JB map pack #2?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ikkuh

Phear the nades
Apr 19, 2005
Just another Dutchie
I don't mean it should be *in* the mappack (maybe I was a bit unclear ;) ), but it would be good if we had 2 things released at the same time. It would be an even larger easter present then = even more JB p1mpage :D

but I'll just continue it and see what happens :)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
I'm not sure that is realistic.

I'm waiting for Chrome and Atlantis to be fixed, and to hear whether Stalwart can go in. (I think we'll have to let Crusher2 slip.)
Even if those were fixed TONIGHT, I would still want to rigorously test the release candidates of the pack.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
I don't suppose this is a good time to mention JB-Hydro64, lol.

Though I wouldn't rely on me finishing it for the pack. I'm afk over Easter weekend so will be continuing work on it Tuesday onwards - I've done the arena, jails and most of the execution already, so not much left (and the good thing is, the CTF has already had uber bug testing and a couple of iterations, so shouldn't be many non-jb-specific bugs). So if the pack's release happens to get delayed maybe it could make it in, but if you can release them earlier next week then go for it - I'll just release it separately.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
I'm having a trial run with Umod Wizard, and I can't work this at all.

How do I add Jailbreak as a requirement?
The files I add -- should they be in their correct location when I pick them, or will the Umod installer know where to put maps etc?
Do the groups mean anything?
Should the readme and the logo already be added as files to the umod?
What does 'cleanup files' mean? Will it wipe the files I've added or what?

The Umod I've created doesn't work at all. Nothing happens when I open it.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
TheSpoonDog said:
I don't suppose this is a good time to mention JB-Hydro64, lol.

OMG thats so awesome, i can't wait!

One question is the JB version based on the LE edition of Hydro64?

Last edited:

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
It never worked for me, I always get the zip versions of everything, ends up being quicker anyway.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
One question is the JB version based on the LE edition of Hydro64?
Yes. Though I've realized more and more that the level was designed specifically for CTF and doesn't really suit Jailbreak... but then again, the original UT JB-Hydro32 didn't really either, and was still fun. We'll see.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Mychaeel said:
Do other .ut4mod files still work? (I vaguely remember a problem with one of the UT2004 patches which broke double-clicking support for .ut4mod files.)

Nope, just tried the Classic Map Pack and that does the same.
Drat :(