Left 4 Dead 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Preloaded. Not that I think this will be a much better game than the previous one, I'm just looking forward to playing a game with you guys again.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Agreed, give us something we can work on together. We could always play Bejeweled...:lol:

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Preloaded

Ok so this comes out next Tuesday. What is everyones schedule around the holiday looking like? I have off work the 23rd, 26th and 27th. We could make some good progress on achievements and whatnot on black friday or something. I don't think any of you are crazy enough to actually go shopping on black friday... right? :lol:

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
You know, I might just be around on Black Friday, because my sister has to work. That means it will be unlikely that I'll be doing anything with the family that day. I'll have to confirm that, of course.

Until then, Saturdays will be the best time to get major minutes, but Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights I'm just filling the time by playing whatever right now.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I'm just filling the time by playing whatever right now.
Jason, you mean that awesome game Bejeweled... Atleast its not NEOPETS LOL:lol:

I am off all Thanksgiving Week, not planning on going anywhere. Count me in for everyday.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
I don't think any of you are crazy enough to actually go shopping on black friday... right? :lol:

I'm not, but the wife is... I'll have to confirm as well.

Until then, Saturdays will be the best time to get major minutes, but Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights I'm just filling the time by playing whatever right now.

I'm back playing Neverwinter Nights, Assassin's Creed, and I'll play L4D once in a while... but the people that have been playing lately are nerve-wracking. I even lost one of my friends because of another one of my friends' big mouth. :rolleyes:
After L4D2 and GW2 (if it comes out before Christmas), I don't know how long it will be before I pick up something new.
Dragon Age was looking good until I found out it was only single player. :404:

Last edited:

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Achievement Tips.

Hint: Stache Whacker Achievement

In part 4 of Dark Carnival, look for well-lit Whac-A-Mole-like arcade game near the start. Activate the button on the front of it and attack the Moustachios that pop up with a melee weapon. At a score of 46, the game will break -- you may need to continue a few times. When it breaks, you'll get the Stache Wacker Achievement (be "faster than Moustachio"). Also, the game will attract zombies.
IGN Guides
Hint: Guardin' Gnome Achievement

In part 2 of Dark Carnival you'll come across a well-lit shooting range with carnival mascot Moustachio emblazoned on it. Also note the yard gnome in the box -- your prize for getting 750 points. Get this high score by activating the game (via the red button) and shooting everyone but the blue peanut (you'll lose points if you hit this target!). Hit the yellow and green Moustachio target for extra points. The gnome (which you may recognize from Half-Life 2 Episode 2) will be released if you get a high score and so will scores of infected, so beware!.

Carry the gnome all the way to the end of the scenario (board the chopper) to unlock the Guardin' Gnome Achievement. You can drop Gnome Chompsky and pick it back up. You can also drop it in a safe room and it will be there after the break. Finally, you can use the gnome to repel zombies as you would with a weapon.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Yikes, that seems almost as bad as sending the gnome to space in HL2 Ep2 (though nothing I've ever seen is quite that bad - that would be the equivalent of carrying the gnome through two or three campaigns).

Anyway, screwing around I almost got the Stache Wacker achievement without knowing it - I was up to 27 before I stopped. I didn't even realize that's how you got that achievement.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Some folks are posting that their Lost Achievments returned. Mine were still there last nite and I am hoping they remain today. Hopefully Steam fixes this problem and everyone gets them back.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I lost 5 yesterday but played the carnival and got them back. Back at 23 of 50. Some of the harder to get achievements like Expert would be messed up to lose.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
More Steam Problems tonite.. Not Syncing, message stated on reconnected that Servers are down for maintenance