Help save UT files on Filefront

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mikouen

FileFront UTFiles Site Manager
Mar 26, 2009
We don't have the hard drives, but we do have complete backups of their contents, for almost all of the network sites. ;)

Diehard

O is done. I don't know if I'll be able to download some tommorow but I'll try.

Just see how far you can go, anything will help :)

Can anything be done about the 1000s of maps?

Except for the Dm maps O through Z all other 1000s of maps are accounted for :)

We don't have the hard drives, but we do have complete backups of their contents, for almost all of the network sites. ;)

Do you have all the game, or just the Unreal series ? And do you also have the database with the info on the files ?

Mikouen

Mar 26, 2009
Diehard said:
Do you have all the game, or just the Unreal series ? And do you also have the database with the info on the files ?
We have all the files from all the game sites.

We have several backups of the fileinfo pages, as well - both the backed up files came with their info pages in HTML format, and two of the former network tech managers have dumps of the complete SQL database for the network.

So, it's safe. :)

Diehard

P is done.
X is done.
Y is done.
Z is done.

Haha, you skipped the largest ones :p ;)

We have all the files from all the game sites.

Well i was wondering because the site always says it has over 42 terabyte of data, thats allota hardrives. 42 terabyte drives or 84 fivehundred gigabyte drives.

Lol, on the other hand, i got 6 fivehundred gigabyte drives here at home.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Haha, you skipped the largest ones :p ;)

I know :p . Filefront is becoming a bit sluggish though. Either I have packet loss or there's too many requests on the server at the moment.

Q is done.

Last edited:

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
In case you got space left(and time), i wouldnt mind if you could download all UT Dm maps O(as in Orbit) through Z.

Movies will wait I guess. I will start downloading DM maps from Z and will follow down to O =) I'm not sure if I will be able to download everything since I've got some RL stuff to do.

edit:
P is done.
X is done.
Y is done.
Z is done.
I guess I'll start from W =)))

Btw. Does this mean that you've got ctf and assault and everyting else but DM ?

edit2:
W is done
V is done
U is done

Last edited:

Mikouen

Mar 26, 2009
The 48TB is the FileFront.com main site. The actual network sites, which we're focused on salvaging, don't add up to more than roughly 1.2-1.5TB.

Firefly said:
So when will we see a new site?
The first priority is to get a forum set up for regrouping, and as a community/staff platform for communication during work on the sites.

The forum should hopefully be up on Monday, with work on the new network not too far behind.

Desired timeframe to get the sites running is within the next month, but of course the sooner the better.

Diehard

Btw. Does this mean that you've got ctf and assault and everyting else but DM ?

I need to clear that up lol, i realised i didnt mention it before :rolleyes:

When i started the Unreal Texture site i did download all files from Unreal.

For UT i did download all maps including CTF, Monster Hunt Double Domination etc. etc. But never had time to finish the Dm maps O through Z I also didnt download the mods, bonuspacks etc.

The same aplies for UT2004, i downloaded all maps with a few exceptions and also the mods were missing, again thinking i had time enough, as with UT,.......

So basically if i dont mention certain downloads, it means they have been downloaded before.

Yesterday and today i spent all my time downloading files for UT2004 from this page and follow things have been completed:

- Modifications
- Official Add Ons
- Official Demos
- Official Patches
- Official Serverfiles
- Other
- Skins
- Tools And Utilitie
- Unofficial Add Ons

Total files downloaded: 2054
Amount of folders: 577
Total filesize: 27.3 Gigabyte
Total time spend: 18 hours

I do have doubts if i got all maps :confused: (am not sure what and what not i did download, kinda stupid and I should have written it down backthan :mad: !!!), and will see what i can do on those later this evening and night.

Tomorow i will spend all my time on UT2003 and i have so far 0 (read zero) filles from that game, so it will have all priority tomorow. I asume i still have to Sunday night(or i should say monday morning) till 6 in the morning(my time, european) till the site will go down on the assumption the servers are located in the US.

The first priority is to get a forum set up for regrouping, and as a community/staff platform for communication during work on the sites.

The forum should hopefully be up on Monday, with work on the new network not too far behind.

Desired timeframe to get the sites running is within the next month, but of course the sooner the better.

If you guys can pull that off, would be plain awsome. I think most people dont realise that theres millions of files hosted on the personal accounts at FileFront. Things like, someone wrote a tutorial to be found on a personal page, or a tool to work between the editor and 3dsMax. Stuff like that will be lost if the site would be gone forever. And its those files that are actually the biggest loss. We will find a lot of dead pages on google alright if it will be down.........

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
I need to clear that up lol, i realised i didnt mention it before :rolleyes:

When i started the Unreal Texture site i did download all files from Unreal.
Does this mean we gotta check the latest maps as well? We need a date then ;)

I do have doubts if i got all maps :confused: (am not sure what and what not i did download, kinda stupid and I should have written it down backthan :mad: !!!), and will see what i can do on those later this evening and night.
Ok, here it goes: a method I use when the number of downloaded files doesn't match the number listed in filefront directory.
I sort my files and filefront files by size and move through their pages, checking my files on the way. Since they've got the same number of files per page it's pretty easy. I just check if my 15nth files matchers their last file on the first page, then goes file number 30 and their last file on the 2nd page and so on. If they don't match it means there's something missing from the last page ;) Bad thing it works only if you kept their directory structure.

edit:
T is done

Diehard

Does this mean we gotta check the latest maps as well? We need a date then ;)

True, the files that have been added to FileFront after i downloaded will be missing, but its impossible to to check that. If you would try find them, takes that long, your better of redownloading them all again..... But thats not really new to me lol. I always asumed that new files will be missing on Unreal Texture, unless people submit them to the site. Downloading all files is already a horrible job, and keeping track of new files is virtually impossible. Except readownloading all files again once a year or once each 2 years.

Ok, here it goes: a method I use when the number of downloaded files doesn't match the number listed in filefront directory.
I sort my files and filefront...........kept their directory structure

That unfortunatelly doesnt work, the files i have theoretically contain all downloads from FileFront, Beyond Unreal, partially from www.ut-files.com ;) , partially from FilePlanet and various other sources. And again, if i start compare, will take that long, i might as well hit the downloadbutton :hmm: Same goes for the filestructure, I download them from FileFront and maintain the filestructure for the moment, but after that they will be implemented in the Unreal Texture filestructure, which sometimes is the same but not always.

I do check the downlaods by a mass unpack all zipfiles, to see if they are broken. If so however, most are broken on FileFront themselves and not due to the download.

I did found 2 files and couldnt find any working version of those:

Unreal_Fortress_Public_Release_1_(Build199_full).zip
Unreal-Fortress-Public-Release-1-non-umod.zip

The other thing i cant find anywhere, or dont know how to find them are the original by Epic released trailers and teasers for UT, if someone has a link to the highest quality versions of those, please post them(and i dont mean YouTube crap). Original files is what i want.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
The 48TB is the FileFront.com main site. The actual network sites, which we're focused on salvaging, don't add up to more than roughly 1.2-1.5TB.

That's good news :D

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
True, the files that have been added to FileFront after i downloaded will be missing, but its impossible to to check that. If you would try find them, takes that long, your better of redownloading them all again..... But thats not really new to me lol. I always asumed that new files will be missing on Unreal Texture, unless people submit them to the site. Downloading all files is already a horrible job, and keeping track of new files is virtually impossible. Except readownloading all files again once a year or once each 2 years.

Actually it will be a little bit easier since they have "Date Added" sort mechanism.

S is finished btw.
Srprisingly they have significant number of identical files. Like 22 out of 449 in S have duplicates. Often even by the same name.

Anyway, I'm done for today, gotta go get some sleep.

Diehard

In the meantime i finished up with UT2004 and i already started working on UT2003. And i kinda asume that i can finish that entire site as well, cause i suspect it wont be as near as much files as UT2004. If so i will also point my arrow to UT3 and see whats mising there(though cant be too much).

In total i downloaded 42.5 gigabyte in the last days which are 8863 files in 916 folders.

I guess theres also a positive side on the whole deal, it means that adding the files for the games that are not yet on Unreal Texture will be added alot faster than planned. It also means that two weeks from now www.UnrealTexture.com is by faaaaaaar the largest site worldwide as far as downloadable stuff for the entire Unreal series :D

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
S is finished btw.

R is done. So, logically, O to Z should be covered.

Srprisingly they have significant number of identical files. Like 22 out of 449 in S have duplicates. Often even by the same name.

I noticed the same thing. In two sections there is a file that can be found on the start of the next page.

Also the md5 for each file used to be shown but that seems to have been removed.

Last edited: