONKEYS

im certainly not gonna call it whatever YOU think i should call it