Help save UT files on Filefront

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mikouen

FileFront UTFiles Site Manager
Mar 26, 2009
Diehard said:
Is it possible to gain FTP access to FileFront so i can backup as much as possible? As it is i am downloading the entire site file by file, and trust me its alot of work.........
Not possible. Everyone including the most senior staff are locked out of the system, and all FileFront employees have been fired (including the dozen or so who worked there for a living).

However, you can relax, because we have two full backups of the entire file archive from the network site. As Lulolwen says, the people who made FileFront Network happen in the first place are working to establish a new network to save all this content which we've salvaged.

So we'll have UT3Files restored along with the rest of the sites in a timely fashion.

Our biggest challenge now, is contacting all of the authors of these files to get permission to rehost. However, we can address that issue when the new site is near ready to go live.

Diehard

Visit the link below, select ArloriaNET web irc, enter your name in nick and enter #backup as the channel.

http://mibbit.com/chat/

Thanks Azure, though from the post Mikouen gave it doesnt matter any more, since i was hoping for FTP.

Our biggest challenge now, is contacting all of the authors of these files to get permission to rehost. However, we can address that issue when the new site is near ready to go live.

I doubt that theres any problem, my site also host those files without specific permissions. And the reason is quit simple, if someone offers his/her files for free download, than i always asume re-offering never can be a problem!

As for the backups, i finished all backups for the UT site. I downloaded follow complete sections from this page:

- Add Ons
- Linux
- Models
- Modifications
- Official Add Ons
- Official Demos
- Official Patches
- Official Serverfiles
- Skins
- Tools And Utilities

Total files downloaded: 1630
Amount of folders: 159
Total filesize: 3.52 Gigabyte
Total time spend: 18 hours

I will add the files to the site before next wednesday.

I still have to downloads most stuff from UT2004, UT2003 and Unreal II, and hopefully i will get that done before midnight comming sunday when the FileFront shuts down.

I appreciate creating the backups Mikouen and hope you guys can pull it off to raise a new site from FileFront files. But i still will try download the remaining sections for Unreal Texture. As long as its there, its still a fast and reliable way for me to gain the files. I just wish i had alot more time.......

LondonDryGin

Nov 24, 2008
I think there's whole lot of stuff that's not in any of those "Unreal Tournament" section. I want to save all UT movies I can but I can't find them there and own-age is down =(

No need to worry about that. There's a guy in irc who has uploaded all movies to his rapidshare account a few months ago. I'll post the list here if you want.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
I'm not going to be one participating in the 1TB download though, because if I started now, it would take four months to get my TB done (And FF is dead in four days :lol:)

/Absurdity

Good luck with your project though. Can't help because my internet is too slow.

same plus with only a 5 gig limit on my internet

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I still have to downloads most stuff from UT2004, UT2003 and Unreal II, and hopefully i will get that done before midnight comming sunday when the FileFront shuts down.

I should have all the Unreal II files downloaded. Send an e-mail address by PM so I can transfer them to you next month by FTP.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I've got 115 MBytes at the moment. That doesn't seem much but most of the files are only a few MB in size. I'm going to redownload the demo installers since Firefox seems to have failed downloading them or the session timed out. Rest assured that I'll make sure that all the files are properly downloaded.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Update: It seems that downloading more than 4 files at a time from filefront with Firefox 3 is unreliable.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Ok, I'm finished with Unreal 2. The final size is 927 MB. Keep the links coming.

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
Thanks for the movie links =)

Ok, here's a thought. When I downloaded some stuff, I ended whith bunch of files. I navigate through them somehow but I'm not sure I will be able to keep up as their numbers increase. Makes me think if someone was saving descriptions and directory structure =)

Diehard

Ok, I'm finished with Unreal 2. The final size is 927 MB. Keep the links coming.

Thats cool, we will arange FTP when all this is over.

In case you got space left(and time), i wouldnt mind if you could download all UT Dm maps O(as in Orbit) through Z. Thats pretty much all that i wont be able to do for UT. I asume its alot of files as well filesize. Still if you are able it would be cool.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
In case you got space left(and time), i wouldnt mind if you could download all UT Dm maps O(as in Orbit) through Z.

O is done. I don't know if I'll be able to download some tommorow but I'll try.