GTAIV thread anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?

Well... if getting that 100% isn't for you there's always the replayability for the gameplay itself.

Even before mods I was, and am still able to hop on San Andreas and enjoy wasting some time just by making up the action as I go along. It's a big sandbox. Explore; find and make up your own accomplishments or jumps/stunts/scenarios that seem impossible to escape, start sh*t you can play with.

GTA4, while not as diverse, is the most massive sandbox yet.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
spoiler question:
are there regular car delivery missions like in the previous GTAs? Where you deliver every type of car and can get any type of car delivered to the garage for you when you've completed it?

There are two types of delivery missions:
1. Brucie will email you the location and picture of each car he wants. You have to take them in the order he sends them. There are 10 total.
After you've delivered all 10, Brucie will give your number to his friend Stevie(the guy you 'borrow' the Comet from).

2. Stevie will send you text messages(one at a time, in random order) to your cellphone, with a vague description of where you can find the vehicle and a picture of it. There are 30 deliveries in total.
The description will help you find the general area, like Chase Point in Bohan or w/e. Then you'll have to drive around and try to find it. Sometimes you can tell from the background of the pictures where the car is.
Every car you deliver will earn you money, and of course the fancier the car, the more money you get. The SuperGT and Turismo will get you around 36000 each.
After these are done, you will get the ability to deliver any car at any time to Stevies garage for some quick cash. However, the cars won't be worth as much as they were the first time.
I hope that's what you wanted to know. :eek:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The thing is, you'll lose rep with Brucie, and you'll also have a hard time if there's no sport cars on the race line, which mostly happens. BTW Mozi, there's no Infernus cop car unfortunately, I wished there was one.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
There are two types of delivery missions:
1. Brucie will email you the location and picture of each car he wants. You have to take them in the order he sends them. There are 10 total.
After you've delivered all 10, Brucie will give your number to his friend Stevie(the guy you 'borrow' the Comet from).

2. Stevie will send you text messages(one at a time, in random order) to your cellphone, with a vague description of where you can find the vehicle and a picture of it. There are 30 deliveries in total.
The description will help you find the general area, like Chase Point in Bohan or w/e. Then you'll have to drive around and try to find it. Sometimes you can tell from the background of the pictures where the car is.
Every car you deliver will earn you money, and of course the fancier the car, the more money you get. The SuperGT and Turismo will get you around 36000 each.
After these are done, you will get the ability to deliver any car at any time to Stevies garage for some quick cash. However, the cars won't be worth as much as they were the first time.
I hope that's what you wanted to know. :eek:

Thanks for the answer... not exactly what I was hoping to see in the game, but sounds good at any rate. I've already completed the Brucie ones since they were so enormously easy to do, but I've yet to get this Stevie thing... perhaps I need to do races?
The thing I was looking for comes primarily from GTA3, where there's different garages that collect different types of vehicles.. and the garages combined had pretty much all the land vehicles available in the game that needed collecting (including the special FBI and army cars! Tough as nails to get). After you'd completed a garage you could return to that garage and pick any of the cars that it collected and it would supply you with one. This was great to get the best cars like the Infernus, Banshee, Comet and such.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
The thing is, you'll lose rep with Brucie, and you'll also have a hard time if there's no sport cars on the race line, which mostly happens. BTW Mozi, there's no Infernus cop car unfortunately, I wished there was one.

Doesn't the type of cars at the startline change depending on which car you drive yourself?

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Anyone know what the specials in qub3d do?

They help you in clearing blocks ... although I think it also gives a penalty to your score.
I'm not sure which special does what though.
// ---

ff-ing snowstorm
I can get to the drugs in one piece without taking any hits.
However getting out is a nightmare as the auto-aim tracks the wrong targets and some of the enemies are 'invisible'.
How do I get out of this one alive ?
Lawchick's help is no good :(
I guess it's because the cops and getting rid of the wanted level are part of the mission ...
I probably could try calling dwayne.
the two gangsters he sends as backup is useful when starting a mission like this or any of the 'most wanted' mini-missions, I'm not too sure if they'll want to help me get out.

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
Dwayne's boys will shoot at anyone that shoot you, and vice versa

Use Grenades/M4/MP5 if you can in snowstorm, blast them out quickly, getting out quickly to prevent more cops from swarming in. Once in the car you can dial Kiki freely, and she can get the wanted level away, though driving it away is possible too.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
ff-ing snowstorm
However getting out is a nightmare as the auto-aim tracks the wrong targets and some of the enemies are 'invisible'.

I accidentally found an easy way to complete this mission:

On my third try, I was so sick of dying when I tried to make my way out. So I decided to remain(behind cover) in the room where you get the drugs, and shoot anyone that tried to enter(auto-shotgun preferred).
However, only two cops tried to get to me. The rest decided to move down the house on the outside to try to flank me or something, which is ridiculous since there's only one entrance.
As they made their way down the sides, I rushed through the house, which was now clear of cops, and got to my car. Then it was just a matter of shaking them.
It may have been just a fluke, but it won't hurt to try. ;)

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Well.

To be fair, number IV is actually missing some things that previous GTA games had made a staple for the series. Or so I thought.

Regardless, the things that have been added and updated heavily outweigh what's missing (imo) and allow the game to be just as exciting and enjoyable as those before it.

How long this exciting enjoyability lasts though remains to be seen. Something tells me this installment won't have near the replayability of its predecessors. Especially if they end up completely abandoning a PC version; the loss of long term sales and comeback play by way of community modification is pretty significant.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
They help you in clearing blocks ... although I think it also gives a penalty to your score.
I'm not sure which special does what though.
// ---

ff-ing snowstorm
Lawchick's help is no good :(
I guess it's because the cops and getting rid of the wanted level are part of the mission ...
I probably could try calling dwayne.
the two gangsters he sends as backup is useful when starting a mission like this or any of the 'most wanted' mini-missions, I'm not too sure if they'll want to help me get out.

Use the Sniper rifle to take out drug dealers before entering the church. Focus on the second floor, moving around the church as necessary to find them.
Go around behind the church and climb the ladder. Take out the remaining 1 or 2 drug dealers on the second floor.
Don't worry about killing all the drug dealers, they will help you fight the cops later.
Jump down to the left and take cover in the doorway. Toss a grenade in the drug room.
Go in drug room, take weapons/cash/armor, and then the coke.
Quickly as you can, head down the center hallway, taking out cops that block your progress, leave the others alone.
Exit front door and sprint towards the water through the hole in the fence.
Jump in water, climb into speed boat, and head out to sea at full throttle, avoiding cop boats.

Then look forward to the "Three Leaf Clover" mission.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I found the ladder the first time I tried that mission.
I never thought of not killing everyone even though the mission-text actually tells you to "(only) kill anyone who gets in your way"

// --
When you've got a game that breaks sales-records like GTA4 did on its first day I seriously doubt that 'losing' the pc-community will be much of an issue.
Heck ... if I was them I'd rather worry about solving current issues in the engine and having to repeat/match the success of this game in the next game instead of trying to port it to a platform that will cause even more problems to become visible.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
When you've got a game that breaks sales-records like GTA4 did on its first day I seriously doubt that 'losing' the pc-community will be much of an issue.
Heck ... if I was them I'd rather worry about solving current issues in the engine and having to repeat/match the success of this game in the next game instead of trying to port it to a platform that will cause even more problems to become visible.

If there's more money to be made... they'll do it.

In fact, I'd be shocked if wasn't already 90% done.