Hey, look... a UT2004 cheater...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
That guy was on one of the Onslaught servers last night. He was extremely rude and pretty much cheated. The good thing will be, that when the full release comes out, votekick will be an option. Thus, lamers like him won't have the last word on the servers.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
It's weird, in all my years of gaming in UT, I don't think I ever saw a cheat first hand. And tonight, on a CTF server, (NGL CTF maybe) one pops in. Same speed hack cheat ... went by the alias Mr.Giggles. I went into spectate mode but then I realized there's no demo support. (I did get a screenshot though, but that just proves his name)

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
Eh I ran into some of the ELF guys in 2k3 insta gib, and some in my brief times in normal weapons.

Frankly I don't think aimbots are that uber, yeah its cheating but I know plenty of insta gibers that have bot like aim and don't miss much if at all.

BTW anti TCC isn't made by epic (last I checked) and you have to specificaly instal it on a server to use it. Moreover anti TCC slows your ping, and gets allot of false hits, its more of a pain than its worth.

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Saito said:
Frankly I don't think aimbots are that uber, yeah its cheating but I know plenty of insta gibers that have bot like aim and don't miss much if at all.

Yeah i agree, bot ai in games is barely diffrent than someone aimbotting, and wallhacks are just a tad better than people on teamspeak using spectator. Godmode, noclip and speed hacks etc are pretty lame though.

Was playing ons the other day, and as the gametype demands the losing team started to leave when we began to finish em off and whoopdie doo some dumbass admin has the server set to have like 26 bots in it and they fill the team and dominate us cause of their bots hacking us to death... Ive still never won a offline game with more than 4 bots per team (and doubt it when others say they have), they are really cheap and are hopefully fixed in retail....

dXII][Pa

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Jan 3, 2004
Prophetus said:
The good thing will be, that when the full release comes out, votekick will be an option. Thus, lamers like him won't have the last word on the servers.

Sadly enough I doubt that. If you have ever played Tactical Ops online you know that that is one of the most cheat infested mods ever. And it has votekick. But as soon as someone goes "kick him, he's a cheater" the guy says "No, I'm no cheater" and you end up with an argument that will last 3 or 4 games until the cheater is finnaly kicked. This happens even with the most obvious cheaters. Then he just reconnects with a new IP and new nick and here we go again.

The only "anti cheat protection" that works so far, IMO, is to play on servers where there's an admin playing almost constantly. Or to password servers and only play with people you know don't cheat.

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Yeah i agree.

If someone isnt ruing 90% of the server fun good chance getting him kicked.

I doubt like hell that they will add in a good kick feature in ut2k4.... needs to be if you dont vote you dont count, where most games are like 40% of the server has to vote yes etc...

If its 6 to 3 in a 32 player server the vote should pass, maybee a 5 to 4 shouldnt though, should fall back on that percentage but it should only be voters not server count... Its not like the election would fail and we would keep the same president for 4 years if half the country doesnt vote......

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Cause no one can be bothered writing a cheat for a game 300 people play, when you can werite a cheat for a game thousands of people play. It would be like writing viruses for Linux or Mac. They're not impenetrable like everyone wants to believe, it's just that there's too few people using them as opposed to Windows so why target a smaller group? You'd target the biggest group possible and XMP ain't it.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I'm sorry to say that I've heard there is at least one private bot that works on XMP.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Saito said:
Eh I ran into some of the ELF guys in 2k3 insta gib, and some in my brief times in normal weapons.

BTW anti TCC isn't made by epic (last I checked) and you have to specificaly instal it on a server to use it. Moreover anti TCC slows your ping, and gets allot of false hits, its more of a pain than its worth.

First of all, IG is different than NW. If you are playing NW and getting headshotted everytime you respawn it's different than expecting to die from the IG rifle. Not EVERY weapon in NW is one shot, one kill. That is the problem.

Secondly, if you mentioned this AntiTCC report to Wormbo, you would get a nice long dissertation on the subject. AntiTCC doesn't effect network bandwidth more than about 0.5% if that. The only effect it has is when you very first connect to the server, and then it's up to the server admin to make sure it's not checking every 2us (microseconds). :p Anyways that is all I have to say about that.

Cheating is a problem whether you care or not.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
The problem has nothing to do with we just can't stop them. UT2k3 was fairly botfree for quite some time. The problem is that for the longest time we all expected drsin and epic to take care of it with patches. However with 2k4 in the works they concentrate on that hence no patch for 2k3. Hopefully with 2k4 there will be more frequent patches. This way we only need things like anti tcc as a quick fix. I don't think that aimbots will be a gigantic problem, not anywhere close to the problem it was in ut1 (which we dealt with fairly well with cshp)

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
Secondly, if you mentioned this AntiTCC report to Wormbo, you would get a nice long dissertation on the subject. AntiTCC doesn't effect network bandwidth more than about 0.5% if that. The only effect it has is when you very first connect to the server, and then it's up to the server admin to make sure it's not checking every 2us (microseconds). Anyways that is all I have to say about that.

I have heard what wormbo said, and thats a crock, it can mess things up more than that. The largest problem with it is the rediculus amount of false hit's it generates. The only good reason to use it was to stop the "tweak", which wasn't really a cheat like an aim bot, but more of an assortment of vis hacks that upped your FPS and made it easier to see things. Problem was antiticc got more legit players than cheaters so it was a pain.

Cheating is a problem whether you care or not.

I do care, marginaly. I didn't see much cheating in the instagib comunity, apart from the brief time where tweak was used (and for the record people came out and said they used it, we all tried it and the clans voted on what to do with it, we decided not to use it) I never really had to deal with it. I saw an ElF 2 times in IG, but by in large there wasn't much cheating. However I have seen it allot in NW. Hence why I care only marginaly

Edit, and if you don't want cheaters, play on locked servers :)

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Saito said:
I have heard what wormbo said, and thats a crock, it can mess things up more than that. The largest problem with it is the rediculus amount of false hit's it generates. The only good reason to use it was to stop the "tweak", which wasn't really a cheat like an aim bot, but more of an assortment of vis hacks that upped your FPS and made it easier to see things. Problem was antiticc got more legit players than cheaters so it was a pain.

I do care, marginaly. I didn't see much cheating in the instagib comunity, apart from the brief time where tweak was used (and for the record people came out and said they used it, we all tried it and the clans voted on what to do with it, we decided not to use it) I never really had to deal with it. I saw an ElF 2 times in IG, but by in large there wasn't much cheating. However I have seen it allot in NW. Hence why I care only marginaly

Edit, and if you don't want cheaters, play on locked servers :)

I didn't see a huge problem with AntiTCC except I hated that he added the stupid "Netspeed hack protection" which wasn't a hack, it was dynamic netspeed...for people like me in 2k3 that had to change their netspeed often, that was a pain. But I only saw dumb people getting dropped by AntiTCC and never had any problems with it myself. If you want to see a huge bandwidth hog, try TTM. TTM for a person like me on 2k3 was lag city!

And truth on your second point.

Verbal Assassin

Final moments with your love....
Apr 11, 2002
In the suburbs...
Visit site
A cheater came onto the Leathal Clan server, he was a speed hacker. So I starting mocking his cheating ass, then when the server changed to Onslaught he left. His name is thequickie.

Attachments

• Shot00001.jpg
    Shot00001.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

atropos

The One and Only
Aug 24, 2003
Belgium
I'm wondering where all the aimbotters are? I've never seen someone one a forum admit he's aimbotting (and it's even worse lying about it) and I don't know any players (personally) who aimbot. I've met them a lot, but they aren't in any community/forum/irc channel/... Don't they have a life or something?

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
Sir_Brizz said:
I didn't see a huge problem with AntiTCC except I hated that he added the stupid "Netspeed hack protection" which wasn't a hack, it was dynamic netspeed...for people like me in 2k3 that had to change their netspeed often, that was a pain. But I only saw dumb people getting dropped by AntiTCC and never had any problems with it myself. If you want to see a huge bandwidth hog, try TTM. TTM for a person like me on 2k3 was lag city!

And truth on your second point.

Well since I played mostly private games in 2k3 we got rid of the crap ;) it was more of a pain than it was worth.

never saw TTM, I have a feeling I don't want to ;)

{CoD}Unholy Relic

class Arm extends Hand; var Fingers
Feb 26, 2004
Icebox, MN
I've run into this problem myself. Mostly laggers and speedhackers. Prolly a couple aimbots also. It's funny though. Anyone else here see someone named "BuzzLightBeer?" kinda funny. called my bro a botter for beating him with his speedhack. Ah well.