JB map pack #2?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
There are now 6 individual maps listed as required for Lockdown, so I think it might be time to bundle them up and call them the Jailbreak Bonus Map Pack #2 (the Classic pack being #1). This would make it easier for people to get set up to play on the mothership.

What do you guys think?

The maps are:
JB-Chrome (CoolDude)
JB-Crusher2 (RevBillyG)
JB-Furia (ZedMaestro)
JB-Galactica (RevBillyG)
JB-Oasis-V2 (SpoonDog)
JB-ScorchedEarth (Rob)

Matthew Leech

Is not my real name.
Mar 11, 2005
No! That is NOT my self portrait!
No, not a good idea. wait untill 2000c comes out and replace the old oasis with the new one. the reason why spoon made a new one was because it had a lot of critical bugs, also revs galactica needs to fix his crash bug or else no online play for us.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Oh hang on, Oasis is an ECE map -- so the updated version should probably be bundled with 2004c.
In that case, that's only 5 maps, and we can maybe wait for a 6th, or for the two maps CoolDude is finishing.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I have planned a good layout for a JB map, but I won't start with it until I finish my two maps in progress (about 1st July), so my map could be finished in August... emmm... :eek: it's too late, isn't it?

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
G.Lecter said:
I have planned a good layout for a JB map, but I won't start with it until I finish my two maps in progress (about 1st July), so my map could be finished in August... emmm... :eek: it's too late, isn't it?

Our general plan for maps with Jailbreak 2004 has been to release maps individually, as they are completed.

My opinion on a map pack is that it should be a bundle of previously-released maps, packed together as one for convenience.
Adding new maps that haven't been widely tested makes things much harder. Even with plenty of beta testing, errors creep in (like the problem we had with Heights).
So for your map, it would be best to release it as a single map, and then it can maybe feature in a map pack later on.

The_Head said:
I hope pimpiong my map aint taken the wrong way here. JB-Tomb?

I don't see it on the NaliCity list...

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
tarquin said:
I don't see it on the NaliCity list...

Thats because its not on Nalicity :p
Its on the JB forums somewhere.....

At Mat leech;
Yeh I would agree there, I know it lacks the overall quality butI find it fun, i suppose thats what matters to me. Someday I will improve it.....
sadly my UED aint working properly and I really don't have the time atm

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Ok, a few more maps have been released...

Here's a suggested list of maps:

• JB-Chrome (CoolDude)
  • JB-Crusher2 (RevBillyG)
  • JB-Coralation (ZedMaestro)
  • JB-Furia (ZedMaestro)
  • JB-Gravity (Hazel)
  • JB-Relic (ZedMaestro)
  • JB-ScorchedEarth (Rob)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
- I'd remove JB-Coralation and include it in the official JB200xC release. :D
- The_Head will finish soon JB-Egypt and JB-Cyanide, which could be in that pack too... :rolleyes:
- And what has happened with Rev's JB-Galactica? :(

G.Lecter said:
I have planned a good layout for a JB map, but I won't start with it until I finish my two maps in progress (about 1st July), so my map could be finished in August... emmm... it's too late, isn't it?
Lol, I said I'd finish a Jaibreak map in August, and it hasn't been started seriously yet. I just have placed a few stupid cubes, and now I'm not so sure if that will ever become a map... meh... :p

Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
G.Lecter said:
- I'd remove JB-Coralation and include it in the official JB200xC release. :D
- The_Head will finish soon JB-Egypt and JB-Cyanide, which could be in that pack too... :rolleyes:
- And what has happened with Rev's JB-Galactica? :(

I doubt we'll include extra maps in the 200xC release. There are many maps in there already, and also it keep the size of the patch installer fairly small.
The strategy for map packs (as I said above) is for previously-released maps to be bundled together.
Galactica... good question! What's the update on the bug?

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Not yet. I am reading some tutorials on Wiki,
but just at with Mychaeel I'm quite short on time
and since I'm trying to learn about C++ too.
(and trying to map) I'm not quite concentrated
when it comes to scripting.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
I'll finish my Shared Jail Addon as soon as possible. Would like this one to be included in the C-patch. WE NEED MORE SHARED JAILS!

Will look into fixing then.

ps. What does Jailbreak do if certain addons are in conflict with eachother? More and more addons are being made now, this is gonna happen sooner or later.