I just bought UT2003...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
Doc_EDo said:
They ARE COMPLETE noobs, because you DONT NEED to KILL all the FUN parts like impact jumping and launching your teammates, you just have to map correctly protecting objectives to ensure they are done is order.
My experience of 2 years of being and assault player and mapper, communicating with members of leagues and public players about weeknesses of AS outweighs experiance and knowledge of anyone that only maps for Epic and has played 2-3 AS games.

n00b :rolleyes:

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
EDo_ego++;

However mapping is the key, not changing the game physics for maps.

But then, telling someone who's making money from 'ripping off' your ideas he's a 'n00b' is an incredibly self-centred pov Doc. Maybe you should realise something here...?

Hint: You've been remaking the UT mod, Tom's taking part in making the *new* version of the mod... getting paid for his expertise... teh winnar si tom!

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
And I work for Bill Gates. Say goodbye to Epic. :lol:

Lewis said:
i seriously doubt your mapping "experience" is better than some people's work in the community... and i know that quite a few people will actually back me on that
What kind of n00b are you?? I was talking about AS-specific mapping with constant playtesting from AS community/league, reffering to gameplay not some lame eye candy plant or trim. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lewis

May 1, 2003
Doc_EDo said:
They ARE COMPLETE noobs, because you DONT NEED to KILL all the FUN parts like impact jumping and...
ok, if they're all n00bs or whatever, then why the hell are you still playing games by them if they're so bad? and if you think you can go and do better, then go for it cos i know you'll fail

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
He could have been joking, but there you go.
Make an absurdly stupid statement like the fact that you seem to think you're the absolute top dog and that Epic/the rest of the cummunity are all n00bs, then you will get a bashing, full stop. :)

[Edit] I like that typo. ;)

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
The definition of a n00b is self-determining.. if you call people n00bs then you are one, it's a dirogitary(sp) term used to intimate that you're somehow superior to them in your geekdom.

Ergo if you're trying to one-up people on total irrelevance then you're still childish, ergo a newbie to the world simply 'cos you don't seem to realise that you need to wisen up, ergo n00b. TEH IRUNI SI FUNNEH.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Doc_EDo said:
And I work for Bill Gates. Say goodbye to Epic. :lol:

What kind of n00b are you?? I was talking about AS-specific mapping with constant playtesting from AS community/league, reffering to gameplay not some lame eye candy plant or trim. :rolleyes:

Doc, u think someone in the community would give a reply like that to you.

a map has to look good to play well otherwise the player wont enjoy the map.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Now please stop all flaming and be nice to each other. It's soon christmas and Santa is watching you. :)
Reading this thread can make Fearless believe that the only thing he missed so far is the flames ;)

Fearless, the only thing you missed so far is a huge trunk of frustration ;)

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Hunter said:
Doc, u think someone in the community would give a reply like that to you.

a map has to look good to play well otherwise the player wont enjoy the map.
Soz. When ppl start talking about things they are clueless about, but actually believe they know all about it, for some reason I cant stop myself from calling them n00bs... :hmm:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Look who's talking ...

It's kind of odd that you say that graphics aren't important for a map and yet at the same time you make a mod & maps for a pure eye-candy engine.
Then why didn't you make Assault2 for UT ?

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
...Anyways, Fearless, update to the latest patch (2225 I think), get the Brightskins download, DE and Epic Bonus packs, and you should be good in terms of officially released stuff.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Obviously you, being the be-all and end-all of the knowledge of everything, are the paradigm of non-n00bness. Who gives a **** if you map, your attitude sucks pig-tits, wisen up.

I still don't understand how you could call any of us clueless, especially Tom, and even me.

Watch you don't get RO'd for being so anal.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Doc_EDo said:
Soz. When ppl start talking about things they are clueless about, but actually believe they know all about it, for some reason I cant stop myself from calling them n00bs... :hmm:
And you know we're clueless because.....?

Because what? We don't agree with you? We don't hold your opinion therefore we are noobs?

Epic is fixing Assault the way it should be. NO launching to the final destination. NO completing the map in 18 seconds. Epic didn't steal your mod, you are not that important. Much better mods than your Assault tweak have been made, like Deathball, and if something that great can't even get into UT2K4 what chance does a small time nobody who tweaks an existing mod have? Please get over yourself. Epic is fixing up THEIR mod NOT yours. Remember: you ported theirs, not the other way around.

Last edited by a moderator:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
\/\/0RF said:
Tom works for Epic? :eek:

ah, hell, I'm gonna have to start being nice to him now... ;)

well kinda, all he does is beta testing still, nothing major. It's not like he is a huge part of the epic team or anything like that. I dont even think he is working there anymore is he? I thought he was just suppose to be there for six weeks. Which means he should be out by now.

and guys arent exactly helping the situation here with doc_ed, you are baiting him you know... He is just making the assault mod the way he thinks it should be made, just like what epic is doing. Most of you here defending epic have done some pissing on them as well, i'm seeing a bit of a double standard here and I think you should all just ****ing chill already.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Fearless asked for advice, wanted some info on the game and look at this thread.
What a mess.
Can't you people just stop it?
And stick to ehmmm.. helping out fearless? That was the whole idea of this thread.. ffs.

man.. :hmm:

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Just a friendly warning to hold down the personal flames. Like ed said, calling someone a "n00b" makes you one simply because you had to use that term.

Assault is Epic's gametype; anything else is a derivative version, no matter how you twist it. Ergo, Epic aren't stealing anything, and if they can get rid of the ten-second games, they have my full support.

TomWithTheWeather

Die Paper Robots!
May 8, 2001
Dallas TX
tomwiththeweather.blogspot.com
Doc_EDo said:

Your "experience" is based on the opinions of a small group of people who found it fun to exploit physics loopholes in an otherwise very fun gametype, therefore ruining it for the potentially far greater number of players that would otherwise still be playing it right now. If Epic had known these exploits existed before UT99 shipped, they would have fixed the gametype.

It's like making a mod/map specifically for spawn camping or impact hammer teleporter camping.

UT2K4 Assault fixes these loopholes. You can't hammer jump in assault, much less launch someone with a big explosive weapon. Hell, the objectives you're not suppose to reach yet aren't even enabled until you complete the previous one, so if you were able to reach the last objective first, you wouldn't be able to complete it without all the others being completed first.

Now lets end this discussion and get back to the topic of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.