Getting Unreal Tournament Dreamcast Back Online

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GF-REX

Jan 31, 2008
Kansas, USA
www.unrealrex.com
The level that your server is running, where did it come from? I thought that the only successfully ripped level was that Hood domination map.

EDIT: Nevermind. You answered my question with the video.

Oh, yeah. Don't mind the connection going in right now. I'm just checking the server through my PC version.

Let me know if you want anymore testing done.

Last edited:

War_Master

May 27, 2005
I was wondering if it was possible to go online with the NullDC program for the PC. I tried to run an online game but it was the first time seeing all those options and had no idea of what to do. Also, what I saw on the options were some email I needed to get for a username and password I believe, and wouldn't let me do anything without them.

If you guys have tried it on the NullDC-PC or if you have any idea if it would work that way, let me know.

JaderFox

Jul 6, 2011
I tried the server and I have some good news and bad news.

The server shows up in the master listing, but if I join it through this way, I get denied.

If I start a practice session and join it manually through the "open" command, it takes a while to load, but I appear in a level! Just when things seem alright, I almost instantly get disconnected and I get an error about losing connection with the master server.

I don't know how you did it, but it looks like you are close to getting this working.

One point that I'd like to bring up is that the level I join appears to be a box with the default 'moon-like' texture applied to it.

Another point is the lack of a level screenshot. When viewing the server listing, it is supposed to show the map name and map screenshot. This shows the map filename, but no screenshot.

With these issues, it seems to me like the primary UT files are correct, but something is causing issues with the textures. I'm thinking either the texture files or the map file itself.

Friend, what server version for the PC you used?
Would make its UnrealTournament.ini?

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
This will soon be irrelevant. Upon release, Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack Milestone 6 is gonna include all Dreamcast and PlayStation 2 exclusive/changed maps (yes, I decided to include the shitty PS2 Galleon after all) in their original versions, thereby nullifying the need to torture yourselves with the DC/PS2 emulation to go online and play the maps.

JaderFox

Jul 6, 2011
Uh-huh, I wonder why, I am a long time trying to put a server in UTDC online but could not bring up the list of master = /

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
[Edit] Whoops just realized there were 3 pages to this thread, not one. This may be irrelevant!

I've never played the DC version or even owned or even seen a Dreamcast in person, but I am wondering why the connection would fail. Were the original DC UT servers hardcoded to specific IP addresses? If so, you might be SOL unless you can somehow get your servers running on the same IPs (this is probably impossible).

Is there any sort of console in the DC version you can use to attempt to connect to a specific IP instead of a server from a list? Were DC UT players ever able to host games from a DC on their own, or were there a fixed number of official servers that everyone played on?

If any of you can run the DC version on a PC via emulation, I'd recommend trying to connect to one of these custom servers while running Microsoft Network Monitor or Wireshark and seeing if you can determine where the connection is failing. Basically, this sounds like a networking issue to me. That or something in the engine is fixed to only select servers from a specific range of IPs, and any edits you have made to get the custom servers to display are just visibility hacks.

Do Dreamcast consoles connect to the internet and run via P2P or a client-server network? If client-server, how on earth are there still Dreamcast master servers running? That's pretty amazing if so!

Last edited:

JaderFox

Jul 6, 2011
The Dreamcast version also features the console, but when you use the open command does not esstabiliza DC IP connection (Words of a person tested), I myself have not tried the console, I will take the test to prove it.

More over this friend says he got to appear on the master server list, so it would be interesting if he has made available information on which version he used to server and also UnrealTournament.ini it = /. In DCArena a citizen said he had also managed to make the server appear on the master list, but said that it gave the HD problem and he could not set more UnrealTournament.ini = /.

virgindaddy89

virgin daddy
Oct 28, 2011
somewhere
awesome game

man I like the dc version of unreal tournament,hey any luck on getting the server back up? its been several months since anyone posted anything so have you figured it out?

JaderFox

Jul 6, 2011
TEamXlink Had some success?
I'm here with the same problem Denied Connection, to the error in the server console, guess its something to do with the texture of the characters

Console Error

NotifyAcceptingConnection: Server MyLevel accept (Here begins the connection, the server sees the connecting DC)
Open MyLevel 12/23/11 16:45:29 200.141.89.96:1126
NotifyAcceptingChannel Control 0 server Level DM_BARRICADE_DC.MyLevel: Accepted
Level server received: HELLO REVISION=0 MINVER=400 VER=413
Level server received: NETSPEED 2000
Client netspeed is 2000
Level server received: LOGIN RESPONSE=-1834895525 URL=Index.unr?name=Jader?char=
7?team=1
Login request: Index.unr?name=Jader?char=7?team=1
Level server received: JOIN
Join request: Index.unr?name=Jader?char=7?team=1
Failed to load 'Class None.usr:DefaultPlayer.Class': Can't find 'usr:DefaultPlay (here the error occurs, seems to be some texture character)
er.Class' in configuration file
Can't find 'usr:DefaultPlayer.Class' in configuration file
Team 1
Login: Jader
Possessed PlayerPawn: PlayerPawn DM_BARRICADE_DC.PlayerPawn0
All inventory from Jader is accepted
Join succeeded: Jader
Connection timed out after 30.000000 seconds (30.000262)
Close TcpipConnection0 12/23/11 16:46:10