How big is your ut folder?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

anterobs

Fast and Furious
Mar 5, 2001
Porto Alegre - RS
www.geocities.com
1204 MB / 1453 files

And this is without Unreal 1, thats is on my UT path, so I can play it without the CD on drive. :)

With Unreal 1 it jumps to 1647 MB / 1705 files, and I've uninstaled RA and the hi-res textures, and there may be 5 or 6 screenshots in my folders.

I've configured Norton SpeedDisk to put my Ut folder at the fastest part of the disk, so it may load some miliseconds faster. :D

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Just checked and it's at 1.91 GB. Of course, I'm a map whore. I have over 400 maps (>300 DM, >90 CTF, the rest are DOM, AS and mod-specific maps). Have >50 skins, >50 voices, Fragball 2 mod, U4E mod and RealTournament mod.

I try to keep the mods to a minimum, because the more you have the more problems you can have. This has been installed since day 1 (6-4-2000, then v436 when it first came out) and no problems. Of course, the problem with having a lot of maps and playing a lot of different maps is you never quite learn too many specific maps very well. And, even though my skills might increase, not knowing the map does not help in winning the match. Oh well, Happy Fragging!

SkaarjMaster (aka Someone Else)

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Well, I'm up to 1.76 gigs in my UT folder now. However, that doesn't count the class scripts I exported and then built with UnDox, it doesn't count the inventory lists that I've been creating in Microsoft Word, it doesn't count the 30+ screenshots that I've taken, and it doesn't account for the fact that most of an 830 meg Unreal Gold folder is wired into UT through a bit of INI file editing.

Oh, and UT also has access to the music in my Deus Ex folder.

Oh, and I also forgot to mention UnDox, WOTgreal, and UT Cache Cleaner.

Okay, i think that's it now!

Buscemi

Lost and cannot be found
May 1, 2001
Far away from here
www.zombo.com
Currently I have:
3,20 GB (3.443.146.752 bytes)
3.952 files, 71 folders

I have loads of mods installed right now. Some I really don't play anymore. But still I keep them since I need to re-install badly anyway only need to buy a new UT-cd......old one has gone missing.

Habitat21

-Hab-
Oct 14, 2001
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
I don't know why I took so long to get this game...but after that I went on a map/skin/model/mod downloading craze!

You can obviously see where that got me! :D

I think I need a new hard drive...one for the family, and one for me! :p

:shock:

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Mine's probably just about 600 MB because I recently deleted the base folder that had ALL my UT downloads, mods, maps, patches, skins, voicepaks, mutators, models......I was pissed off and not thinking very clearly because I had UT installed in two different folders on my computer, one with all the mods and stuff applied, and another folder without anything besides the patches and Epic bonus packs (so as to assure it would be bug-free).

When I tried to start a server with my 'plain-jane' UT, it crashed with some error message about not being able to find the file 'InfiltrationUT', so I got pissed and deleted the folder with my modded UT, Infiltration, and everything else in the process. Whoops. Thank god I bought the game and have the CD :).

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
But you did make a back-up of all those mods/maps/models/skins.... right?

I accidentally deleted my first folder in december last year... never .. never.. never again.. stupid.. stupid .. move :D